PDA

View Full Version : Gathering of citizens.

jbuttell
08-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I've been thinking a bit about this recently, why are we (people in the united states) all so shattered. Why is there so much resistance to meetup in large numbers to discuss the issues that we're dealing with today.

Ron Paul supporters gather at meetup groups, Obama supporters meetup, McCain (I suppose some people meet up?)

I can't help but imagine that if we actually could get together - people from all 'tribes' and discuss these issues, that some progress could be made. It would be our best means to spread the message, for the truth to prevail.

People need to connect with people - face to face. We must bypass the internet, the television, etc. Get people out of their comfort zone. We're too isolated, they're too isolated - what can be done to at the very least - get together, and discuss what is happening today?

.jeremy

Anti Federalist
08-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Problem number one:

RP people and "freedom folks" in general, are largely iconoclastic and tend not to be "joiners".

jbuttell
08-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I appreciate that. I'm a bit of a recluse myself and do not deal well with authority. This isn't about joining anything. This isn't about changing our views or compromising one bit. It's about discovering the most potent avenue to propagate the message. The internet, the phone etc... they're easily ignorable conduits. People distrust when strangers call them on the phone or post something on a website. People's manners tend to go out the window when they're on the internet as well. In person, people's behavior changes.

The activists that are energized to even show up for a candidate - are driven by something, more than the average joe, regardless of who they're supporting. It's a shame that we can't harness that energy, direct it in the right direction.