PDA

View Full Version : Free Bikes To Use @ Convention

Wendi
08-18-2008, 07:10 AM
I saw this on another forum... free use of bicycles at the GOP convention. Could come in handy for those trying to save money on travel expenses.

I found it here:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=898740

1,000 Bikes at the Democratic and Republican National Conventions

What
Through a unique partnership between Humana, a Fortune 100 health benefits company, and Bikes Belong, a nonprofit biking advocacy group, the Freewheelin bike sharing experience will be in Denver and the Twin Cities during the conventions. Each host city will be outfitted with 1,000 bikes for free use during the convention week.

Who
Well, you. As long as you’re 18, you’re welcome to enjoy the freedom and health benefits of using a Freewheelin bike. We don’t care if you’re in the city to participate in the convention, share news about the convention, help as a volunteer or just because you already live there. Basically, if you’re in the area and you want to ride a bike, we want to make that happen.

Oh, and if you want to know about us, just click these links. Humana Bikes Belong

Where
Bikes will be located near the heart of the convention activity and the major hotel centers. We’ll have about eight different stations of bikes and all of them will be staffed with volunteers to guide you through the process. Click here to view the map for the DNC. Click here to the view the map for the RNC.

When
Now, we know you’re probably going to have early meetings or coffee appointments, so we’re opening the stations at 7 am. Most of the stations will close at 7 pm, but some of our bigger stations may stay open later if there are big events in the evening hours. We’ll post the hours of each station on-site.

How
The bikes will be available free of charge to any interested adult. Once you register, we'll issue you a Freewheelin card that you can use as many times as you want to check out a bike during the conventions. Just head to a station, show your Freewheelin card and I.D. and we’ll hand you a helmet, a bike and a map. It’s just that simple.

The registration process is pretty simple, really. We’ll need the basics from you: name, address, e-mail address. But, since you’re already here on our web site, click here and go ahead and give that to us ahead of time. That way, when we see you later this summer all you have to do is stop by and see us to get your card.

The Legal Stuff
Of course, we have to take care of the legalities (you know we have to). Once we meet you in person at the station, you’ll have to review a liability waiver and accept it before we can give you a card. Also, you’ll have to show us that stellar headshot on your I.D. to ensure that no one is impersonating you. Finally, we’ll swipe your credit card and keep it on file (it will be secured) until the end of the convention. That’s just to make sure no one rides into the sunset with one of our bikes. As long as you drop your bike off by 7 pm, we won’t charge your card.

Why
Well, biking is just all-around good stuff. It’s great for you and the environment. With a win-win like that, why wouldn’t you choose to pedal your way the 4 or 6 blocks from your hotel to the convention center, or from the light rail stop to your office or, well, anywhere else? Bike sharing is good for you, good for the environment and great for the community. We know that already, and we want you to have that experience for yourself.

https://www.freewheelinwaytogo.co...lcome.aspx (http://slickdeals.net/?sduid=229749&sdtid=898740&sdfid=4&u2=https://www.freewheelinwaytogo.com/Registration/PreRegistrationWelcome.aspx)

Danke
08-18-2008, 07:25 AM
We don’t care if you’re in the city to participate in the convention, share news about the convention, help as a volunteer or just because you already live there.

What if one is in town to throw molotov cocktails, can they get a bike too?

Wendi
08-18-2008, 07:49 AM
^^ I know nothing about it other than what I've posted :D.

Indy Vidual
08-18-2008, 09:28 AM
^^ I know nothing about it other than what I've posted :D.

Bikes are fun, and this is great, thanks. :)