PDA

View Full Version : Democrats say they can't stop the war because they don't have the votes...

Vaio
08-17-2008, 09:37 AM
That's like saying George Bush can't pull the troops out of Iraq because the Congress won't stop funding them. HE'S THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF! The Congress has the power of the purse as well as to maintain standing armies. A pro-war Congress with an anti-war president or a pro-war president with an anti-war congress (which is what we supposedly have) should yield the same results. Congress can't command troops to go where they want them to, but they give the President the money and authority to go to war. The President can't send troops wherever he wants to attack without the funding and declaration of war for it. How do we get this message out to the American people?? It seems as though we focus on the Democrats not wanting to cut off funding, yet we don't often look at a pro-war Congress with an anti-war President and how ridiculous THAT scenario would be if we were at war. It's the same as what we have today, only supposedly reversed. I think if more people realized this then we would have much more success persuading the people who do nothing but follow the MSM for their political opinions.

Brian Defferding
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah, the Dems are too scared to be labeled as the party that defunds the military, so they put their tail between their legs. Their logic is "Welp! They're already over there, we can't draw them out directly and we don't want to give them shoddy equipment and weapons, so here ya go Bush!" Any investigation into the abuse of Bush's power over the military has been a wash so far too. The checks and balances between Congress and the President are too far to the President's side now, no matter who is in the White House.

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 10:04 AM
That's not what they said in 2006. No SURPRISE. :p

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Yeah, the Dems are too scared to be labeled as the party that defunds the military, so they put their tail between their legs.

That is not accurate and makes no sense what-so-ever. Why would they be afraid of political backlash when ~80% of the people want out of this war?

The people voted them into office to stop this war. Their ratings are so low right now because they haven't stopped the war!

ItsTime
08-17-2008, 10:06 AM
They are not lying, they do not have the votes. Its a cleaver way of saying that most dems would vote for funding the war even if there was a vote for defunding it.

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 10:10 AM
And yet there will probably be just the same-o same-o standard boring BS ~90% incumbent return rate.

Throw the bums out, voters.

Vaio
08-17-2008, 10:10 AM
No, they say they need more votes to override a veto. Well, if they don't appropriate more money, which only needs a majority in the House, then the President won't have anything TO veto. If they can't defund the war when there's a majority of Democrats, and considering there's only a few who deviate from party lines, then the Democrats are just as ineffective and just as pro-war as anyone else.

AJ Antimony
08-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Dems tend to be wusses

Brian Defferding
08-17-2008, 10:21 AM
That is not accurate and makes no sense what-so-ever. Why would they be afraid of political backlash when ~80% of the people want out of this war?

Sure it makes sense. There's a difference between being "anti-war" and "pro-military." Many are anti-war, but if the Democrats try to de-fund it they feel they have become "anti-military." Many Democrats have sons or daughters in the Middle East too. They want the federal money there partly for them also.

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Dems tend to be wusses

The Difference between Democrats and Republicans
http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/ (http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/)

An accurate, quick and easy read.<IMHO> :D

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 10:50 AM
I have no doubt they don't have the votes but it's the reasons they don't have the votes has nothing to do with Congress thinking war in Iraq is a good thing.

So many people on this board refuse to take a walk on the dark side of the people in power, they can not comprehend why we are still in this war and why they are getting cooperation, regardless of the Dems rhetoric. It has nothing to do with stupidity. It has to do with blackmail, fear of their or their loved ones lives, personally profiteering from the war, etc.

This war and the New World Order has been planned for a very long time and these despicable people have stacked the deck a long time ago.

To learn one of the methods these people use to compromise people/politicians in power, there is no better film than "Conspiracy of Silence" IMO.

It goes something like this:

Getting politicians drunk and drugged up at private parties and then using children to entice them to have sex with them. They are secretly filmed and then they can be made to vote however they want them to vote.

