PDA

View Full Version : Send ron paul delegates to the rnc!

rancher89
08-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Ron Paul Delegates Need Your Help!

Want to see Ron Paul win the Republican nomination?

Now you can! Thanks to Republican Party rules and the activism of Ron Paul supporters nationwide, we expect to have hundreds of delegates who have been elected to attend the convention in September -- and who support Ron Paul!

But it costs around $3,000 for each delegate to attend the convention, including fees, travel, hotel, food, and associated expenses... and that can be a deal-breaker for the "average Joe" who wants to participate, but just can't afford it.

For example, Texas delegates will be staying in a hotel that is $250/night and are required to pay for a minimum of 5 nights. They also are required to purchase uniforms that will be worn each day of the convention.

That's where YOU come in! We've set up this website with links to needy delegates' "Chip-In" donation pages, so that every single Ron Paul delegate that has gotten elected and wants to go to the RNC CAN go! Ron Paul could get HUGE support from the floor of the convention... BUT...

WE NEED YOUR HELP! To make sure everyone is covered who needs funds, we've set up this "Chip In For Delegates" web page. We don't want to let them down! Please make your best donation today, to as many delegates as possible -- and let other like-minded folks know about this web page too!

http://www.chipinfordelegates.com/

rancher89
08-22-2008, 07:47 PM
http://republican.meetup.com/637/

1. Please join the meetup group.
2. Please set up a chip in by going to www.chipin.com (you will need a paypal account, if you don't have one, please indicate so in step 3)
3. Send a message titled, "Pat and Bill, regarding fundraising" to Republican-637@meetup.com and indicate what your level of need it and what your chip in web address is - and you should be added to the site!

Thanks!

We intend for every delegate elected or appointed, to be able to attend the National convention...

Matt Collins
08-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Why doesn't CFL or the RP Campaign foot these expenses?

Bradley in DC
08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Why doesn't CFL or the RP Campaign foot these expenses?

Because there aren't "hundreds" of RP national convention delegates?

Matt Collins
08-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Because there aren't "hundreds" of RP national convention delegates?OK. Maybe I'm confused. There are only 35 (according to BSNBC). Would it be impossible for the CFL / RP Campaign to spend money on those guys to get them up to the RNC event?

rancher89
08-23-2008, 06:36 AM
The CFL cannot, as a PAC, have anything to do with funding delgates/alternates. I'm not one for citing rules and such, I leave that part to others to do. But, the fact remains that the CFL cannot help us. We are hoping that someone will promote the website with the chip ins so we can get maximum coverage this last week before the convention. (HINT HINT guys-------:D)

Communications are better now with the CFL than they were last week, but we have been on our own to find our delegates across the nation. There are still states that we don't have any delegates/alternates from and we are unlikely to have any from them.

There are stealth delegates, those who are friendly to our message but are unable or afraid to speak up -- they may lose their hard won position in the GOP. That is understandable, we're hoping the DVD's for delegates project and all of the other grassroots projects that are going on like "paint St Paul Ron Paul" project will help push these delegates into standing up for what is right, no matter what.

How many of those we have remains to be seen.......we are hopeful and have not given up.

Bradley in DC
08-23-2008, 06:42 AM
The CFL cannot, as a PAC, have anything to do with funding delgates/alternates.

Couldn't the official Paul campaign fund costs associated with getting delegates there?

I don't think your blanket statement on PACs is right: at the convention, there are lots of businesses, trade associations, etc., that fund lots of good times for the delegates at the conventions (open bar, food spreads, etc.).

rancher89
08-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Couldn't the official Paul campaign fund costs associated with getting delegates there?

I don't think your blanket statement on PACs is right: at the convention, there are lots of businesses, trade associations, etc., that fund lots of good times for the delegates at the conventions (open bar, food spreads, etc.).

That is the way it's been explained to me, a non-political animal for some time, and I can dig it up if you want me to--they cannot help pay for us to get there.

You know, a lot of us were told, while we were trying to get elected as delegates, "don't worry about the cost, we will get you there," it turns out that the ones who will get us there are the grassroots. I even convinced people to press on using the same line, believing that the campaign would still be active when we got to that point, but it isn't, it's suspended and the funds aren't available to us. It's ok, most of us will be able to get there without any help, but we will be putting the expenses on credit cards and increasing our debt. Some of the delegates don't have that option though, which is why we are doing this.

The "good times" stuff is different, they are not funding your way to the convention, just wine and dine so to speak--lobbying for our approval.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2008, 07:44 AM

The official campaign was shut down some time ago.

rancher89
08-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Bump for importance

Matt Collins
08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
The official campaign was shut down some time ago.Well that sounds like poor planning if they knew they had people who needed funding to get to the RNC events.

torchbearer
08-23-2008, 05:15 PM
ronvoy is cheap.
The new orleans route has been merged into the austin route, and i'm now its driver.
I'll pick up any national delegates along the route.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=8036242495906904364,45.041718,-93.647220&saddr=Lake+Charles,+LA&daddr=Houston,+TX+to:Austin,+TX+to:Waco,+TX+to:Dal las,+TX+to:Denton,+TX+to:Oklahoma+City,+OK+to:Wich ita,+KS+to:Kansas+City,+MO+to:3425+Ihduhapi+Rd,+Lo retto,+MN+55357+(Camp+Ihduhapi+-+YMCA)&mra=pe&mrcr=8&doflg=ptm&sll=37.195331,-95.581055&sspn=16.52929,27.070312&ie=UTF8&ll=39.909736,-92.285156&spn=31.739005,54.140625&z=4

slacker921
08-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Well that sounds like poor planning if they knew they had people who needed funding to get to the RNC events.

Maybe they aren't interested in seeing Paul delegates at the RNC anymore? .. seriously.. they've got the CFL and the rally going on and I haven't heard Paul say anything in a month or more about going to the RNC and making noise.

But the fact remains that there's a fair number of hard working Ron Paul supporters who are now signed up to go to the convention and they're facing ~$3,000 in travel, hotel, etc fees.

http://www.chipinfordelegates.com/