PDA

View Full Version : Notice: It's NOT about you!

malkusm
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Like many here, I am not a country music fan, and was disappointed by the announcement of Sara Evans as the big performer for the Rally in a couple weeks. Sure, I would have preferred someone closer to my musical tastes and preferences.

Guess what? It's not about me.

This event is about spreading our ideas to as many people as we can. It's NOT about congratulating ourselves for the work we've done so far by throwing ourselves an exclusive party. We still have a lot to do, and a lot of people to wake up, to take back the Republican party. Every pair of eyes and ears we can get in front of the message is a positive, no matter their background or current beliefs.

If you don't think CFL's goal of taking back the GOP is the way to go, don't support them, don't buy their tickets, don't bother. Ron Paul stated that this was his goal from the beginning - sorry that you're late getting the message.

This event is bigger than you and me, and the goal isn't for you to be entertained. If that's what you bought the ticket for, you should reconsider your priorities.

constitutional
08-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I agree and I don't care as long as the tickets get sold in matter of hours after it hits the press. :)

acptulsa
08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Ah, but it is about us...

This event is about spreading our ideas to as many people as we can.

...and anything they can do to help us do this works for me!

speciallyblend
08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm with you. it will all be ok,if people are that hard up on music genre, then i would say they love britney spears more then ron paul's message;)

ARealConservative
08-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm trying hard to squash the bigotry deep within.

I hate country music. I mean I hate it....hard.

I have a prejudice against country music fans too. I think of people like Fred Thompson when I think of country music fans. I know this is wrong, but country isn't that big up north. I'm worried a bunch of "redneck, 9/11 changed everything, type of people" are going to come out to listen to some cheap music subsidized by me.

what was the name of that female country band that spoke bad of George Bush?

so again, I'm a bigot - but I atleast recognize that my feelings are based on bigotry and I'm trying to change my ways.

RickyJ
08-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I agree and I don't care as long as the tickets get sold in matter of hours after it hits the press. :)

It has hit the press, yet ticket sales are still creeping along at the same pace.

MsDoodahs
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Like many here, I am not a country music fan, and was disappointed by the announcement of Sara Evans as the big performer for the Rally in a couple weeks. Sure, I would have preferred someone closer to my musical tastes and preferences.

Guess what? It's not about me.

This event is about spreading our ideas to as many people as we can. It's NOT about congratulating ourselves for the work we've done so far by throwing ourselves an exclusive party. We still have a lot to do, and a lot of people to wake up, to take back the Republican party. Every pair of eyes and ears we can get in front of the message is a positive, no matter their background or current beliefs.

If you don't think CFL's goal of taking back the GOP is the way to go, don't support them, don't buy their tickets, don't bother. Ron Paul stated that this was his goal from the beginning - sorry that you're late getting the message.

This event is bigger than you and me, and the goal isn't for you to be entertained. If that's what you bought the ticket for, you should reconsider your priorities.

:D

acptulsa
08-19-2008, 11:44 AM
It has hit the press, yet ticket sales are still creeping along at the same pace.

Not that much. Concert tracker websites seem to be oblivious--so far.

malkusm
08-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I have a prejudice against country music fans too. I think of people like Fred Thompson when I think of country music fans. I know this is wrong, but country isn't that big up north. I'm worried a bunch of "redneck, 9/11 changed everything, type of people" are going to come out to listen to some cheap music subsidized by me.

There are former "redneck, 9/11 changed everything, type of people" right here on these boards. It's no accident that more than half of the people in this movement are college age - the internet was the medium for Paul's campaign. The message works, no matter what background people are coming from....so if this helps us tap into a previously untapped audience, I say it's nothing but a good thing.

ShowMeLiberty
08-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Not that much. Concert tracker websites seem to be oblivious--so far.

Exactly. Give it time. But here's an example of what might happen when the news gets out to Evans' fans...

http://www.nj.com/gloucester/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1219034417111620.xml&coll=8

The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce intends to take a step back when it hosts its fourth annual Chili Cookoff in 2009.

Next year's event is set for June 13 at the county's Dream Horse Park in Logan Township.

The first two festivals were held at the 4-H fairgrounds in Harrison Township and the 2008 fest was staged at Gloucester County College in Deptford Township with country music star Sara Evans as a headliner.

Evans helped to attract some 35,000 to the college more than double the first year's attendance.

"We are very proud we brought in Sara Evans," said chamber President Rhone Carr. Her concert is believed to have attracted the largest audience ever for a performance in Gloucester County.

Truth Warrior
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
So if you take the GOP back, what are you going to do with it? Just turn it into ANOTHER LP?

That'll work. :rolleyes:

rajibo
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Exactly. Give it time. But here's an example of what might happen when the news gets out to Evans' fans...

http://www.nj.com/gloucester/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1219034417111620.xml&coll=8

The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce intends to take a step back when it hosts its fourth annual Chili Cookoff in 2009.