Just one of the many ways these people are willing to "stacked the deck". Some politicians have just sold their soul because they are profiting from this war. Some politicians have been totally brainwashed into thinking they are saving the world and need to bring in One World Government and that the ends justify the means. And then some have been programmed...and I mean mind controlled manchuriun style. And then some just go along to get along because they have watched many courageous politicians have their careers ruined or have accidents or have been "suicided".

And yet most people on this board keep pissing in the wind thinking that this stuff is all just conspiracy theory and surely this kind of stuff doesn't go on. It does go on, but too many are unwilling to take that walk on the dark side and research all the infomation available to see the truth.

THEY do not think like we do. THEY do not care about you or me. You are alll nothing but animals to these people to be used to further their God like status.

I appreciate the things people on this board are doing, but most of the time, people are just pissing in the wind trying to put out the fire of Rome burning because they don't know which way to aim their dicks.

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Sure it makes sense. There's a difference between being "anti-war" and "pro-military." Many are anti-war, but if the Democrats try to de-fund it they feel they have become "anti-military." Many Democrats have sons or daughters in the Middle East too. They want the federal money there partly for them also.

Oh puhleese! You think that the ~80% of people give a rats ass if Bush starts calling them anti-military. He and his cohorts have been implying that for 7 yrs now. Hasn't stopped those 80% of the people from wanting to get out of this war yet and it wouldn't change if they defunded the war. Dems would have been lifted on the shoulders of the people if they did what they thought they were voting them in to do and they coiuld care less what Bush had to say. He has a 20% approval rating and that sure as hell isn't going to cfhange because he starts throwing around the anti-military rheotoric again :rolleyes:.

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 11:08 AM
The Military Lies
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/young-r4.html

Brian Defferding
08-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh puhleese! You think that the ~80% of people give a rats ass if Bush starts calling them anti-military. He and his cohorts have been implying that for 7 yrs now. Hasn't stopped those 80% of the people from wanting to get out of this war yet and it wouldn't change if they defunded the war. Dems would have been lifted on the shoulders of the people if they did what they thought they were voting them in to do and they coiuld care less what Bush had to say. He has a 20% approval rating and that sure as hell isn't going to cfhange because he starts throwing around the anti-military rheotoric again :rolleyes:.

The Democrats do care.

And it's not just for public image that they care (which it partly is), but it's their own personal convictions/feelings on it.

Disagree all you want, but this is one of the reasons why the Democrats have a horrible approval rating. They refuse to defund the war when, in my opinion, they should. They are wussies and are letting Bush control them.

speciallyblend
08-17-2008, 11:15 AM
BS they lie,voters voted them in to do just that,but they ignored the will of the voters......

speciallyblend
08-17-2008, 11:16 AM
The Democrats do care.

And it's not just for public image that they care (which it partly is), but it's their own personal convictions/feelings on it.

Disagree all you want, but this is one of the reasons why the Democrats have a horrible approval rating. They refuse to defund the war when, in my opinion, they should. They are wussies and are letting Bush control them.

i usually do not vote democrat ,but last election, the america people voted them back into power,because their whole dam platform was running to get our troops out,but as usual the democrats lied to the american voters!!!!

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Nope, it's just lame BS party politics. Keep Bush on the war hook and just get more power from the election MANDATE ( so [ to be ] called ).

Same old rotten bogus shit, as always!

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 11:43 AM
The Democrats do care.

Yes....they are being controlled and for all the reasons plus some that I stated above in my long post. But it sure as hell does NOT have anything to do with your original post:

Yeah, the Dems are too scared to be labeled as the party that defunds the military

As SpeciallyBlend stated...it was their freaking platform that they ran on!

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 11:48 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/us_vs_world.gif

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 11:48 AM
i usually do not vote democrat ,but last election, the america people voted them back into power,because their whole dam platform was running to get our troops out,but as usual the democrats lied to the american voters!!!!

