PDA

View Full Version : Odd: Virginia Green Party may get Ron Paul on the ballot (Bloomberg/Paul)

FrankRep
08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Bloomberg/Paul on Ballot in Virginia?

Aol News
Aug 18th

Sam Stein of The Huffington Post reports that the Independent Green Party of Virginia gathered enough signatures to get New york City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on the ballot in that state as a candidate for President without the knowledge of Bloomberg. The group also placed former Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul on the ballot as Bloomberg's running mate.

Whether or not Bloomberg will ultimately be on the ballot will likely come down to whether or not Bloomberg decides to allow his nomination. The chairman of the party Carey Campbell, who referred to the party as "happy hillbillies", claims to be acting on a promise made by the party to Bloomberg, although an aide to the Mayor told Stein that Bloomberg was "unaware of the effort."

If Bloomberg/Paul stays on the ballot in Virginia, would their ticket take more votes from John McCain or Barack Obama? In a poll taken over a year ago, Barack Obama gained two points with Bloomberg in the mix. So the effect of a Bloomberg run seems minimal. Paul, however, has an enthusiastic and loyal following among conservatives that could turn out to vote for Bloomberg/Paul. Paul finished third in the Virginia primary, pulling in 4.5% of the vote.

Paul supporters have launched their own write-in effort.

SOURCE:
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/08/18/bloomberg-paul-on-ballot-in-virginia/

http://blog.indecision2008.com/2008/08/18/michael-bloomberg-unknowingly-running-for-president-of-virginia/

Jeremy
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
=O

RP4EVER
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
I noticed that a while back.

I dont think they put them on the ballot....according to the Green Papers websight the Green Party Presidential Candidate is Cynthia McKinney; shes listed as being on the ballot in VA.

correction.............apparently the indy greens have decided to field a seperate ballot........

speciallyblend
08-18-2008, 03:42 PM

I dont think they put them on the ballot....according to the Green Papers websight the Green Party Presidential Candidate is Cynthia McKinney; shes listed as being on the ballot in VA.

correction.............apparently the indy greens have decided to field a seperate ballot........

sweet sounds good to me,anything that hurts mccain is a positive:)

way to go GREENS IN VA;) I'm proud of you, VA my home state:)

Imperial
08-18-2008, 05:01 PM
sweet sounds good to me,anything that hurts mccain is a positive:)

way to go GREENS IN VA;) I'm proud of you, VA my home state:)

You shouldn't be happy...

This hurts Barr and Baldwin, the two presidential liberty candidates.

So much for building the Libertarian or Constitution Parties...

Jeremy
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
If I live in VA I'd probably still vote Barr. Ron Paul is not running for president OR vice president.

The_Orlonater
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
God this whole write in thing is stupid.

AJ Antimony
08-18-2008, 05:09 PM

According to Wikipedia, the Independent Greens of Virginia is the Virginia version of the Independence Party of America.

RP4EVER
08-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Aye; read my last line......they have fielded their own ballot

Alex Libman
08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Smash through. By any means necessary.

UtahApocalypse
08-18-2008, 06:19 PM

That has never been our goal. we want to take back our party.

dannno
08-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Nah, it draws more people into voting for somebody besides Obama/McCain.

It's a good thing.

speciallyblend
08-18-2008, 06:39 PM

I was a libertarian for 12 yrs. i'm trying to retake the republican party,both the lp/cp had a chance to help us. The lp/cp is about their party not taking back the party they left. We are about the people, they are about their own party. hopefully the lp/cp will leave their egos at the door and help us reclaim the republican party that they left themselves.

I'm not voting for barr to build the lp,if i do not vote for barr or baldwin then i stay home on election day(except for local races). I will continue to fight within the gop, the lp/cp needs to stop whining,if they would of listened to ron paul 2 yrs ago we could taken back the party the lp/cp abandoned!!!!

malkusm
08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
I was a libertarian for 12 yrs. i'm trying to retake the republican party,both the lp/cp had a chance to help us. The lp/cp is about their party not taking back the party they left. We are about the people, they are about their own party. hopefully the lp/cp will leave their egos at the door and help us reclaim the republican party that they left themselves.

I'm not voting for barr to build the lp,if i do not vote for barr or baldwin then i stay home on election day(except for local races). I will continue to fight within the gop, the lp/cp needs to stop whining,if they would of listened to ron paul 2 yrs ago we could taken back the party the lp/cp abandoned!!!!

+1

Imperial
08-18-2008, 08:09 PM
What would be stopping you from voting for Barr or Baldwin AND retake the GOP while building the parties?

I mean, you still send a message to the GOP and build another party that can begin to force the discussion to change, further aiding the cause of rebuilding the GOP.

FYI, I would consider myself a Republican rebuilding the party. That is my first goal. Both goals happen to be achieved though without this.