PDA

View Full Version : Liking RP is apparently the "cool thing to do" now...

Starks
08-31-2007, 09:16 AM
I always wonder how many of the people on Digg acutally like RP, and are not just blind bandwagoners who like RP just to fit in...

jonahtrainer
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I always wonder how many of the people on Digg acutally like RP, and are not just blind bandwagoners who like RP just to fit in...

I ran into two friends I hadn't seen for about a year. We got to talking about some political stuff and they asked me about Ron Paul. Come to find out he learned about Ron Paul on Digg and they both strongly support Ron Paul. I think a lot of people research Ron Paul and the strength of his ideas persuades them. People are waking up and getting pissed.

For exampe, his wiki time is higher (http://blog.compete.com/2007/08/30/presidential-candidates-wikipedia-ron-paul/) than any other candidate's and a higher percentage of wiki readers visit his website.

bc2208
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
If 60% of the country joins the bandwagon, I don't give a wooden nickel about their reasoning.

austin356
08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
If 60% of the country joins the bandwagon, I don't give a wooden nickel about their reasoning.

60%?

Hell all we need is 6% to win!!!!!

FSP-Rebel
08-31-2007, 11:24 AM
'Supporting/liking Ron Paul' should be our marketing slogan for all of the college age kids. Kids my age tend to like to hear of something being popular first, before actually looking into a particular thing--The Bandwagon Effect. 'COOL' says it all...

hard@work
08-31-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm planning on taking advantage of the "cool" factor in regards to Liberty from a business aspect. I'm tired of seeing the kids around town wearing communist propoganda because they are upset with the corruption and apathy of the American people. So I'm starting a little T-shirt biz and branding company that will promote Liberty and freedom as the real rebellious idea.

Young people see us for what we are. The more we age the more we forget at how easy it is for youth to see through our bullshit. Excuse the french there but it's the truth. I love 'em and I want to help them secure their country, why not do it at their level?

:-D

speciallyblend
08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm planning on taking advantage of the "cool" factor in regards to Liberty from a business aspect. I'm tired of seeing the kids around town wearing communist propaganda because they are upset with the corruption and apathy of the American people. So I'm starting a little T-shirt biz and branding company that will promote Liberty and freedom as the real rebellious idea.

Young people see us for what we are. The more we age the more we forget at how easy it is for youth to see through our bullshit. Excuse the French there but it's the truth. I love 'em and I want to help them secure their country, why not do it at their level?

:-D

Just started my Ron Paul Meet Up for Lake/Eagle/Summit Counties which are Copper Mtn/Frisco/Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Dillon/Keystone/A-basin/Minturn/Red Cliff/Vail/Beaver Creek/Edwards/Avon ,alot to tackle,but i hope with supporters we can cause Ron Paul Mania all over Ron Paul friendly territory;) anyone interested in helping me advertise Ron Paul's message in central Colorado.The meet up groups are all over Colorado,and it sounds like the front range groups are very organized .HOW about a Liberty Flight across the Colorado Front Range;)????That would make national news and all the Colorado media.I'm planning on a Ron Paul Tour across my counties and the local papers here should be favorable..

constituent
08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
it is so funny that it could be 'cool' to support ron paul.

everyone around here either does or doesn't, has/hasn't. i'm so used to going elsewhere and telling people about my representative and having them look at me like i'm a total nut or something, 'you mean you actually care?'

remaxjon
08-31-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm always ahead of what the cool thing to do is. Thats why I'm so cool

FSP-Rebel
08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Well, at least we can say that we supported Dr. Paul before it was 'cool.' Actually, I don't think it has ever been un-cool to support Dr. Paul:cool:

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm always ahead of what the cool thing to do is. Thats why I'm so cool

I aggree - you are way ahaed of your time everytime - and what is uncool about RP, he's anti establishment and anti New world Order!

slantedview
08-31-2007, 03:12 PM

yep. pretty much what i was going to say.

hard@work
08-31-2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.myspace.com/knightsofliberty

lol.

ghemminger
yep. pretty much what i was going to say.

We need only 60% name reconition my friends ant it GAME OVER - We win!!!

Thomas Jefferson
Each vote is worth the same as the next.