Wow.....someone making some sense....one of the few posts I have read today that was a pleasure. Thanks :D

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 11:50 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/goering-quote.jpg

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 11:52 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/us_vs_world.gif

This immediately comes to mind................

Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

Anti Federalist
08-17-2008, 11:52 AM
I have no doubt they don't have the votes but it's the reasons they don't have the votes has nothing to do with Congress thinking war in Iraq is a good thing.

So many people on this board refuse to take a walk on the dark side of the people in power, they can not comprehend why we are still in this war and why they are getting cooperation, regardless of the Dems rhetoric. It has nothing to do with stupidity. It has to do with blackmail, fear of their or their loved ones lives, personally profiteering from the war, etc.

This war and the New World Order has been planned for a very long time and these despicable people have stacked the deck a long time ago.

To learn one of the methods these people use to compromise people/politicians in power, there is no better film than "Conspiracy of Silence" IMO.

It goes something like this:

Getting politicians drunk and drugged up at private parties and then using children to entice them to have sex with them. They are secretly filmed and then they can be made to vote however they want them to vote.

Just one of the many ways these people are willing to "stacked the deck". Some politicians have just sold their soul because they are profiting from this war. Some politicians have been totally brainwashed into thinking they are saving the world and need to bring in One World Government and that the ends justify the means. And then some have been programmed...and I mean mind controlled manchuriun style. And then some just go along to get along because they have watched many courageous politicians have their careers ruined or have accidents or have been "suicided".

And yet most people on this board keep pissing in the wind thinking that this stuff is all just conspiracy theory and surely this kind of stuff doesn't go on. It does go on, but too many are unwilling to take that walk on the dark side and research all the infomation available to see the truth.

THEY do not think like we do. THEY do not care about you or me. You are alll nothing but animals to these people to be used to further their God like status.

I appreciate the things people on this board are doing, but most of the time, people are just pissing in the wind trying to put out the fire of Rome burning because they don't know which way to aim their dicks.

QFT

The war won't end because the "system" does not want it to end.

Dick Cheney told you, "So??!!":mad:

That pretty much sums up the attitude of the ruling class.

The democrats, since 2006, have been bending over backwards, pretty much giving everything Bushco has wanted on a silver platter, including FISA/Telecomm immunity and increasing the war funding.

NH4RonPaul
08-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Democrats ain't going to end the war either. They are all working for the UN, globalism.

When are you folks going to realize that at the national level, there is no difference?

The Democrats have done a good smear job, but they are in truth, the party of the rich and the racist.

http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/

Read that website for some insight.

:cool:

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
This immediately comes to mind................

Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY Like TPTB gives a shit. :rolleyes:

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 12:30 PM
QFT

The war won't end because the "system" does not want it to end.

Dick Cheney told you, "So??!!":mad:

That pretty much sums up the attitude of the ruling class.

The democrats, since 2006, have been bending over backwards, pretty much giving everything Bushco has wanted on a silver platter, including FISA/Telecomm immunity and increasing the war funding.

Our soldiers are cannon fodder for them and "they" don't want them to come home alive in masses. They want them dead because when those troops, who have 2 brain cells left to rub together, come home and find out that 9/11 was a false flag operation (and they will) they will be using the skills they learned fighting this war and aiming at the politicians. How many tours of duty now? Poor medical treatment and denial of medical treatment. Suicides. Build up of the crazy mercenary armies who are disarming our soldiers in a war zone no less?

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/10/12/us-colonel-blackwater-actually-drew-their-weapons-on-us-soldiers/

A little Gulf War Syndrome perhaps?

Nope. "They" don't want them home.

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Like TPTB gives a shit. :rolleyes:

TPTB are the profiteers from the MIC for the most part, so yeah, they don't give a rat's ass what E warned.

Just one glaring example:

Cheney's Halliburton stock options rose 3,281% last year, senator finds

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Cheneys_stock_options_rose_3281_last_1011.html

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 12:46 PM
TPTB are the profiteers from the MIC for the most part, so yeah, they don't give a rat's ass what E warned.

