PDA

View Full Version : Shock Value Response Advice for Ron Paul's Next Debate

michaelwise
08-31-2007, 10:06 PM
The next republican debate will be on Fox News in New Hampshire next week. What would be some good shock value responses, Ron Paul could use that would get him talked about on all the news channels the next day?

What if Romney tries to interrupt him again. Maybe Ron could say to him; Quiet sonny boy, you're given plenty of time in these debates, you'll get your turn.

What about a question on the economy. Ron could say; The Federal Reserve needs to be abolished for the constant mismanagement of our economy.

What other good shock value responses can you think of?

Mister Grieves
08-31-2007, 10:10 PM
They're already desperately trying to tout Ron Paul's support of the constitution as a fringe wacko idea. I'd prefer he not go out of his way to say something gimmicky. It's not his style.

Him just telling the truth seems most effective, and oddly enough, shocking against these other empty suits.

bbachtung
08-31-2007, 10:10 PM
He could challenge Bernanke to a fight.

Original_Intent
08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
He doesn't need gimmicks, he's the real deal.

Although if Romney exposes his jugular again like he did last time with his 9/11 comment, RP needs to school him.

im_a_pepper
08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
I specifically remember him laying the smackdown already to Bernanke's face once.

I hope he does stand a little more stern against the other candidates.

Lord Xar
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
I know what you are looking for..

hmmmmm....

Like if Giuliani attacks Ron Paul about something, Ron Paul could say back "Well Rudy, when you can maintain enough morality to stick with one woman, then you'll have a point..." etc...

or

"McCain, if you truly care about our citizens why on earth did you support an Amnesty bill that would have done nothing for American citizens but line the pockets of special interests... yeah, you are really for americans.."

or

"If this administration cared about Terrorism, then why the heck have our borders been left WIDE OPEN even with the stricktest immigration laws on the books?"

or

"Most of the presidential candidates on either said probably never have even read the constitution..."

or

"Hey Rudy, can you tell me what Amendment 7 of the constitution reads? I didnt think you'd know, and you want to run our country?"

stevedasbach
08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Maybe he can ask them how they expect to find the courage to be President when they turn tail and run away from mere straw polls. :)

ksuguy
08-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Maybe he could try to pick up one of the moderators in the bathroom before the debate. That is sure to get him talked about!

Seriously, he needs to be more forceful and refuse to let the other guys interrupt him.

michaelwise
08-31-2007, 10:54 PM
How about this.

How is it that the US ever plans on leaving Iraq, since we are building 14 US military bases there, and an embassy the size of Vatican City in Rome.

krott5333
08-31-2007, 11:14 PM
I liked what he said at Google when asked about gay marriage.. "I dont believe in gay rights.. I dont believe in black rights, I dont believe in white rights. I believe in individual rights, and the same individual rights for all."

something along those lines anyway

mrchubbs
08-31-2007, 11:30 PM
RP should say...

"Rudy... you and I have some common ground about foreign policy.

You, believing that they attack us because of our freedoms would take more freedoms away from us. I, knowing the reason they attack us is because of our interventionist foreign policy, would bring our troops safely home. At least we'd both do something to reduce their incentive for attack (sarcastic tone, pause).

Unfortunately, your actions would be misguided and unconstitutional. My actions would save American lives, give us more freedom, and stand proud along side the Constitution, the Supreme Law of our Land."

cjhowe
08-31-2007, 11:49 PM
RP should say...

You, believing that they attack us because of our freedoms would take more freedoms away from us. I, knowing the reason they attack us is because of our interventionist foreign policy, would bring our troops safely home. At least we'd both do something to reduce their incentive for attack (sarcastic tone, pause).

Unfortunately, your actions would be misguided and unconstitutional. My actions would save American lives, give us more freedom, and stand proud along side the Constitution, the Supreme Law of our Land."

I like.

LibertyEagle
08-31-2007, 11:56 PM
RP should say...

I like it too. He needs to get back in their face.

michaelwise
09-01-2007, 01:27 AM
He could say,

Many attack me for many of my personal views on questions that mainly pertain to personal choice. Let me just say that I assure the American people that I will not impose what are my personal choices onto all the population. Those powers not specifically granted to the federal government, are left to states rights. For example, the state of Oregon allows euthanasia, California allows medical marijuana, other states may allow other personal rights, which is how it should be.

goRPaul
09-01-2007, 02:20 AM
I, too, believe it would be good for Paul to single out another candidate, probably Romney or Giuliani. That would really give him an edge and the clip would get a lot of replay.

The Doctor hasn't been able to answer any healthcare questions, so its time he did. The ABC debate was nice to him, cause he was the first to answer the war question. But he needs a chance to answer a healtchare question.

Unfortunately, Fred Thompson is declaring his candidacy the next day, which should cut coverage of the debate in half.

devil21
09-01-2007, 02:30 AM
Call em out Ron! Calling out other candidates would do wonders for his candidacy. I know its generally not Ron's style but considering the buzz the Fox debate got from him just speaking the truth, imagine when he puts a couple other "top tiers" in his sights. I would love to see it.

unconsious767
09-01-2007, 03:35 AM
"I'm Ron Paul, and as a doctor who has delivered 4000 babies, I've seen more poontang than all of these nerds combined" :cool:

drsubrotoroy
09-01-2007, 04:22 AM
I like it too. He needs to get back in their face.

Dr Paul comes across publicly as a gentleman and a decent man (among a gang of thieves and swindlers). It just has not been his style to attack any individual, not even George W. Bush. He attacks the policies they represent. I do not know of an instance where he has made an argument ad hominem, against the person. That may be his great strength. If he has to change it for tactical reasons, he may need to a lot of practice in front a mirror. Somehow I think he would dismiss any such suggestion with a cheerful Naaaa. He transcends them all with his decency and if he is to descend to their level of high school rhetoric/debate, it needs to be a well-thought through political decision.

Trassin
09-01-2007, 04:53 AM
Ron Paul needs to work to gain support based on the strength of his arguments and convictions. Spitting venom at people and their ideas will not win him this.

For in politics, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making proselytes by fire and sword. Heresies in either can rarely be cured by persecution. - Federalist Paper No. 1, Publius

hard@work
09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
He should fight for air time and tell the truth, loudly. If anything should be mentioned for shock I think he should attack the news media for not allowing air time to anyone but the "corporation sponsored neocons" while himself and the other "so called second tier" are sidelined because "money votes in this system, not the American people". Let's get that meme'd and force their hand in covering his success.

michaelwise
09-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I think Ron should remind Americans that they all have something very powerful, precious, and valuable to contribute to their country. Something no other person has any more of than they do. It's your Vote. Why not use it to save your country.

michaelwise
09-02-2007, 02:56 PM
What kind of response would this statement get on a national TV debate?

The wealthy TV owners choose the candidates acceptable to them, that they will allow the American voter to vote for. They give their chosen candidates, whom they already have in their back pocket, plenty of face time and air time, while making sure to ignore candidates who do not serve their purpose.

Tuck
09-02-2007, 03:20 PM
He needs to up the attacks on democrats, attack hillary on health care, edwards on the poverty issue (monetary policy,excess entitlement spending), and then attack obama on foreign policy.

RockEnds
09-02-2007, 03:35 PM
He could look at Rudy and say, “Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.”

james1906
09-02-2007, 04:06 PM
He could say something like "Governor Romney, I would like to discuss with you in depth the problems with the war and our current foreign policy, since we are unable to do that in 15 second sound bites, we should arrange a time to debate it further. Mayor Giuliani declined my request to this, but since you appear to be a man of principle, I know you would like to take me up on this offer."