PDA

View Full Version : Now we are neo-isolationists

SWATH
08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I just heard the sit in host on the Rush Limbaugh show call a Korean war vet a "neo-isolationist" because he wants us to leave Iraq and leave Korea. He then goes on to say, thank Gof for the Korean war, thank God for the Vietnam war, we were are are continuing the fight for freedom.

Omnis
08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
What will come after the greek prefixes when they're all used up?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Not totally unbelievable.

I was leaving the bowling alley last night and started talking to a guy from another team who I know is a very hard right conservative. One of the guys from his team starts piping up about Iraq, saying how we have to be there to protect the Iraqis, and it's only right for us to help them. He got into this whole rant about we need to be there for 10, 20, 50 years if necessary, because we're eventually going to "win" the war, and they're going to "pay us back" with all their oil. He said that the Iraqis owe us for our generosity and kindness.

All I could do was shake my head at how this poor guy has been so neo-conned.

I told him that I too, was a very conservative Republican, but felt the war should have ended when we deposed Saddam. And, even then, going in to Iraq in the first place was debatable. Also, if you believe we are doing the Iraqi people a favor, do you also believe troops should be in Darfur, or any other place in the world where you feel people are being oppressed? And, if you feel that way, should the United States be police of the world? How much of your check are you willing to fork over to police the world, then? Are you willing to keep your children in debt for this?

The hard-right guy agreed with me. The neo-con was silenced.

Kregener
08-31-2007, 12:08 PM
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

RP08
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Hah. Did you hear that caller just say that people are leaning toward Libertarianism which he thinks is dangerous because (as he says) "Libertarians are willing to sacrifice virtue and goodness for freedom" Then the host says "news flash! freedom IS a virtue! <STFU>"

hard@work
08-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Not only will we stop imposing ourselves on other nations, we will open up trade and dialogue with them and ultimately increase travel and cultural exchange between us.

There is no better way to spread liberty than the way we did it after the original revolution.

cujothekitten
08-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Now we are neo-isolationists
No we're not, we are non-interventionists. There is a distinct difference and we shouldn't allow them to label us as such.

If people are saying we're isolationists then show them that they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Use North Korea as an example.

Thomas Jefferson
08-31-2007, 01:02 PM
No surprise. Rush will endorse all the wars in the world as long as he isn't personally involved and his guest hosts mirror that sentiment.

lucius
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM
..."neo-isolationist"...

How 'bout "neo-put-a-foot-up-your-a**!"

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Just had lunch with a few real estate develpors - and beside bitching and moaning about land values they were all thanking goodness for the WAR because even though it's hurting the country they know it's a shorterm money injection into our economy!

SwordOfShannarah
08-31-2007, 03:28 PM
I'd rather be a neo-isolationist than a neo-con artist.