Just one glaring example:

Cheney's Halliburton stock options rose 3,281% last year, senator finds

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Cheneys_stock_options_rose_3281_last_1011.html

Good old Carlyle Group, etc. too. ;)
http://www.carlyle.com/

newyearsrevolution08
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
whatever it takes for them to win, get the anti-war people on their side to make sure to get as many votes as possible. They need to play these cards below

race card
war card
environmental card
hippy card
what about the children card
and the fucking list can go on and on....

I know that democrats are good people just like republicans are but DAMN are these people misinformed and delusional on both sides.

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 12:57 PM
whatever it takes for them to win, get the anti-war people on their side to make sure to get as many votes as possible. They need to play these cards below

race card
war card
environmental card
hippy card
what about the children card
and the fucking list can go on and on....

I know that democrats are good people just like republicans are but DAMN are these people misinformed and delusional on both sides.

http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/ (http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/)

SamuraisWisdom
08-17-2008, 02:12 PM
In the Democrats' defense, they have passed bills issuing a deadline for withdrawal only to have President Bush veto it. Then they didn't have enough votes to overturn the veto. So in a sense they're correct in saying they don't have enough votes to end the war. That's why it's seemed as though they haven't done anything because every time a bill is passed that GW doesn't like he vetoes it knowing full well it won't be overturned.

Now that's not to say that the Dems are innocent. I think almost all of them are equally responsible for this war as the Republicans are and I don't think there's enough of a push to end the war from either side.

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 02:18 PM
In the Democrats' defense, they have passed bills issuing a deadline for withdrawal only to have President Bush veto it. Then they didn't have enough votes to overturn the veto. So in a sense they're correct in saying they don't have enough votes to end the war. That's why it's seemed as though they haven't done anything because every time a bill is passed that GW doesn't like he vetoes it knowing full well it won't be overturned.

Now that's not to say that the Dems are innocent. I think almost all of them are equally responsible for this war as the Republicans are and I don't think there's enough of a push to end the war from either side.

SamuraisWisdom
08-17-2008, 02:50 PM

No kidding right?

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 02:52 PM
No kidding right? No kidding, RIGHT! :D

Brian Defferding
08-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes....they are being controlled and for all the reasons plus some that I stated above in my long post. But it sure as hell does NOT have anything to do with your original post:

As SpeciallyBlend stated...it was their freaking platform that they ran on!

...in which they betrayed the voting public on, for the reasons which I did state in my original post.

PatriotOne
08-17-2008, 03:15 PM
...in which they betrayed the voting public on, for the reasons which I did state in my original post.

Let me see if I have this straight. Your argument is:

Yeah, the Dems are too scared to be labeled as the party that defunds the military

even though it is the platform they ran on and won. And yet you think they are worried about losing political favor with the people by defunding the war?

All I have to say is put down the glass of fluoride and slowly back away. You have some seriously flawed logic and may be brain damaged :eek:

Anti Federalist
08-17-2008, 03:21 PM
No kidding, RIGHT! :D

No!

Kidding...

Right!!

I finally clicked on that link, classic, wish I had thought of that.:D

syborius
08-17-2008, 03:43 PM
The Democrats do care.

haha, what planet are you living on?

spudea
08-17-2008, 06:08 PM
its a damn lie. 236 Democrats in the house. You only need 222 "no" votes to stop a war funding bill. If the funding bill never reaches the president, HE CAN'T SIGN IT and thus can't continue the war. The dems basically agree that we can't leave immediately, and hastily. No cut and run.

boot em all out!

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
No!

Kidding...

Right!!

I finally clicked on that link, classic, wish I had thought of that.:D

Me too. :D

I have a very old one around here some place titled, "How to Achieve Your Freedom Through Political Action and Other Forms of Violence".

A much smaller book but the plot is exactly the same. ;)