PDA

View Full Version : Going to the RFR last minute - need ticket/place to stay

afmatt
08-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow.
Just realized that the area I have just moved to (Fort Dodge Iowa) Is close enough to the RFR for it to be feasible for me to drive up and participate. If I can get the time off of work I'm going to be there - anyone have a room\tent space\empty garage for my air mattress that they would be willing to hook me up with? I'm also looking to purchase a ticket - have yet to check ticketmaster but I have a feeling I'm going to have slim pickings.

ARealConservative
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
welcome to Iowa.

afmatt
08-19-2008, 08:28 PM
welcome to Iowa.

Thanks - after 5 years in Tucson the Green-ness and a much more laid back atmosphere are very nice :D

Nirvikalpa
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
How many tickets do you need?

afmatt
08-19-2008, 08:36 PM
How many tickets do you need?

Just need one - Saw your thread, nice tickets. If I get cleared for the time off (got to ask about that tomorrow at work) I'd love to buy one from you - and if you don't sell the other one in time I'd pay you for that one as well.

Jean
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Cabin Lodging Information
Join us at Camp Ihduhapi - otherwise known as Camp Independence! Located right on Lake Independence, the Camp Ihduhapi Revolution Campgrounds can house up to 225 guests in comfortable winterized group cabins. All cabin lodging is only a short walk down various trails to the Dining Hall.

Cabins will be available after 7pm on Saturday, and campers will depart on Wednesday morning at 6am. Please contact Susan Wolfe if you will be arriving any later then 10pm any night, so that appropriate arrangements can be made.

Meals are included in lodging rate. Sunday and Monday include breakfast, lunch and dinner. On Tuesday, brunch will be served before heading to the rally, however dinner for that day is on your own in Minneapolis.

To sign up go to: http://campihduhapicabincamping.eventbrite.com/

Kotin
08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
good luck

afmatt
08-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Figured I'd update this thread to let everyone know I got everything worked out. I have a place to stay (thanks marianne!) and will actually be singing the National Anthem at the rally on the 2nd. Just thinking about it has me excited - 10,000 patriots singing the anthem should lift the roof off that place :D

KenInMontiMN
08-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Glad we could work out an upgrade for you Matt, don't miss the opening of the rally people!

Bruno
08-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks - after 5 years in Tucson the Green-ness and a much more laid back atmosphere are very nice :D

Another welcome to Iowa. Glad you are enjoying it. Keep up a good spirit through winter and you'll be fine. :D

I was just in Ft. Dodge the other day. The river area has a nice view. Should have brought my fishing pole.

Enjoy the Rally!

afmatt
08-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Glad we could work out an upgrade for you Matt, don't miss the opening of the rally people!

Thanks for setting me up with this chance Ken - I'll buy you a beer (root variety if you prefer ;)) while I'm up there.