PDA

View Full Version : Do you really trust your government?

Raditude
08-21-2008, 05:21 AM
I was doing a little reading, and uncovered some declassified documents that were from the 1960's, in regards to creating a false-flag (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag) operation against Cuba, to generate domestic and global support for a war. That plan was called Operation Northwoods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods). It basically described staging real and/or fake terrorist attacks in the homeland, and blaming them on Cuba, to garner support from US citizens, and other countries in a military campaign to remove Castro from power. Due to unknown reasons, Operation Northwoods never took place. It is speculated that President Kennedy turned it down, but there is no official document with that information.

It got me thinkin, about other events in history, mainly the 9/11 attacks, along with the conspiracy theories linked to them. Could it be that our government false-flagged and planned and staged those attacks on our country, just to build support for wars in the middle east?

History shows that it has crossed the government's mind at least once in the past. If we look back even further, could it also have taken place at Pearl Harbor? Maybe other events where we've been attacked.

I'm going to post a poll asking the title question. Feel free to discuss the points and speculation I have made.

(votes are public)

Alex Libman
08-21-2008, 05:34 AM
I trust the government to be predictable - parasitic, inefficient, pragmatic, manipulative, and violent. In some ways it's better than unpredictable anarchy, in some ways it isn't. This is why politically I am a Minarchist, but as we've seen in the case of the United States the government has a tendency to grow itself over time, Constitution or no Constitution. That is why I follow the philosophy of Anarcho-Capitalism - something I personally believe in, but won't impose on anyone else.

Truth Warrior
08-21-2008, 05:36 AM
No, never. If they told me the sky was blue, I'd go out and check. ;) Been lied to, just too many times, by too many folks. :p It must be in the job description.

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." -- Bertrand Russell

noxagol
08-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Every war, except the War of Independence (revolutionary war), was fought under similarly dubious actions. Take for example, Golf of Tonkin, and outright lie. FDR did everything he could to get Japan to attack us. Lincoln manuevered at Fort Sumter to force South Carolina to fire on Fort Sumter first. Wilson did everything he could to get the Germans to attack us and to get the American people to hate Germany. Polk probably ordered his men to cross into the disputed zone to cause Mexico to fire on us. There is still speculation as to whether or not the USS Maine was sabotaged or not which was then perpetrated as being a Spanish mine that blew her up. I haven't studdied the cause of the War of 1812 but I'm sure I could find something similar there.

If a nation goes to war against an "aggressor" chances are the one claiming this is the real cause.

Truth Warrior
08-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Truth is the first casualty of war. ;)

Kludge
08-21-2008, 07:00 AM
I don't distrust the government because of corruption so much as I distrust their frequently demonstrated incompetency at anything and everything they do. Programs that start small are frequently expanded to ensure "fairness" with complete coverage, to the point that they're so bloated, the programs create more harm then good.

The government also fails to recognize its role, with our leaders believing they are social engineers with divine authority seeking to overall quality of life at the cost of freedom, which is simply unacceptable.

ELT
08-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Northwoods?

I'd suggest you check some other things online like "Loose Change", "Zeitgeist", and "In Plane Sight". Also, there's a 3 hour presentaion done by a dude name Icke; "Big Brother, The Big Picture", in which he explains things that will blow your mind!

These documentaries cover a lot of things to do with not trusting government and things including Northwoods, 9/11, and other plans much the same for starting events like Vietnam and other wars.

A lot of people say this stuff is a bunch of bull and the guys are all nutjobs. Maybe, who knows. But it's good to see the possibilities, and make yourself aware that this could really be going on.

Trust me, check them out. Just google or youtube them