PDA

View Full Version : Public tranportation for R4R

brandon
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm just booking my flight now. I waited too late and now everything costs a bazillion dollars. Anyway, in an effort to save money I am considering sleeping in the airport Sunday night.

I have to be at the leadership summit at 8:30 Monday morning.

Is their any public transport that will take me from the airport to the location of the leadership summit (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=dKo&q=6155+Earle+Brown+Drive,+MN+55430&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title)? Also, how long is the drive from the airport to the leadership summit?

If not I will rent a car, but I'm hoping I can delay renting a car until after the leadership summit to save a few bucks.

KenInMontiMN
08-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I would take the light rail directly out of the airport to downtown, ask for a transfer as you get on/off so you don't have to pay for the bus from downtown to the Brookdale Center area. The Sunday/Holiday service is on rte 22 only I believe, here's that schedule- look for the Sunday/Holiday northbound chart on the bottom center of the page. Ask that bus driver which stop will get you closest to the Earl Brown center which is just north of Brookdale, but you may have a block or more to walk. Or if you strike up a conversation towards the end of that bus ride, you may meet a park & rider getting off at that Brookdale Park and ride who wouldn't mind shuttling you a couple more blocks north to the center, especially if you have bags and such.

MTC route 22:
http://metrotransit.org/images/routes/022.pdf

Edit- that looks like more of a 6-7 block walk from the transit station up to Earle Brown center, so I'd invite others here who are driving into that leadership summit to exchange cell numbers with BrandonYates and help him get himself and the luggage those last few blocks when he rings your phone to let you know the bus rolled in.

Danke
08-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm just booking my flight now. I waited too late and now everything costs a bazillion dollars. Anyway, in an effort to save money I am considering sleeping in the airport Sunday night.

I have to be at the leadership summit at 8:30 Monday morning.

Is their any public transport that will take me from the airport to the location of the leadership summit (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=dKo&q=6155+Earle+Brown+Drive,+MN+55430&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title)? Also, how long is the drive from the airport to the leadership summit?

If not I will rent a car, but I'm hoping I can delay renting a car until after the leadership summit to save a few bucks.

When are you coming in? Are you bringing a tent?

berrybunches
08-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Anyway, in an effort to save money I am considering sleeping in the airport Sunday night.

Ask if someone will let you crash at their hotel for the night or try to find a local who will let you crash on the couch. I think there is something that helps people who are looking to share rooms and transportation/offer rooms and transportation communicate but I am not sure and I don't know where.
Anyone know?

brandon
08-18-2008, 05:36 AM
When are you coming in? Are you bringing a tent?

I think I'm going to try to rent or buy a tent when I get there.

I'm getting in around 11:45 Sunday night. Since I have to be at the summit at 8:30 the next morning, it seems like a waste of time to drive all the way to the campground that late at night.

rancher89
08-18-2008, 05:48 AM
post in the Convention sub forum for help with a ride from the airport or a place to stay on Sunday night--I think there is quite a group of volunteers all over the cities for the week.....