PDA

View Full Version : Will the Hatcam be televising the TX Straw Poll?

wgadget
08-31-2007, 04:09 PM
:)

quickmike
08-31-2007, 04:29 PM
I hope its not the hat cam. Otherwise im gonna have to buy a bottle of Dramamine tablets for the motion sickness. I mean how hard is it to hold a decent camera with a stabilizer? Everytime they clap or sneeze it makes the screen look like an earthquake is going on. Bad idea if youre looking for good shots of whats going on. But hey, Its not my deal so im just bitching. LOL:D

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Makes me sick too.

LibertyEagle
08-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Apparently it is the camera they were "loaned" from the Justin TV folks. They are using what they have.

quickmike
08-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Apparently it is the camera they were "loaned" from the Justin TV folks. They are using what they have.

Well I say we all should donate 50 cents a piece and get them a decent camera you can hold in your hands and not have to be such a lazy ass as to need a hat cam. Hell, Ill hold it for them if theyre too weak or tired to do it.:D

For some people, this is the first thing theyre gonna see on Ron Paul, last thing we need is to have them asking why they cant take smooth video so youre nerves arent shot by the end of it. I wont watch if its hat cam. Too annoying.

HAT CAM............... BAD!!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
If they had to walk around with a camera in hand, you would likely not get the whole thing as they'd probably have to set it down from time to time. Pretend your viewing it from a sailboat. Flip on a fan and mix up a pina colada for the full effect.

quickmike
08-31-2007, 05:06 PM
If they had to walk around with a camera in hand, you would likely not get the whole thing as they'd probably have to set it down from time to time. Pretend your viewing it from a sailboat. Flip on a fan and mix up a pina colada for the full effect.

20 dollar tripods work just as well as 100 dollar tripods.;)

Hook
08-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe they can put some gyroscopes and gimballs on it so that it will self-stabilize.

Hook
08-31-2007, 05:29 PM
BTW quickmike, are you the soup nazi from NY? You kind of look like him. :)

quickmike
08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
BTW quickmike, are you the soup nazi from NY? You kind of look like him. :)

Soup nazi? LOL im not sure what youre talking about.

Edit - Oh ok, I just googled it HAHA

Cowlesy
08-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Soup nazi? LOL im not sure what youre talking about.

Edit - Oh ok, I just googled it HAHA

I'm close to using the search feature and your post name to just read your posts as they always make me laugh out loud with the dry humor.

quickmike
08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm close to using the search feature and your post name to just read your posts as they always make me laugh out loud with the dry humor.

Maybe I should make a special edition Ron Paul calendar for 2008 and put a daily dry humor quote. :D

THEY'D SELL LIKE HOTCAKES I TELL YA!!!!!!!!

quickmike
08-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Maybe they can put some gyroscopes and gimballs on it so that it will self-stabilize.

Heres a better idea. Get a fish bowl to strap to the head of the cameraman, then put a waterproof camera in it and it should be alot smoother.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-31-2007, 06:38 PM
20 dollar tripods work just as well as 100 dollar tripods.;)

Try walking with one of those. Do they have them on wheels? Now THERE's an idea! (And if they don't, I'm claiming it for a patent. Too late. I just documented it here.)

wgadget
08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Gosh, I just wondered if the Texas straw poll will be televised. I was able to watch the Iowa straw poll, and spent the whole Saturday glued to my computer monitor.

Will this one be similar?

quickmike
08-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Try walking with one of those. Do they have them on wheels? Now THERE's an idea! (And if they don't, I'm claiming it for a patent. Too late. I just documented it here.)

There should be a "tripod boy" whose sole purpose is to follow the person with the camera and be ready to set up at the drop of a hat. That would look very professional too.

Looks like you blew the opportunity to make BILLIONS with that tripod on wheels idea. Maybe its not too late though.:D

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-31-2007, 08:45 PM
There should be a "tripod boy" whose sole purpose is to follow the person with the camera and be ready to set up at the drop of a hat. That would look very professional too.

Looks like you blew the opportunity to make BILLIONS with that tripod on wheels idea. Maybe its not too late though.:D

Wheels on tripods have SO been done. Google. (Why are all my billion-dollar ideas already taken? For the record, what is now called "ti-vo" was my idea 12 years ago. I called it "cache tv." It was much simpler and cheaper the way I had it envisioned.)

I agree: we need lots of boys scurrying around with equipment, answering to whistles. Tripod here, go to camera 3 there, fetch me a pot of mead, mead-boy. But that's just how I like it here at home. Dr. Paul may have other preferences.