PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 2 in 3 voters want someone else

speech
08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
A Zogby International poll commissioned by WND shows a surprisingly low 71.7 percent closely identifying with either of the two front-running, major-party candidates for president and a stunning 62.4 percent expressing their desire to see more viable candidate and party choices in future elections.

Unlike any other scientific poll conducted in 2008, this survey asked randomly selected respondents about their level of enthusiasm for presidential candidates and offered the actual alternatives to the major party candidates that will appear on most ballots across the country – as well as the option of simply not voting.

Barack Obama came in first with just 38.1 percent of the vote to John McCain's 33.6 percent.

A whopping 21.3 percent said they were still undecided – a remarkably high figure for this late in the campaign that ends Nov. 4. But another 7.3 percent indicated they would not be voting at all.

"I think what we see here confirms my observation that there is widespread disenchantment with the two major-party nominees, something that has simply not been adequately measured before this poll," said WND Editor Joseph Farah, author of the new book, "None of the Above: Why 2008 Is the Year to Cast the Ultimate Protest Vote." "There is a leaderless, grass-roots movement out there to boycott both McCain and Obama in 2008 – to make a statement, to demand better candidates in the future from better parties. This could be a historic election for non-participation in a year with no high-profile third-party alternatives."
http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php?topic=739.msg2002;topicseen#new

Golding
08-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Put into context, I notice a lot of people say this sort of thing in a patronizing way to those who actually supported someone else during the primaries. For example, someone might tell you "Yeah, I agree that Ron Paul was the best of the lot, but he's not in the race anymore, unfortunately. But in keeping with his interests, I think it's best to try to keep *insert McCain or Obama* as far away from the office as possible."

I always tell such people that I don't believe in a "lesser of two evils" philosophy. We've been going that route for decades, and here we are as a result.