PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck MIGHT go to the Rally for the Republic (YouTube)

Knightskye
08-21-2008, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kj119RjlWI

10% of you guys scare the "bejeezus" out of him. :D

bucfish
08-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Good video

muh_roads
08-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I'd love both of them there. Forget what people say in the past. We need to welcome everyone into our tent.

RonPaulFever
08-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I thought it was a great piece. Penn stuck up for us, and even though Glenn seemed to be only half-joking about the 10% nutcase faction, I have to say I agree with him.

The high point for me was when he called BHO a communist :D

Flirple
08-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Well. I can't really disagree with him. 10% of us either scare the bejeezus out of me or creep me out. That is why I stay active. Cant' let the 10% become a bigger percentage of our total numbers.

The funny part (as Penn astutely pointed out) is that every one of us probably are part of the 10% that other people think are nuts.

Penn is awsome.

krazy kaju
08-21-2008, 01:34 AM
More than 10% of Paul supporters creep me out. It's sad when people have to turn to bizarre conspiracy theories to support smaller government instead of using ethical, economic, and political arguments that actually have substantive proof behind them.

muh_roads
08-21-2008, 01:39 AM
I sorta buy into the conspiracy stuff myself. It just bothers me that those 10% can't figure when is the right time and the wrong time to talk about it.

9/11 freaks & Alex Jones peeps suck ass at trying to sell Liberty to others. Just way too boisterous. Constantly pushing onto others to make their issue into your issue instead of asking people what concerns them most. Live Free or Die bozos handing out EndGame FTL. And this is coming from someone who believes in a lot of the 9/11 truth & bilderberg stuff.

Get your man elected first, then when he wins, that is when you push for a new investigation. It's all about strategy...people suck at it.

krazy kaju
08-21-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm just appalled by people's low standard for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMZ-nkYr46w

Flirple
08-21-2008, 01:53 AM
More than 10% of Paul supporters creep me out. It's sad when people have to turn to bizarre conspiracy theories to support smaller government instead of using ethical, economic, and political arguments that actually have substantive proof behind them.

I know what you mean but the truth is that when you have a government that grows to such a bloated and corrupt level, it is predictable that you will see ridiculous conspiracy theories flourish. It doesn't excuse conspiracy theorists who rely on logical fallacies to make their arguments, however, it is predictable because it is one way humans attempt to make sense of an out of control bureaucracy.

In many ways, it's easier and more fun to believe in outlandish ridiculous conspiracies (911, chemtrails, etc.) than it is to understand more mundane conspiracies and laws of economics that provide incentives for things like the military industrial complex to grow unchecked.

muh_roads
08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm just appalled by people's low standard for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMZ-nkYr46w

I prefer this site myself.
http://www.ae911truth.org/

Building 7 still has me stumped. Among numerous other things. Baffling things that were never discussed in the commission report...etc...etc...a person can go on and on.

This is good too.
http://www.amazon.com/Debunking-11-Mechanics-Defenders-Conspiracy/dp/156656686X

People that do the debunking like popular mechanics seems to leave some weird bread crumb trails if you follow them. Government has always acted on the defensive and "not-guilty" since day one. Adjusted for inflation, our government spent 100x more on the JFK assassination investigation than the 9/11 report. The government is causing everyone to ask more and more questions themselves because of how they're acting.

Orgoonian
08-21-2008, 02:07 AM
I prefer this site myself.
http://www.ae911truth.org/

Building 7 still has me stumped. Among numerous other things. Baffling things that were never discussed in the commission report...etc...etc...a person can go on and on.

This is good too.
http://www.amazon.com/Debunking-11-Mechanics-Defenders-Conspiracy/dp/156656686X

People that do the debunking like popular mechanics seems to leave some weird bread crumb trails if you follow them. Government has always acted on the defensive and "not-guilty" since day one. Adjusted for inflation, our government spent 100x more on the JFK assassination investigation than the 9/11 report. The government is causing everyone to ask more and more questions themselves because of how they're acting.

Agreed.
I'm not a "truther,but a lot of things just don't add up.
As a side note,history is full of 9/11 type incidents,usually as a prelude to some form of war.

muh_roads
08-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Agreed.
I'm not a "truther,but a lot of things just don't add up.
As a side note,history is full of 9/11 type incidents,usually as a prelude to some form of war.

Indeed. This is essentially why truthers flocked to Paul IMO. They felt safe thinking that a Paul presidency wouldn't try and stage another false Lusitania or Gulf of Tonkin incident.

If you read Paul's old newsletters (not the bogus racist ones dreamed up by that neocon rag "the new republic"), you discover that Paul is a huge conspiracy guy himself, not trusting government at any turn.

Magsec
08-21-2008, 10:48 AM
I'd pay him $5 to get his ass off his show and head down to the rally....$6 for a speaking spot.

nate4ron
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Glenn Beck just needs to let go of his precious "War on Terror." That seems to be the only thing holding him back. Everything else, Glenn has opened his eyes to.

constitutional
08-21-2008, 10:53 AM
oh crap, here we go on.

Glenn Beck never said he might attend the rally. He will just send someone over.

Secondly, 10%? Why the fuck are we taking that statement seriously? Does he really fucking know better than us? He just made that up and he also said 80% of Obama supporters scare him.

WHY ARE WE HARD ON OURSELVES?

mediahasyou
08-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Digg this to get exposure for liberty and third parties. His testimonial needs to have a big voice in the conservative community.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Penn_Jillette_About_Presidential_Choices

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=151204

Ozwest
08-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Does anyone remember Glenn Beck vs. Ron Paul?

