PDA

View Full Version : Really Cookin!

kittyc
08-16-2008, 11:40 AM
GRANNY WARRIORS
"Granny's Home Cookin"

The book, is ready for the market. With lots of editing and rewriting the book is finally ready to go to the printers. We will have the copies back by Friday of next week and ready for shipment. This book has been hard labor for me as there are so many little things which can make preparations for living decently in times of need that I want to add but had to try to pick the most important to keep the book from becoming a novel. I have received so many calls wanting to know if it will tell how to do this or that. I chose the most relevant formulas which will be so useful to everyone. To those of you that know me also know I love to talk so it was hard to cut it down to a reasonable size.

It includes: How to: Can your own meat, butter, vegetables and the most delicious and quick pickles ever.

Formulas for Cleaning products

Formulas for paint, glue, safe pesticides

Medicinal applications

Wild Game recipes

Long term storage of staples ie: flour, sugar etc.

To get the book go to our newly updated website: www.grannywarriors.com and click on our Store in the upper left hand corner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buddy is a big help in my work getting a stock pile of supplies. I have beaned myself out in the past few weeks. We now have 12 cases of fresh canned string beans ready for the storage house. I am lucky as Tim runs a produce warehouse and brings home any cases of produce that has started to have some spoilage. It takes a while but why waste good vegetables when it just takes some time to go through them and pick out the good? Last month is was tomatoes, if a tomato had just a slight mar it was tossed. Not here, it got the bad spot cut out and canned. I made 2 cases of ketcup alone plus cases of stewed tomatoes and Spagetti sauce, Chili and Salsa.

If you live near a farm or produce stand go talk to the people, they would love to have someone pick up the produce they cannot sell. Most of it has just a small area that is damaged in shipping or handling and is perfectly good once the bad spots are removed. Many times it is a matter of being "Too Ripe" which is perfect for home canning. My next adventure will be with Peaches, there are 4 boxes sitting in my kitchen right now calling my name while I am sitting here talking again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Granny Warriors will be on the warpath again this week end. We just found that our own home town is trying to become a Sanctuary City. The article is from yesterdays paper.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880815051

ASHEVILLE – Students and Hispanic advocates are planning a march through downtown Asheville Saturday evening to criticize a recent immigration raid at a Woodfin manufacturing plant.

Members of the faith community also plan to hold a prayer vigil Sunday for immigrants and their families at a downtown church.

The march will begin at 5 p.m. at the Vance Monument and end in Pritchard Park, where community activists are expected to speak, organizers said.

“We’re, first of all, condemning the raid that happened in our community and insisting that no other raids take place in our county,” said Joelle Kellem, an organizer who is a Warren Wilson College student. Kellem said they would also call for comprehensive immigration reform and begin lobbying City Council to make Asheville a sanctuary city. The vigil will take place Sunday between 3-4 p.m. at First Congregational Church of Christ at 20 Oak Street.

Agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided the Mills Manufacturing plant Tuesday morning, arresting 57 workers who they said entered the country illegally and presented fraudulent employment documents. Agents released 29 workers who had children or other pressing needs with orders to appear in immigration court, while the rest remain in detention in Charlotte and Georgia, officials said.

You can do something to help

www.ncminuteman.com

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life". -John F. Kennedy

Jack Blood

Our favorite news person has a forum where you can voice your opinions and hear from others. http://www.jackbloodforum.com/phpBB3/

On Friday Jack openly endorsed Penny Langford Freeman as a candidate for Governor of Texas. We will be working hard to get this lady elected. If we can manage to beat the system as it stands now with fair voting reforms and make Texas one of the first states which stands up to the Feds it will be a starting point for other states to reclaim their citizen's rights.

With all the upsets going on in the Liberty and Freedom Radio stations Jack is a steady voice standing for his principles and advocating fairness and freedom without hysterics and exagerations.

Listen daily on "Deadline Live" on the www.GCNLIVE.com network.

We hate to say good bye to Mike Chambers of the Truth Net Radio as financial and personal problems forced his station off the air. The Midnight Rider will be missed.

Folks we have to get behind these brave souls who daily risk their safety and freedom to tell us the real news.

http://jackblood.netfirms.com/home/support.html

Please go and make a small donation, any amount will be appreciated and help keep Jack on the air.

Everyone have a good week end and stay safe, keep on collecting your supplies and keep an eye out for any odd occurances in your neighborhoods. Stay in touch with each other, know who you can trust and be a trustworthy friend and neighbor. We have to depend on each other as the Government has proven they are not our friends, saviors or even listen to us.

The future of this country is strictly up to us.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Self promoter.

DAFTEK
08-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Self promoter.

You would know ;)

forsmant
08-16-2008, 11:46 AM
:)

Kotin
08-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't like the granny warriors.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I despise the granny warriors.

Same here.

Kludge
08-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Same here.

Idunno Joe, they seem to be the underdogs. It may hurt your status and reputation if you do not have faith and support them...

IPSecure
08-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't like the granny warriors.

I do!

Thanks kittyc...

JosephTheLibertarian
08-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't they have homes to take care of? Husbands to tend to? hm

Granny Warrior
09-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Don't they have homes to take care of? Husbands to tend to? hm

All of us are married but at our age we are able to get away and stand up and yell about what we are concerned about.. Not like many of you that sit behind a computer screen and try to sound smart. We are not intelects nor are we stupid and have a lot of years behind us giving us a lot of experience in many areas.

I personally don't care a twit if anyone of you likes me or not. I do what I think is right and get out to the public not just on these forums which actually do absolutely nothing to promote anything other than yourselves and your inflated egos.

constituent
09-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I do what I think is right and get out to the public not just on these forums which actually do absolutely nothing to promote anything other than yourselves and your inflated egos.

Granny, were it so terrible you wouldn't come here to hawk your wares (which is fine w/ me that you do) and you know it.

Also, if this place is so terrible and insignificant that you feel the need to come here and bash the ONLINE (yea, we're real people too) efforts of those who congregate here, then kindly gtfo.

Thanks.

Signed,

My Inflated Ego