PDA

View Full Version : Austrian Economists (FED EXPERTS):HELP Needed for School!!

icon124
08-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, I'm starting a new semester at college soon, and I got pretty much a free class I can take while I'm there (major is fulfilled and this is to keep me a full time student). Sooooo of course you know I wanted to take a class in money and banking this semester, because I feel I need to wake up about 30 plus students and a teacher. I have a feeling they will barely know anything about the Austrian view and need some good good topics for discussion.

I need some strong points from the Austrian world, so supply me with information you think would be a strong selling point!

Also, I want to study the federal reserve and why we need to get rid of it...I need to be strong in my delivery and need to know everything well so I really want some good recommendations to look in to.

Right now I just got done Rothbard's Case Against the Fed..any books as good or better?

Thanks ahead of time!!!!

forsmant
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Edward Griffin The Creature Form Jekyll Island.

apc3161
08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Talk about something that should be interesting.

For example, the fed can keep the economy going by artificially lowering interest rates, this will also keep unemployment low for a short duration.

But as a result, the dollar will get weaker and inflation will rise. Is this a good trade off? Who does it help, who does it hurt?

Will such policies work in the long run? etc etc.

If I were you, I wouldn't try and turn it into a lecture, and much as a real discussion.

bill50
08-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Economics In One Lesson is an awesome book for beginners. Try to utilize some of the points in that book.

Conza88
08-18-2008, 08:59 PM
What has the Government done to our Money? by Murry Rothbard

Seriously though; Media Section of Mises (http://mises.org/media.aspx)

You need to listen to pretty much every single thing there... Start with the introductions to stuff, and audiobooks...

You're on the right track now, got the right direction; you just need to plough on through and learn it all :D I'm about 3 weeks into the listenings... Learnt alot..

PHD in economics... $---,000 or FREE education from Mises.org

Actually knowing wtf is happening in the world and why, including the solutions to all problems.

Priceless. - Enjoy :D

danberkeley
08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Tips when arguing: no ad hominems, dont take anything personal, dont belittle anybody, always know what you are talking about, always know what the other person is talking about, know about current events (fannie, freddie bailout, inflation, gold/oil/gasoline prices, housintg stats, congressional bills, etc) and know the ins/outs and consequences, compare stuff to previous events (Communistic China and Russia and how they failed)...

EDIT: Ron Paul is a turn off to everyone. Dont use his name unless necessary. But do compare Obama to McCain and why they will make this country worse. Also, comparing Obama to Hitler is fun but you have to know what you are talking about.

Conza88
08-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Tips when arguing: no ad hominems, dont take anything personal, dont belittle anybody, always know what you are talking about, always know what the other person is talking about, know about current events (fannie, freddie bailout, inflation, gold/oil/gasoline prices, housintg stats, congressional bills, etc) and know the ins/outs and consequences, compare stuff to previous events (Communistic China and Russia and how they failed)...

EDIT: Ron Paul is a turn off to everyone. Dont use his name unless necessary. But do compare Obama to McCain and why they will make this country worse. Also, comparing Obama to Hitler is fun but you have to know what you are talking about.

Stalin is more appropriate. Hitler is McCain... :)

danberkeley
08-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Stalin is more appropriate. Hitler is McCain... :)

Hitler's and Obama similarities:

They both blame a specific group in the their country for the economic woes.
They both want to socialize education and other major industries.
They both are charismatic and are god-like to their constituents.
They both gold rallies and gives speeches in front of hundrends of thousands of Germans.
They are both warmongerererers.
They both use the race card and religion card.
They will both end up killing millions of people through war and famine.

Look at their "plans" for "our" country.

Acala
08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Edward Griffin The Creature Form Jekyll Island.

I have considered myself pretty knowledgable on economics and the politics of liberty. But I now know I was wrong. I am only half-way through this book and I am staggered. If you want to take the red pill, here it is. Be prepared to have your world view rocked.

dannno
08-19-2008, 10:13 AM
you know I wanted to take a class in money and banking this semester

Look, there are NO classes in "Money and Banking", you're going to have to take Macro Economics or Corporate Finance to get anywhere near these topics.

I have a degree in Business/Economics, and there were NO classes about money nor about banking. Period.

Universities are run by the NWO and they do not want you to know about these things in detail. Not even MBA students get a proper education in money or banking.

Conza88
08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Hitler's and Obama similarities:

They both blame a specific group in the their country for the economic woes.
They both want to socialize education and other major industries.
They both are charismatic and are god-like to their constituents.
They both gold rallies and gives speeches in front of hundrends of thousands of Germans.
They are both warmongerererers.
They both use the race card and religion card.
They will both end up killing millions of people through war and famine.

Look at their "plans" for "our" country.

I was looking at the end game...

McCain would be a fascist.

Obama would be a communist.

There are many similarities between them both... obviously, since they are both collectivist.

danberkeley
08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I was looking at the end game...

McCain would be a fascist.

Obama would be a communist.

There are many similarities between them both... obviously, since they are both collectivist.

Stalin murdered 20+ million people during his reign and Hitler murdered approx. 6 million. So if Obama becomes our Stalin, then we are screwed big time.

Conza88
08-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Stalin murdered 20+ million people during his reign and Hitler murdered approx. 6 million. So if Obama becomes our Stalin, then we are screwed big time.

Hitler targeted a race. Stalin everyone and anyone of his own people. :)

So yeah, I don't really differentiate between 20million and 6million.

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Haha, wondering if Obama just targets white people.. :eek: lol

noxagol
08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
I'll take Stalin over Mao any day. 20mill compared to 60-70million. That is just a lot of people, it is quite unfathomable to think about just how much death that really is.

danberkeley
08-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, Hitler let many people leave the country before he murdered them. Comrade Stalin and Chairman Mao didnt and implimented central planning that caused shortages which caused massive starvation. Hopefully Savior Obama will let us leave when TMFSRHTMFF...

Btw, what percentage of the population did Stalin murder compared to Mao

danberkeley
08-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Hitler targeted a race. Stalin everyone and anyone of his own people. :)

So yeah, I don't really differentiate between 20million and 6million.

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Haha, wondering if Obama just targets white people.. :eek: lol

Yeah but Hitler blamed the Jews for allegedly ruining the German economy. Obama will blame the "rich folks", speculators, "hoarders", "gold bugs", "predatory lenders", etc.

strapko
08-19-2008, 08:45 PM
actually, its been estimated that around 61 mill died through out the history of communist Russia. No wonder they have sex camps now=D.

Conza88
08-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah but Hitler blamed the Jews for allegedly ruining the German economy. Obama will blame the "rich folks", speculators, "hoarders", "gold bugs", "predatory lenders", etc.

Hitler blamed a race. He promoted race conflict & race hatred. Hence Nazism.

Communism promotes class conflict and class hatred. ;)