PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my response re: the UN/Iraq

Santana28
08-31-2007, 10:51 AM
My friend sent me this. He's recently been turned on to Ron Paul, though i wouldn't say he's 100% yet. He was formerly a die-hard Obama supporter. Help me answer him. I was talking to him about the NH ad script and about how soldiers are fighting to enforce UN resolutions and this is what he wrote me :

"Listen, I don't label myself as a Democrat nor do I label myself as a Republican. I am a citizen who follows the news every day, and I don't put a extroverted political opinion onto my beliefs in accordance to party beliefs. I feel that people who do that are sheep.

What is with the UN resolution thing?

The Iraq War was a Republican extremist catastrophy.
The UN was against the Iraq war, and we had to convince them that the war was a real threat by providing them with evidence that Iraq had contained Weapons of Mass Destruction. It turned out they never had, nor have we come across them yet. Collin Powell resigned, reported to have said on his way out to the press that it was all a bunch of BS and that he was misinformed. This was a US resolution.
The UN was skeptical. The only countries who signed on were very few; Australia, Spain, Poland, to name a few, and of course, America.

Iraq war was not a UN resolution.
A good majority of my close friends are all soldiers, most of them special forces. They also consider themselves mercenaries because they went to the armed forces to get paid.
Other countries draft their soldiers at 18, so they will not make irresonpsible decissions as we have because their sons and daughters fight at the cost of their decissions.

If you were to come to me and criticize the Iraq war, your point of view had better be somewhere along the lines of deregulating corperate ties in our country whom profited from the Iraq war. ( boeing, Exon etc.)

I would not put the UN resolutions in the same line as the Iraq war. You do not want to relate the two.

---------------