PDA

View Full Version : Staying one step ahead of the detractors

wecandoit
05-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm hearing that diebold machines will be used in NH, does this worry anyone else?

I'm worried that by the time Iowa and NH roll around, the actual support for Ron Paul will be equal to or better than any of the current so called front runners, but it still won't be reflected in the polls that are released.

I'm also worried that the vote in the first few primaries and cacauses will be manipulated to reflect the bogus polls.

What can we do, or should we be doing, to insure that voters will have a verifiable record of how they voted early on?

We have to forget looking at these polls released by the national media, and not be discouraged by what they say. I am confident that they will not allow a national poll to be released that shows Paul any higher than 3%, regardless of how much support he actually has.

What we have to do is concentrate on ways to make sure people who support Ron Paul, VOTE for Ron Paul, then double and triple check to make sure their vote was counted FOR Ron Paul.

A backup plan to prove how many voted for Ron Paul might not be a bad idea either. A petition type signing at every polling place for people to sign who had
just voted for RP.

We need to be prepared for every possibilty. Any additional thoughts on this?

KingTheoden
05-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Cut and pasted from another forum I post on:

The answer is yes he can [win NH]- but only if we act now. At my MeetUp group, we determined a few important points will be vital to a successful Ron Paul candidacy. We need to be sure our states have official campaign headquarters and if they do not, make them. We also need to have in our bags, briefcases, or whatever kind of tote voter registration forms so that those interested can be registered.

Though not necessarily vital to his winning, I think it would be a good idea to keep track of our activity e.g. number of bumper stickers distributed, voters registered, pledges of monetary support, etc. This will give us data that can indicate what is working, how much progress we are making, and what our weak points are.

For the most part, I believe we should explain Ron Paul in simple and easy to understand terms- for the most part. I have found in very cursory investigation that there is a large pool of potential Ron Paul converts in Democrat and Independent ranks. We need to register them and keep them on our team (not hard to do when the Democrats seem to be doing this for us).

Final note: be aware of trolls. Chances are you will never encounter an actual 'agent' but you will cross paths with people not on our side in some respect. If you find a Libertarian Party coordinator in your group, be advised: they might be more interested in getting LP registrations (as I found last night). Make it clear that this campaign is not about 'educating the people' or giving exposure to the Libertarian Party. This is about getting Ron Paul elected because he is an upstanding statesman who offers an American vision in line with the Constitution and the people.

---On the issue of voter fraud, we have to be sure to have organization so that we can appoint poll watchers. Furthermore, once Dr. Paul is included in the telephone polls, he will rise. In order to prevent a primary day coup, we need to keep tallies of supporter counts; if we have clear evidence of thousands of supporters in states, and even more pledged voters, it will be VERY hard to cheat because it would be bald faced to the point of saying 'we are not a free nation.'

wecandoit
05-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Cut and pasted from another forum I post on:

The answer is yes he can [win NH]- but only if we act now. At my MeetUp group, we determined a few important points will be vital to a successful Ron Paul candidacy. We need to be sure our states have official campaign headquarters and if they do not, make them. We also need to have in our bags, briefcases, or whatever kind of tote voter registration forms so that those interested can be registered.

Though not necessarily vital to his winning, I think it would be a good idea to keep track of our activity e.g. number of bumper stickers distributed, voters registered, pledges of monetary support, etc. This will give us data that can indicate what is working, how much progress we are making, and what our weak points are.

For the most part, I believe we should explain Ron Paul in simple and easy to understand terms- for the most part. I have found in very cursory investigation that there is a large pool of potential Ron Paul converts in Democrat and Independent ranks. We need to register them and keep them on our team (not hard to do when the Democrats seem to be doing this for us).

Final note: be aware of trolls. Chances are you will never encounter an actual 'agent' but you will cross paths with people not on our side in some respect. If you find a Libertarian Party coordinator in your group, be advised: they might be more interested in getting LP registrations (as I found last night). Make it clear that this campaign is not about 'educating the people' or giving exposure to the Libertarian Party. This is about getting Ron Paul elected because he is an upstanding statesman who offers an American vision in line with the Constitution and the people.

---On the issue of voter fraud, we have to be sure to have organization so that we can appoint poll watchers. Furthermore, once Dr. Paul is included in the telephone polls, he will rise. In order to prevent a primary day coup, we need to keep tallies of supporter counts; if we have clear evidence of thousands of supporters in states, and even more pledged voters, it will be VERY hard to cheat because it would be bald faced to the point of saying 'we are not a free nation.'

Glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking this way.

Needless to say, I don't trust the election process very much, and how polls are announced even less. Everything we do has to be overkill, to make stealing votes from RP almost impossible.

I would still stress to people not to pay any attention to national polls being released. Don't get encouraged by good numbers, don't be discouraged by bad numbers.

They will use the polls to manipulate public feeling, not reflect it. It's the first part of a two part plan to steal an election. Tell the masses that Paul only has 3%, then make sure the election results show that, by any means neccesary, thus deflating the entire movement across the country.

We have to forget what the polls show, then be on guard every step of the way, from every angle, when it comes time to cast actual votes.

overkill.

wecandoit
05-29-2007, 08:17 PM
shameless bump..due to the recent distress of the latest NH "poll"

Elwar
05-31-2007, 10:39 AM
All Ron Paul supporters should use absentee ballots this year. They are the only method of voting where there is a record of your vote.

If someone could get the information on how to request an absentee ballot to all Ron Paul voters in each state, that'd be great.

The big surprise will come when the "chosen candidate" wins on election day...but after counting the absentee ballots they find that Ron Paul actually won...and they have documented proof.

wecandoit
05-31-2007, 12:08 PM
All Ron Paul supporters should use absentee ballots this year. They are the only method of voting where there is a record of your vote.

If someone could get the information on how to request an absentee ballot to all Ron Paul voters in each state, that'd be great.

The big surprise will come when the "chosen candidate" wins on election day...but after counting the absentee ballots they find that Ron Paul actually won...and they have documented proof.

Good idea.

I'm not worried about Ron Paul having enough support, as much as I'm worried about his support translating into votes that are cast AND counted.