PDA

View Full Version : Not Much on the Lawson Front

Nathan Hale
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Considering that BJ Lawson is in one of the most viable Ron Paul candidates still in the game, you'd think that there would be more action surrounding his campaign. But these boards are devoid of chatter, Lawson's fundraising is at a virtual standstill, and the campaign just got around to removing "August 1st" as the deadline for their fundraising goal of $250K (unmet by over $80K).

What the dilly yo?

pacelli
08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
He just started the campaign against David Price 4 days ago.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJrGoyYMNY

Nathan Hale
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
He just started the campaign against David Price 4 days ago.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJrGoyYMNY

That's not exactly true. He's been fundraising, advertising, and appearing around the state. His campaign staff has been activated - he's been in the game. As such, you'd expect to see his grassroots on sites like this, well, being active too. Alas, they haven't been.

pacelli
08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
That's not exactly true. He's been fundraising, advertising, and appearing around the state. His campaign staff has been activated - he's been in the game. As such, you'd expect to see his grassroots on sites like this, well, being active too. Alas, they haven't been.

I suspect most of the BJ Lawson minutemen & Democrats for Lawson are doing more important things for the campaign than preaching to the choir.

Nathan Hale
08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
I suspect most of the BJ Lawson minutemen & Democrats for Lawson are doing more important things for the campaign than preaching to the choir.

I would hope that people don't just come here to preach to the choir. This site is a great outlet on which to raise awareness, pitch money bombs and other internet fundraising, and organize distant activists to get involved from outside the district.

ItsTime
08-19-2008, 07:40 PM
he is not the most viable. I dont think he will win. Prove me wrong! Good luck BJ

No1ButPaul08
08-19-2008, 07:45 PM
he is not the most viable. I dont think he will win. Prove me wrong! Good luck BJ

Who do you see as being the most viable? I think BJ has a very tall hill to climb, but I think he's the only one with any chance at all.

Jeremy
08-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey, I've personally been doing tons of stuff for his campaign... and I live no where near. It's all these other people! =O

lol

Nathan Hale
08-20-2008, 05:37 PM

I have my doubts about his victory as well - he's in a tough district, but so far as the candidates go, he's IMHO the most viable of the RP bunch. He knows how to talk, he presents himself well via his appearances and his web site, he has a solid advertising team, and he supposedly has a solid grassroots - though, as per my first post, I wish there was more chatter on these boards.

Mini-Me
08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I have my doubts about his victory as well - he's in a tough district, but so far as the candidates go, he's IMHO the most viable of the RP bunch. He knows how to talk, he presents himself well via his appearances and his web site, he has a solid advertising team, and he supposedly has a solid grassroots - though, as per my first post, I wish there was more chatter on these boards.

I agree that BJ is probably the most viable. His website screams out professionalism in both design and content...he seems to really have his heart in it. Unfortunately, I think the days of money bombs are pretty much over this campaign season...not too many people visit these boards anymore compared to before, and I think a lot of people are burned out and still feeling the hit from all of the other money bombs for Ron Paul. I do wish we had more energy surrounding him, though...it sounds like he could really use some viral marketing, especially because people like him are our long-term solution. Then again, I haven't actually done anything myself, so I can't really point fingers.

Printo
08-21-2008, 11:27 AM
The only problem with this election is that having an (R) next to your name hurts, no matter what your rhetoric is. The common man sees Democrats as good & Republicans as bad. Plus he's in a district full of college students who embrace all things liberal, including statism.

Mini-Me
08-21-2008, 02:04 PM
The only problem with this election is that having an (R) next to your name hurts, no matter what your rhetoric is. The common man sees Democrats as good & Republicans as bad. Plus he's in a district full of college students who embrace all things liberal, including statism.

I agree that the R hurts a lot this year. Most people find it easier to vote for parties instead of candidates, and they haven't yet realized they're contributing to the problem by doing so. Right now, the Republicans are the "destroyers" and the Democrats are the "saviors." Next year, who knows...:rolleyes:

Still, I'd say that a district of college students is probably more likely to vote for a Ron Paul Republican than almost any other kind of district. As Paul said, he's gotten some of his most positive responses from young people.

dr. hfn
09-13-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm active even though I have a full work load in college. I plan on donating to him during the Sept. 17th Moneybomb!