PDA

View Full Version : How does a racist like Michael Weiner have his own radio show in America?

Liberty Star
08-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I have to admit he brings good deal of passion to the talk radio and his rhetoric is often rich, colorful and entertaining. But how come seemingly racist views of this unstable pundit are allowed on public airwaves whereas as PC forces have brought down other MSM TV hosts for much less display of racism?

Just stumbled on this recent Savage rant which seems not uncharacteristic:

Quote:

Michael Savage blasts Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHicPfdvDM

This is more recent news about the puppet "Shah" he wanted installed interfering in other countries internal democratic systems:

Quote:

Musharraf given deadline to quit or be impeached

By NAHAL TOOSI – 2 hours ago

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iWe152N60O8rfHfthVTBaXBeBs3wD92JGN306

nate895
08-16-2008, 02:31 PM
I think the man is a fool, not a racist. I used to listen to him, but his ability to agree with someone, and then come back the the next day on the show and blast their views really ticked me off. He has Barry Goldwater, Jr. on sometimes, and agrees with him, then goes on to blast Ron Paul and all that he stands for. It really confuses me.

Agent Chameleon
08-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I think the guy is a deceiver. He deliberately says outrageous things like autism doesn't really exist just to make conservatives look bad.

Liberty Star
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I think the man is a fool, not a racist. I used to listen to him, but his ability to agree with someone, and then come back the the next day on the show and blast their views really ticked me off. He has Barry Goldwater, Jr. on sometimes, and agrees with him, then goes on to blast Ron Paul and all that he stands for. It really confuses me.

I think your observation is right own about his radical inconsistencies, I have noticed the same. He would say something in one breath that I could agree with and in next breath goes in exact opposite direction at full steam. He might be just a mentally unstable fool but there can be found plenty material in his rants that would be called 'racist' by PC police that have brought down other MSM TV hosts for much less "offensive" views.

Kludge
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Who?

Liberty Star
08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I think the guy is a deceiver. He deliberately says outrageous things like autism doesn't really exist just to make conservatives look bad.

He's a neocon, I won't call him a conservative.

Matt Collins
08-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Savage has a radio show because he generates a lot of money. I think he has emotional problems myself and borders on depression (then again he could be a great actor).

Watch the clip of him getting kicked off of MSNBC for telling some ***** to get AIDS, die, and choke on a sausage. It's freakin hilarious.

In the end you have to remember that everything in the media is about entertainment value. A talk show host's only job is to keep you listening long enough so that you listen through the commercials. Same thing for the news. CNN, MSNBC, CNN, Hannity, Savage. Al Franken, Beck, etc are all entertainers who want to keep you listening so that their net worth increases due to sponsorship fees.

I am a professional talk radio producer so I have a bit of background on this.

Agent Chameleon
08-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Yes, that's true, but most of the public doesn't know the difference between a conservative and neocon.

He takes advantage of the public's ignorance.

nate895
08-16-2008, 02:48 PM

The most confusing thing about him: he attacks neocons, at the same time as professing their beliefs.

Liberty Star
08-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Savage has a radio show because he generates a lot of money. I think he has emotional problems myself and borders on depression (then again he could be a great actor).

Watch the clip of him getting kicked off of MSNBC for telling some ***** to get AIDS, die, and choke on a sausage. It's freakin hilarious.

In the end you have to remember that everything in the media is about entertainment value. A talk show host's only job is to keep you listening long enough so that you listen through the commercials. Same thing for the news. CNN, MSNBC, CNN, Hannity, Savage. Al Franken, Beck, etc are all entertainers who want to keep you listening so that their net worth increases due to sponsorship fees.

Good points, for ratings and entertainment value, a lot can be acceptable which otherwise may be deemed "unfit" for airwaves.
But there is always a line between being outrageous to pull ratings and losing your license because of PC pressures, Weiner seems to get away with more outrageous talk than others it seems.

Who?

Michael Weiner who also goes by radio name of Michael Savage.

GreenCardSeeker
08-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I guess the reason Savage is able to stay on is that he's a Jew and is also pushing Zionist politics part of the time. About the autism issue, his brother who died at a young age in some institution was as I understand it severly autistic and never spoke a word. I get the impression that he holds psychiatry responsible for his brother's death, that's why he brings up the topic now and then. That's the main reason I have sympathy for him, trying to protect children from getting put on drugs. And on the topic of autism, I see some indications that he's got what's called Asperger's syndrome. I'm not sure whether he would accept a diagnosis or not, probably not, since the reason he called a majority of the people with such diagnoses brats is because he most likely went through the same ordeals and didn't need any help. I personally have been diagnosed with this syndrome here in Sweden and pestered with insulting initiatives I really didn't want, so he has my sympathies when he's trying to fight the unnecessary diagnosing. On foreign policy, I really can't agree with him though of course.

I like that they've not been able to silence him, though I wish other radio hosts would have been able to stay on as well, it's always a victory for free speech if people don't get silenced. Political talk radio seems really nice to have, it doesn't exist here in Sweden, probably not much in the rest of Europe either. A few months back, when it was discovered a man with air time on a national radio station let callers onto the show and speak their minds, there was a bit of whining about it in mass media since by their standards it was "racist" when callers could speak out on immigration.

