PDA

View Full Version : Who You Vote For?

Godfather89
08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
I was at another forum and they were talking about Ron Paul Supporters and who they would vote for since Ron Paul dropped out. It came to my attention that their were three people:

Bob Barr
Barack Obama
[Forgot Last Name] Thompson

So who would you vote for? I hear alot of this "write in Ron Paul" how does that work?

Anti Federalist
08-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I hear alot of this "write in Ron Paul" how does that work?

It doesn't.

Unless a candidate has filed for an "official" write in effort with the state, write in votes will not be counted.

Not to say I might not still do that, since it's looking like, in NH at least, the only options on the POTUS ballot will be McCain or Obama.

The_Orlonater
08-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't write in Paul.

I think Bob Barr is going to be on the ballot in all 50 states.

If he ain't on the ballot, vote for ANY 3rd party.

And if none of them are on the ballot write in Ron Paul.

mediahasyou
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Everyone but trolls on ronpaulforums are voting
Bob Barr
Chuck Baldwin
or writing in Ron Paul

Mahkato
08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Writing him in won't do any good unless Ron Paul registers as a write-in candidate in your state, which he probably won't do. Even then, you have to write in Ronald Earnest Paul -- votes for "Ron Paul" won't be counted. If he doesn't register as a write-in candidate, then your votes will simply be thrown out (in most states).

If Ron Paul isn't on the ballot, show the Republicans they don't have your vote if they put up non-Republican candidates by voting for an acceptable third-party candidate like Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr. This shows the GOP that you are a voter that they need to please. If you vote Dem or don't vote or waste a vote on an uncounted write-in, the GOP will not know they need to win you back.

pcosmar
08-18-2008, 01:46 PM
It is true that a write in wont get Ron Paul elected.
I will probably Write him in anyway.

It is very unlikely that any third party candidate will make any difference to the election.

I suspect that Obama will win.
I believe it has already been decided, and that the whole circus surrounding the races is for show.

I cannot vote FOR Obama.
I cannot vote FOR McCain.

I can vote AGAINST them.
I will vote against THEM.

I doubt it will make any difference, but my conscience will be clear.

NewFederalist
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
I would not write in someone who is not a candidate because in most states the vote will simply not be counted. I would vote for anyone who is not McBama just to send the message that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are not acceptable.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't write in Paul.

I think Bob Barr is going to be on the ballot in all 50 states.

If he ain't on the ballot, vote for ANY 3rd party.

And if none of them are on the ballot write in Ron Paul.

As of 8 August the Constitution Party missed the ballot deadline.

According to the LP's website, they have completed the process of collecting the needed signatures, but are still not listing the LP as being "On Ballot".

3,000 signatures 12,106 signatures 5,525 turned in (Finished!)

http://www.lp.org/ballot-access

My local reading is giving me mixed messages, that the LP missed the deadline as well, or that they turned in a partial list with more to follow and the SoS was going to accept that or they did complete the signature process in time.

Obviously Baldwin's out, if Barr is listed I'll vote Barr, if not, I'll write in RP or better yet, stay at home and get pissy drunk.:mad:

Theocrat
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I was at another forum and they were talking about Ron Paul Supporters and who they would vote for since Ron Paul dropped out. It came to my attention that their were three people:

Bob Barr
Barack Obama

So who would you vote for? I hear alot of this "write in Ron Paul" how does that work?

My vote is for Dr. Chuck Baldwin, the most moral and only Constitutionalist we have running for President now.

NH4RonPaul
08-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Anyone who suggests Obama is an alternative to Ron Paul is really sick....and confused, and should be locked up in a looney bin.

Jeremy
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I'll be voting for Bob Barr.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Anyone who suggests Obama is an alternative to Ron Paul is really sick....and confused, and should be locked up in a looney bin.

A possibility only if you subscribe to the theory of "Worse is Better".

A theory I have more than a nodding acquaintance of.

Standing Like A Rock
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Don't write in Paul.

I think Bob Barr is going to be on the ballot in all 50 states. If he ain't on the ballot, vote for ANY 3rd party.

As long as it isn't the communist party ;)

entropy
08-18-2008, 08:15 PM
McCain....just to keep Barack and Michelle out of the Whitehouse.

pcosmar
08-18-2008, 09:02 PM
McCain....just to keep Barack and Michelle out of the Whitehouse.

A vote for evil is a vote for EVIL' Less or more, it makes no difference.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/2574761715_1a8640942b_o.jpg

acroso
08-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Baldwin!

Volitzer
08-19-2008, 02:06 AM
I'll be voting for Bob Barr.

Yeah voting Bilderberg-lite will show them !!!! :rolleyes:

Vote pro-Constitutionalist CHUCK BALDWIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Volitzer
08-19-2008, 02:09 AM
What amazes me is that at the Chuck Baldwin forum you see a lot of activity but go to the Barr forums and you see little activity ??

I think the Barr supporters here are nothing more than COINTELPRO spammers.

Uriel999
08-19-2008, 03:15 AM
Barr, Balwdin, Write in RP, write in Andrew Jackson...Havn't decided, but I know for a fact I will not be voting Obama or McCain.

Godfather89
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Whats the difference between Baldwin or Barr? Without the heated debate please...

seems to be more well-known in the constitutionalists position, from my stand point. Why not for and unite behind him?

Mortikhi
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM

Bob Barr
Barack Obama

Chuck Baldwin gets my vote if a Ron Paul write-in will not be counted.

Godfather89
08-20-2008, 07:34 AM
So which person has more political support as well as popular support? Barr or Baldwin?