PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman to speak at GOP convention!!!! DO NOT STAND FOR THIS

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:13 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080820/ap_on_el_pr/lieberman_gop_convention

So what course of action do we take? Use this to our advantage, turn the tide.

RickyJ
08-20-2008, 09:15 AM

So what course of action do we take?

Go to the Rally for the Republic. :D

Jeremy
08-20-2008, 09:15 AM
our delegates need to lead the booooooooooooing when he gets up :D

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:16 AM
our delegates need to lead the booooooooooooing when he gets up :D

really they need to. I bet they already have a clap track ready to go though.

liberteebell
08-20-2008, 09:16 AM
This is an outrage!! Especially in light of how the party has treated Ron Paul--ONE OF THEIR OWN!

I guess we should write/call the RNC?? Any better ideas??

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:17 AM
This is an outrage!! Especially in light of how the party has treated Ron Paul--ONE OF THEIR OWN!

I guess we should write/call the RNC?? Any better ideas??

go to your LOCAL GOP and voice your outrage. We have time to make this a HUGE deal and have McCain lose delegates over it. It is CLEAR the GOP did not pick a Republican.

nakor667
08-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Well of course he's going to be there.

He's going to be McCain's Vice-President!

(no, I'm not joking)

Johnnybags
08-20-2008, 09:19 AM

So what course of action do we take?

How he thinks he can win is anyones guess but if he wants the Israel first moolah he will take one of em. I'd love him to pick Liebs, would make for an interesting Convention. Joe"Bombs away" Lieberman and John "bomb Iran" McCain.

acptulsa
08-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Celebrate. Every time McCain drives them into our arms, celebrate.

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:20 AM

(no, I'm not joking)

No shit! Everyone, go to your LOCAL GOP and voice your outrage, esp if you are a registered Republican. Great timing for me, Ill be speaking to a bunch of R's tonight.

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:21 AM

agreed, but take action we need to make the best of this.

nakor667
08-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Should our delegates stage a walk-out when he speaks? The base might get the message when a third of the people at the convention walk out.

Jeremy
08-20-2008, 09:24 AM
im going to go post on pro-Huckabee forums... I'll get them on our side =D

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Should our delegates stage a walk-out when he speaks? The base might get the message when a third of the people at the convention walk out.

no way, stay and fight, never leave, never back down.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-20-2008, 09:30 AM

Certified to be Lieberman-free!

acptulsa
08-20-2008, 09:30 AM
no way, stay and fight, never leave, never back down.

Not a walk out during votes. Just a little boycott of Lieberboy's speech. That's different, and I like it.

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Not a walk out during votes. Just a little boycott of Lieberboy's speech. That's different, and I like it.

Ya as long as they dont walk out on the vote, maybe I misunderstood what he was saying :D

nakor667
08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Quote:

Thats what I meant. Many of 'our' people are stealth delegates, and while they may be 'bound' to vote for McCain (and we'll see about that) they can certainly vote with their feet!

Hmm... Walking out on Leib's and walking into the Rally with open arms...

How far is the Rally from the Convention? Is it... marchable?

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Quote:

Thats what I meant. Many of 'our' people are stealth delegates, and while they may be 'bound' to vote for McCain (and we'll see about that) they can certainly vote with their feet!

Hmm... Walking out on Leib's and walking into the Rally with open arms...

we have to stay to vote.

acptulsa
08-20-2008, 09:42 AM

I hear differing totals, but about fourteen miles--with a lot of crosswalks to stop for. By the time the convention is over, the rally will only be going on for a little while longer, I think. I expect everyone who will try to do both will be in a bigger hurry than that. Remember, Lieberboy's speech might not be Tuesday, and it might not be at the end of the day.

orafi
08-20-2008, 09:50 AM
You guys don't realize that at the convention, after Lieberman speaks, Romney will swing in from a chandelier and offer himself as the rightful king and savior of the GOP.

LittleLightShining
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I will express my disgust at tomorrow night's meeting.

SnappleLlama
08-20-2008, 10:16 AM
you guys don't realize that at the convention, after lieberman speaks, romney will swing in from a chandelier and offer himself as the rightful king and savior of the gop.

rofl!!