Agent Chameleon
08-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I guess the reason Savage is able to stay on is that he's a Jew and is also pushing Zionist politics part of the time.

What does being a Jew have to do with anything? Replace Jew with liberal pawn. ;p

The_Orlonater
08-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Savage is fucking insane. I've heard him on the radio.

ItsTime
08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
why shouldnt a racist have a radio show if he can get listeners?

devil21
08-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok. His real name is Weiner and he talks about sausages alot. Then cracks on gay people? Yeah really, come on out of the closet Michael.

BCR_9er
08-16-2008, 05:01 PM
How does a racist like Michael Weiner have his own radio show in America?

It's his first ammendment right. ;)

Mach
08-16-2008, 11:19 PM
He hasn't changed, the only difference now is that he sells.... Shock & Awe!

http://marklevinfan.com/PhotoAlbum/albums/userpics/10001/Weiner26.jpg

Liberty Star
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
The most confusing thing about him: he attacks neocons, at the same time as professing their beliefs.

Yes, that's true, but most of the public doesn't know the difference between a conservative and neocon.

He takes advantage of the public's ignorance.

Other neocons appear "moderate" next to him. I have heard him attack both Bush and neocons for not having bombed Iraq back into stone age. Guy maybe seriously depressed or mentally ill if not an exceptional actor as Matt noted above.

I like that they've not been able to silence him, though I wish other radio hosts would have been able to stay on as well, it's always a victory for free speech if people don't get silenced. ..

Neither do I, but I would like to see more level playing ground for all types of views. Corportate media run as a business does not allow fair expression of all POVs.

why shouldnt a racist have a radio show if he can get listeners?

That was sort of rhetorical question, I really wanted to bring up issue of some inherent unfairness in media the way it is setup.

It's his first ammendment right. ;)

I agree. But it has to be applied across teh board LOL

He hasn't changed, the only difference now is that he sells.... Shock & Awe!

http://marklevinfan.com/PhotoAlbum/albums/userpics/10001/Weiner26.jpg

Had his herbal supplement sales business gone well, perhaps we would have been spared from his shock n awe rants LOL

orafi
08-17-2008, 03:57 PM
LOL HIS LAST NAME IS.. WiENER!

Truth Warrior
08-17-2008, 04:31 PM
High enough listener ratings to please the sponsors and to just sell more advertising. ;)

Same question and answer about Howard Stern, etc. :rolleyes:

Nobody ever went broke in underestimating the tastes of the American people.

JoshLowry
08-17-2008, 05:11 PM

dejavu

Have you posted this somewhere before? :o

Captain America
08-17-2008, 05:29 PM
i dont believe he is racist, he is a great story teller.

Matt Collins
08-17-2008, 08:27 PM
dejavu

Have you posted this somewhere before? :oI dunno... probably... My memory sucks and I tend to repeat myself sometimes.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-18-2008, 01:44 AM
I have to admit he brings good deal of passion to the talk radio and his rhetoric is often rich, colorful and entertaining. But how come seemingly racist views of this unstable pundit are allowed on public airwaves whereas as PC forces have brought down other MSM TV hosts for much less display of racism?

Just stumbled on this recent Savage rant which seems not uncharacteristic:

Quote:

Michael Savage blasts Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHicPfdvDM

This is more recent news about the puppet "Shah" he wanted installed interfering in other countries internal democratic systems:

Quote:

Musharraf given deadline to quit or be impeached

By NAHAL TOOSI – 2 hours ago

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iWe152N60O8rfHfthVTBaXBeBs3wD92JGN306

Unspoken Rule #0: When confronted by an issue about Jews and Israel, excuse oneself with the excuse that one needs to first make and eat a peanut butter sandwich before addressing the question. Then sneak out the back door after fixing the sandwich. Remember, it is always better to eat a peanut butter sandwich than tempt political fate by answering questions about Jews and Israel.

Truth Warrior
08-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Unspoken Rule #0: When confronted by an issue about Jews and Israel, excuse oneself with the excuse that one needs to first make and eat a peanut butter sandwich before addressing the question. Then sneak out the back door after fixing the sandwich. Remember, it is always better to eat a peanut butter sandwich than tempt political fate by answering questions about Jews and Israel. The Rothschilds already know who you are, where you live, and what kind of peanut butter you eat. :D

devil21
08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Unspoken Rule #0: When confronted by an issue about Jews and Israel, excuse oneself with the excuse that one needs to first make and eat a peanut butter sandwich before addressing the question. Then sneak out the back door after fixing the sandwich. Remember, it is always better to eat a peanut butter sandwich than tempt political fate by answering questions about Jews and Israel.

Maybe if you're a pussy. :rolleyes:

I love riling the zionists up every chance I get.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Maybe if you're a pussy. :rolleyes:

I love riling the zionists up every chance I get.

This is a good point that I wish to address right after I make a peanut butter sandwich. Excuse me . . .
'Step' . . . 'Step' . . . 'Step' . . . 'Step' . . . "creak" . . . "SLAM!"