Why anyone is giving him the time of day, is beyond me...

Glenn Beck is a Tool!

Flash
08-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Does anyone remember Glenn Beck vs. Ron Paul?

Why anyone is giving him the time of day, is beyond me...

Glenn Beck is a Tool!

Glenn Beck had Ron Paul on a lot since the one hour interview. He is more Libertarian-minded now.

Ozwest
08-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Glenn Beck had Ron Paul on a lot since the one hour interview. He is more Libertarian-minded now.

Sorry...

I remember how he goaded and insulted Ron Paul prior to the "big interview."

Then after Dr. Paul agrees to the interview, he insinuates that Ron Paul supporters have threatened his families life.

He is a tool and a dingleberry (the ball of shit clinging to the hair on Glenn Becks anus).

mrchubbs
08-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry...

I remember how he goaded and insulted Ron Paul prior to the "big interview."

Then after Dr. Paul agrees to the interview, he insinuates that Ron Paul supporters have threatened his families life.

He didn't insinuate it... He showed Ron Paul himself the threatening email during a commercial break during the 1 hour interview and when they came back Ron Paul had obviously seen the email Beck spoke of, and was apologetic.

Ozwest
08-21-2008, 12:25 PM
He didn't insinuate it... He showed Ron Paul himself the threatening email during a commercial break during the 1 hour interview and when they came back Ron Paul had obviously seen the email Beck spoke of, and was apologetic.

Ron Paul was not apologetic. He was stunned.

And...

Ron Paul had not seen the E-Mail.

Glenn Beck is a Tool, and a attention seeking sissy.

Ozwest
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
He saw the threatening E-mail during the commercial break.

Shit... How fair is that?

dannno
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM

Wow, he showed Ron Paul the e-mail?

What does that prove?

Did Ron Paul see his supporter typing the email? Was it a precinct leader, a real supporter, or someone who was attempting to destroy the Ron Paul movement who sent the email? Any proof of this?

Would you expect that any response besides one of being apologetic would be an appropriate response?

Edit: I agree with Oz, it was more of a "stunned" response than an apologetic one.

Ozwest
08-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Wow, he showed Ron Paul the e-mail?

What does that prove?

Did Ron Paul see his supporter typing the email? Was it a precinct leader, a real supporter, or someone who was attempting to destroy the Ron Paul movement who sent the email?

Would you expect that any response besides one of being apologetic would be an appropriate response?

Qft.

xerigen
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I'd be glad to see him there. Even though he doesn't agree with everything, it's nice to have the big media types at least leaning towards our side. You guys welcome people to the forums that admit they used to be complete neo-cons, I think you need to do the same with Glenn.

Knightskye
08-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I'd be fine with him being there. Just don't put him in front of the podium. :D

Ozwest
08-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I'd be glad to see him there. Even though he doesn't agree with everything, it's nice to have the big media types at least leaning towards our side. You guys welcome people to the forums that admit they used to be complete neo-cons, I think you need to do the same with Glenn.

Star-struck by the media Tool.

speciallyblend
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
He saw the threatening E-mail during the commercial break.

Shit... How fair is that?

and who says it wasn't a tool mccain supporter?? who wrote the letter saying he was a ron paul supporter. BECK IS MEDIA SCUMBACK!!!!!

BarryDonegan
08-21-2008, 01:18 PM
glenn beck is turning. he will be one of us soon, and probably lose his job.

0zzy
08-21-2008, 01:23 PM
He may always be a neolibertarian, but he's better than Bill.

People who hate Glenn Beck need to stop hating, you have too much anger within yourselves and you need to spread the message to all, stop just wanting to preach to the choir it does no good.

Ozwest
08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
He may always be a neolibertarian, but he's better than Bill.

People who hate Glenn Beck need to stop hating, you have too much anger within yourselves and you need to spread the message to all, stop just wanting to preach to the choir it does no good.

Call it hate if you like, I refuse to be a bunny.

Malakai
08-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Can't really fault him for that. No one scares me but I easily think more than 10% of the people here go way to far into conspiracy-land.

However I'd prefer the ultra-informed and ultra-suspicious (of gov power) to the sheeple any day.

Arklatex
08-21-2008, 03:09 PM
However I'd prefer the ultra-informed and ultra-suspicious (of gov power) to the sheeple any day.

Amen. At least these people found the correct candidate so what does that say for them? Glen Beck called them terrorists... now which candidate does he support?

Knightskye
08-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Bump.

qh4dotcom
08-23-2008, 10:58 PM
oh crap, here we go on.

Glenn Beck never said he might attend the rally. He will just send someone over.

He said that and later he also said "I want to go and listen to those people"

Live_Free_Or_Die
08-24-2008, 01:24 AM
nt

canadian4ronpaul
08-24-2008, 12:39 PM
I think thats awesome that glenn beck is slowly coming around, more and more each day. Someone in the mainstream with some common sense!

H Roark
08-24-2008, 02:16 PM

+1

Good interview, it was actually entertaining to watch. It looks like both Penn and Beck are warming up to Paul as each day passes. I remember when Penn discounted RP on Larry King just off that stupid racist newsletter he didn't write.

The problem with Beck is his stance on foreign policy. It was just a couple of days ago that Beck has the president of Georgia on his program and was totally kissing his ass. I always get a kick out of so-called libertarians who want a free economy, but support our overseas committments. Two totally incompatible policies.