PDA

View Full Version : Secretary Rice: "U.S. will defend Poland as if it were a U.S. Territory"

Cowlesy
08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
*facepalm*

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92M5GM81&show_article=1

Why are we putting these stupid missiles in Poland?

Russia says its response to the further development of a U.S. missile shield in Poland will go beyond diplomacy.

Rice dismissed blustery comments from Russian leaders who say Warsaw's hosting of 10 U.S. interceptor missiles just 115 miles from Russia's westernmost frontier opens the country up to attack.

Such comments "border on the bizarre frankly," Rice said, speaking to reporters traveling with her in Warsaw.

"When you threaten Poland, you perhaps forget that it is not 1988," Rice said. "It's 2008 and the United States has a ... firm treaty guarantee to defend Poland's territory as if it was the territory of the United States. So it's probably not wise to throw these threats around."

The One
08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Trying to take over the world???

RickyJ
08-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Rice is right, we will defend Poland just like we defended Georgia. Tough talk but the USA current leadership doesn't have the balls to take on Russia.

No1ButPaul08
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Is this the start of World War III?

Antonius Stone
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
time to move to argentina or chile

learning spanish sure came in handy :)

Monolithic
08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
just saber rattling on both sides

The One
08-20-2008, 01:31 PM

"Such comments border on the bizarre frankly." That's some pretty insulting and condescending rhetoric. I don't think this is headed to a pretty place.

LibertyEagle
08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Secretary Rice: "U.S. will defend Poland as if it were a U.S. Territory"
Well, she is free to ship her butt over there then and stand on the frontline if she so chooses. She also has the freedom to clean out her own bank account and give to Poland, Georgia, or whoever the hell she wants to.

This BS reminds me of John "We are all Georgians today" McCain. The hell we are, Johnny boy. We are AMERICANS.

brandon
08-20-2008, 01:35 PM
"Such comments border on the bizarre frankly." That's some pretty insulting and condescending rhetoric. I don't think this is headed to a pretty place.

Reminds me of Rudy's response to Paul during the May debate, "I don't think I've ever heard that before, and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th"

The 'make your enemy appear insane' tactic seems to be working pretty well for the neocons.

SovereignMN
08-20-2008, 02:31 PM
US is putting a missle defense system in Poland "to defend against Iran". Oh sure...;) ;). Those Iranians really hate the Poles. Russia of course is taking this as an act of agression since it gives the United States...oh excuse me, NATO ;) ;)first strike capability against Moscow. This would be like Russia putting up a missle defense system in Cuba and saying "It's to protect Cuba from Chile".

Indy Vidual
08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Might be WW3? :(

Cowlesy
08-20-2008, 03:13 PM

I tend to agree and hope you are correct.

James Madison
08-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Rice is right, we will defend Poland just like we defended Georgia. Tough talk but the USA current leadership doesn't have the balls to take on Russia.

Oh yes they do. The establishment wanted war with the USSR way back in the 60s when Russia was a helluva lot stronger than it is today. As I've been saying now since this thing started, the plan is to spark a world war which will kill billions.

Dieseler
08-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm trying to figure out what part of Mutually Assured Destruction our current administration does not understand. The Russians have a legitimate gripe about this. The deal is, we all die. Not just we die, or you die. Everybody dies. Thats the deal and its supposed to be mutual. The missile defense idea is not going to fly. Some folks in Washington are putting a new definition on insanity.

Oh yes they do. The establishment wanted war with the USSR way back in the 60s when Russia was a helluva lot stronger than it is today. As I've been saying now since this thing started, the plan is to spark a world war which will kill billions.

Damn I hope you are wrong James.

James Madison
08-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm trying to figure out what part of Mutually Assured Destruction our current administration does not understand. The Russians have a legitimate gripe about this. The deal is, we all die. Not just we die, or you die. Everybody dies. Thats the deal and its supposed to be mutual. The missile defense idea is not going to fly. Some folks in Washington are putting a new definition on insanity.

Damn I hope you are wrong James.

I do too. But read the UN Assessment on Global Biodiversity, google "Georgia Guidestones", read David Rockefeller's memoires...the globalists are hell bent on wipping out CONSERVATIVELY 80% of the world's population. I'm sure they're be an "accidental" release of some deadly virus, too.

Golding
08-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Rice is right, we will defend Poland just like we defended Georgia. Tough talk but the USA current leadership doesn't have the balls to take on Russia.Careful saying that, in case you one day are proven wrong. If anything, this seems to be setting up a future conflict with Russia, by which time the US population will have willingly ignored any antagonism by this act.

I'd prefer a president, for once, that thinks with some other organ besides his balls.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
08-20-2008, 03:43 PM
like 10 interceptor batteries is even a spit in the ocean to stop Russia's arsenal.
While I'm not in favor of defending Poland, Russia is over-reacting.

Dieseler
08-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I do too. But read the UN Assessment on Global Biodiversity, google "Georgia Guidestones", read David Rockefeller's memoires...the globalists are hell bent on wipping out CONSERVATIVELY 80% of the world's population. I'm sure they're be an "accidental" release of some deadly virus, too.

Yeah, I been eying them Georgia Guide Stones with bad intent myself. No doubt the creeps in charge wish for the majority of us to come up missing somehow and war and disease has always worked well for them in the past. I don't think thermo nuclear incineration of the planet is what they have in mind though. They want a nice beautiful green world left to inherit for themselves.

Dieseler
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
like 10 interceptor batteries is even a spit in the ocean to stop Russia's arsenal.
While I'm not in favor of defending Poland, Russia is over-reacting.

I don't think they are.If they allow that defense system to be placed it sets a bad precedent. Mutual is the keyword here and that system will negate a good deal of that mutual assured destruction. MAD keeps us all honest in our intent.
If Russia placed missile defense systems in Mexico to defend against the evil Canadians would we be over reacting?
Its like saying to Russia the other week that the days of invading other sovereign nations are over IN EUROPE lmao. Its a double standard and it won't work. Georgia is none of our damn business and its on their doorstep. The Georgians started that shit. If the Pollocks want missiles they should buy them from someone in Europe. We have no business doing this. I think that Charlie Wilson's War movie has the Russians a bit pissed right now. Probably not the best time to threaten them and offer bullshit excuses as to why we are threatening them and placing missiles 100 miles from their borders is threatening them. We should be more focused on the Mexican drug dealers trying to kill our border agents.

Sandra
08-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Something tells me we will see anti US riots in the streets of Poland any day. Government policy against it's people...again.

ChooseLiberty
08-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Hopefully Rice will be put into the first cannon fodder wave.