ShowMeLiberty
08-20-2008, 10:57 AM

(no, I'm not joking)

^ This.

^^ And especially this.

No shit! Everyone, go to your LOCAL GOP and voice your outrage, esp if you are a registered Republican. Great timing for me, Ill be speaking to a bunch of R's tonight.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Maybe not leave, but very obviously stand and turn their backs? That would speak volumes.

MRoCkEd
08-20-2008, 10:59 AM
If all of our delegates started booing loudly, and others joined in, that would be beautiful.

TruthisTreason
08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
This is bullshit!:rolleyes:

amy31416
08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Without having read the thread, my impression is: GOOD, I hope McCain make more dumb-ass moves that further alienate the conservative base. It's an opportunity to promote Barr as a viable 3rd party candidate and open their minds to some of the libertarian ideals.

MRoCkEd
08-20-2008, 11:11 AM
I hope mccain chooses lieberman.. unless he will win

speciallyblend
08-20-2008, 11:16 AM
can someone hand me some soap, i need another dam bath. it keeps getting dirtier to be a republican:(

raystone
08-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Boo just Lieberman ? Really, is there anyone speaking at the GOP Convention you wouldn't want to boo ? Aren't they all big invasive government spenders of your money ?

speciallyblend
08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
calling the gop is like calling hitler for peace, give me a break. doing anything that involves the gop is a total waste of time, we can only hope mccain loses!!!!

ItsTime
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
calling the gop is like calling hitler for peace, give me a break. doing anything that involves the gop is a total waste of time, we can only hope mccain loses!!!!

sorry thats a pretty clueless assumption and not what Ron Paul is advocating.

The One
08-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Neocons love Lieberman. The Republican base will be thrilled. There will be no outrage from anyone other than us.

acptulsa
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
sorry thats a pretty clueless assumption and not what Ron Paul is advocating.

Maybe overstated, but not clueless. He has been there and done that, and it didn't work. After all, who answers the phones and the emails? Someone who can change things?

Bryan
08-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Has the party lost its way? Who are the real conservatives?

Lieberman? Really? I rest my case your honour.

Lucille
08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
The religious right love Joe because he's one of "God's chosen people" and is as much a warmonger as the rest in the Party of War. Israel comes first, dontcha know.

Dig the whole lineup:

RNC Announces Speaker Lineup (http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/08/rnc_announces_speaker_lineup.html)

Monday, Sept. 1
Service
"Love of country, my friends, is another way of saying love of your fellow countryman." --Sen. John McCain

John McCain's commitment to his fellow Americans, a commitment forged in service to his country, is one of the defining hallmarks of his life. Monday's events will highlight John McCain's record of service and sacrifice and reflect his commitment to serving a cause greater than one's own self-interest.

Speakers will include:
-U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (Conn.)
-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (Calif.)
-Vice President Richard B. Cheney
-First Lady Laura Bush
-President George W. Bush

Tuesday, Sept. 2
Reform
"If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you are disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and correct them."
--Sen. John McCain

John McCain's life is a testament to the fundamental truth that every American can be a force for change. A restless reformer who has dedicated his career to taking on special interests and the status quo, John McCain will deliver the right kind of change and reform to meet the great challenges of our time. On Tuesday, the convention program will underscore his vision of a government that is transparent, principled and worthy of the American people it serves.
Speakers will include:

-Former New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani
-Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (Ark.)
-Former Gov. Tom Ridge (Pa.)
-Gov. Sarah Palin (Alaska)
-Gov. Jon Huntsman (Utah)
-Rosario Marin, California Secretary of the State and Consumer Services Agency and former Treasurer of the United States
-Former U.S. Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.)
-Gov. Linda Lingle (Hawaii)
-Former Lt. Gov. Michael Steele (Md.)

Wednesday, Sept. 3
Prosperity
"America's best days are still to come."
--Sen. John McCain

The American story is one of perseverance. Even in the face of tough times, the ingenuity and spirit of the American people has ushered in a new era of prosperity. Wednesday's program will focus on John McCain's plans to get our economy back on track and continue our long tradition of meeting the challenges we face and using our prosperity to help others. The day will conclude with an address by the vice presidential nominee.