Next year's event is set for June 13 at the county's Dream Horse Park in Logan Township.

The first two festivals were held at the 4-H fairgrounds in Harrison Township and the 2008 fest was staged at Gloucester County College in Deptford Township with country music star Sara Evans as a headliner.

Evans helped to attract some 35,000 to the college more than double the first year's attendance.

"We are very proud we brought in Sara Evans," said chamber President Rhone Carr. Her concert is believed to have attracted the largest audience ever for a performance in Gloucester County.

I never knew Gloucester County holds a chili cookoff. Sweet.:)

KenInMontiMN
08-19-2008, 12:09 PM
It hasn't hit the local press at all just yet in any major way; the two twin cities papers have no mention yet on their websites, and when that happens most still won't see it until the print editions hit the streets tomorrow morning.

malkusm
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
So if you take the GOP back, what are you going to do with it? Just turn it into ANOTHER LP?

That'll work. :rolleyes:

How many times has the agenda of the GOP changed, how many times has the leadership changed?

There are two parties in this country, and it has to happen within one of them.

The same person can run for office under the LP and the GOP, and they will be vastly more successful in one of them. It's not right, but that's the way it is. Taking over the GOP doesn't make it fringe - doing anything else does.

TruthisTreason
08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
It's not about me and it's not about country music.

If the tickets sell out and it covers the $ she is charging, then it's cool.

Who is deciding on the artists? Seems to me like they are biased against METAL!
:eek::eek:

Truth Warrior
08-19-2008, 12:29 PM
How many times has the agenda of the GOP changed, how many times has the leadership changed?

There are two parties in this country, and it has to happen within one of them.

The same person can run for office under the LP and the GOP, and they will be vastly more successful in one of them. It's not right, but that's the way it is. Taking over the GOP doesn't make it fringe - doing anything else does.
You missed the point, by only about 180 degrees.

You wouldn't be making the GOP, fringe.

You'd just be making the fringe, GOP.

;)

Brian Defferding
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I hate country music but am very pleased to hear Sara Evans will be performing. She's got popularity, it'll help reel some more media attention in, I love it.

And I agree with the thread creator here. Stop complaining and bask in the fun with other like minded people.

Knightskye
08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
what was the name of that female country band that spoke bad of George Bush?

The Dixie Chicks.

I like country music, and I wish I could be there.

luaPnoR
08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I wish the Dixie Chicks were playing!

nate895
08-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I wish the Dixie Chicks were playing!

I dislike their music for other reasons.

As far as Country music fans being "rednecks," that may be true for many of us, but being a redneck doesn't automatically make you a moron, a Bush supporter, a racist, or anything else. I personally like the traditional style of Country music, most of the new stuff is too poppy, or it's the "Remember 9/11" BS.

acptulsa
08-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I dislike their music for other reasons.

As far as Country music fans being "rednecks," that may be true for many of us, but being a redneck doesn't automatically make you a moron, a Bush supporter, a racist, or anything else. I personally like the traditional style of Country music, most of the new stuff is too poppy, or it's the "Remember 9/11" BS.

From what I've heard the last ten years, I've figured out what the difference between "modern country" and "southern rock" is.

Namely, about ten years. Once southern rock hits ten years old, it officially becomes country. Even if there's neither a fiddle nor a pedal steel guitar.

Don
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM

As it says on the widget, ticket sales are updated daily. The current number reflects tickets sold through yesterday, before the announcement.

Don
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM
It's not about me and it's not about country music.

If the tickets sell out and it covers the $ she is charging, then it's cool.

Who is deciding on the artists? Seems to me like they are biased against METAL!
:eek::eek:

Actually Iron Maiden is my favorite band (maybe Jane's Addiction) and I proposed Sara Evans. It's not about me, either.

TruthisTreason
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Actually Iron Maiden is my favorite band

Now, that would be a band to get excited about! :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519VvV5kFRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

rajibo
08-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Actually Iron Maiden is my favorite band (maybe Jane's Addiction) and I proposed Sara Evans. It's not about me, either.

Recruit Eddie!!!:D

MsDoodahs
08-19-2008, 03:21 PM

A very very savvy move, Don!

yongrel
08-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Sara Evans is a smart choice, considering her appeal to the more conventional Red-meat conservatives, as well as women (two areas where our movement needs to gain ground).

It's a better decision than I would have made, so I'm not gonna chuck stones.

westmich4paul
08-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Don you are the Man! Especially now I know we have the same favorite band! Up the Irons! and may Eddie always have ya back!

westmich4paul
08-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I am sitting here just thinking..........................:rolleyes: hmmmmm could you imagine Ron rocking out to the Trooper?

That my friends would be solid gold!