Speakers will include:
-U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman (Minn.)
-Meg Whitman, National Co-Chair for McCain 2008 and former President and CEO of eBay
-Carly Fiorina, Victory '08 Chairman for the Republican National Committee and former Chairman and CEO of Hewlett-Packard Co.
-Former Gov. Mitt Romney (Mass.)
-Mrs. Cindy McCain
-Gov. Bobby Jindal (La.)
-Republican Party's Vice Presidential Nominee

Thursday, Sept. 4
Peace
"Our next president will have a mandate to build an enduring global peace on the foundations of freedom, security, opportunity, prosperity, and hope."
--Sen. John McCain

John McCain understands the challenges that America faces in the world and the sacrifice necessary to defend our freedom in a way that few others can fathom. Thursday's events will reflect his vision of an America in pursuit of peace and seen as a beacon of goodwill and hope throughout the world. The evening will close with John McCain accepting the Republican Party's nomination for the Presidency of the United States.

Speakers will include:
-Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minn.)
-Gov. Charlie Crist (Fla.)
-U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback (Kan.)
-U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.)
-John McCain

In the coming days, the 2008 Republican National Convention will announce additional speakers and program details.

I think it's safe to say the last list of speakers containes his VP pick.

Cowlesy
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
They really should just rename us the "War Party", and not mince words.

acptulsa
08-20-2008, 12:37 PM
The religious right does not love Lieberboy.

So, the MSM spent all its time questioning Dr. Paul about whether he's a Republican or a Libertarian and they're going to let an Independent who only ceased to be a Democrat because he lost a primary speak at their convention--and maybe more.

Sends a clear enough message to the conservative base. One I could replicate with a single finger.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-20-2008, 12:37 PM

What about the rally for the end of statism? hm

RickyJ
08-20-2008, 12:40 PM
What about the rally for the end of statism? hm

Where is that at? I am going to the rally for the republic. I can't go to all the rallies. ;)

RickyJ
08-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Has the party lost its way? Who are the real conservatives?

Lieberman? Really? I rest my case your honour.

He won't choose Lieberman. Mitt Romney is the likely choice.

Andrew Ryan
08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
God I hate Lieberman. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if McCain picked him for his VP. He's always whispering in McCain's ear.

acptulsa
08-20-2008, 12:52 PM
He won't choose Lieberman. Mitt Romney is the likely choice.

He'd rather have Lieberboy, and he's arrogant enough to do what he wants and damn all. Whether he's that stupid or not remains to be seen. But rest assured, if McCain didn't like him quite a lot, he wouldn't be speaking.

Lieberman speaking at the G.O.P. convention and Ron Paul shut out. What more needs to be said about the state of the party?

ShowMeLiberty
08-20-2008, 01:09 PM
He'd rather have Lieberboy, and he's arrogant enough to do what he wants and damn all. Whether he's that stupid or not remains to be seen. But rest assured, if McCain didn't like him quite a lot, he wouldn't be speaking.

It won't surprise me even one tiny little bit if McLame chooses Lieberboy as his running mate. He'd do it just to prove he's still a "maverick". He might also think it will get him more votes from Independents and fence-sitting Dems. Who cares about the conservatives, eh?

Lieberman speaking at the G.O.P. convention and Ron Paul shut out. What more needs to be said about the state of the party?

**crickets**

acptulsa
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
It won't surprise me even one tiny little bit if McLame chooses Lieberboy as his running mate. He'd do it just to prove he's still a "maverick". He might also think it will get him more votes from Independents and fence-sitting Dems. Who cares about the conservatives, eh?

Oh, they take conservatives for granted and have for years. Look at Dubya's pandering to them and to the Religious Right. What has he done for either? Yet, almost all of the one group and most of the other voted for him in lockstep in '04.

I can't imagine a better way to accentuate your power as a voting bloc than to vote dependably and in lockstep. I also can't imagine a better way to ensure that you never get better than lip service from "your" candidates.