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Each vote is worth the same as the next.

Yup - but a very SMALL percentage of people actually decide elections in US

njandrewg
08-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Well, at least we can say that we supported Dr. Paul before it was 'cool.' Actually, I don't think it has ever been un-cool to support Dr. Paul:cool:
right after the debate where Rudy "slammed" him. Everyone...everywhere was telling him its over.

Funny how that turned out :D

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:17 PM
right after the debate where Rudy "slammed" him. Everyone...everywhere was telling him its over.

Funny how that turned out :D

Rudy is DeadMEAT - NO SUPPORT

McDermit
08-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Rudy is DeadMEAT - NO SUPPORT

Seriously. Rudy's lady friend grew up here.. and comes back and tries to promote him from time to time. And even the people HERE hate him. I've seen more anti-Rudy bumper stickers than pro-anyone stickers. It's awesome.

1000-points-of-fright
08-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Just wait, when RP starts doing really well or gets the nomination, the MSM and the nay-sayers will start acting like they were behind him the whole time. It will be especially fun to see the neocons like Hannity change their tune just because he is the GOP nominee.

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Just wait, when RP starts doing really well or gets the nomination, the MSM and the nay-sayers will start acting like they were behind him the whole time. It will be especially fun to see the neocons like Hannity change their tune just because he is the GOP nominee.

Yeah I have been thinking about this - and when this happens should all these Aholes be replaced by real RP supporters - Mybe we should all be talking Heads on DJ's sight and then the MSM will pick us up when the RP Rocket takes off!

1000-points-of-fright
08-31-2007, 03:46 PM
I've been also wondering what our response should be. Should we welcome them and their support or should we call them out as the hypocritical opportunistic spineless rat bastards that they are?

Maybe we should welcome them before the election and then slam them after he wins.

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
I've been also wondering what our response should be. Should we welcome them and their support or should we call them out as the hypocritical opportunistic spineless rat bastards that they are?

Maybe we should welcome them before the election and then slam them after he wins.

This sounds good! If Ron Paul takes off like I think he will, there will be a whole new slot of talking head positions on FOX and beyond!

Paulitician
08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Apparently it's a fad too, which is funny because Ron Paul supporters seem to most enthused and serious of anyone supporting a candidate right now.

quickmike
08-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Apparently it's a fad too, which is funny because Ron Paul supporters seem to most enthused and serious of anyone supporting a candidate right now.

I think we need to get the goth vote as well. To get them, you pretty much have to tell them that Ron Paul is not cool, and they will jump on board like crazy just to seem different. Tell them "Ron Paul? Hes not mainstream enough" and just sit back and wait.................. like moths to the flame.:D

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 04:48 PM
I think we need to get the goth vote as well. To get them, you pretty much have to tell them that Ron Paul is not cool, and they will jump on board like crazy just to seem different. Tell them "Ron Paul? Hes not mainstream enough" and just sit back and wait.................. like moths to the flame.:D

Yeah thats perfect - but actually u don't have to tell them anything the MSM is doing it for us!

jonahtrainer
08-31-2007, 04:49 PM

This is an addictive fad. Freedom is Popular. When people start getting involved in the cause of freedom it is as if the fire of liberty begins to burn in the hearts and in their bones. The more action they take the hotter the fire burns and the happier the person feels.

President John Adams recounted James Otis speaking out against the Writs of Assistance:

But Otis was a flame of fire ! … American Independence was then and there born. The seeds of Patriots and Heroes, to defend the non sine Diis animosus infans;-to defend the vigorous youth were then and there sown. Every man, of an immense crowded audience, appeared to me to go away as I did, ready to take arms against writs of assistance. Then, and there, was the first scene of the first act of opposition to the arbitrary claims of Great Britain-then and there the child Independence was born. In fifteen years, i. e. in 1776, he grew up to manhood, and declared himself free.

John Adams, Annals of the American Revolution or a Record of the Causes and Events (http://books.google.com/books?id=TbquJQo5Ic0C&pg=PA225&dq=Annals+of+the+American+Revolution+or+a+Record+o f+the+Causes+and+Events&output=html) pg 225 (Jedidiah Morse ed., Hartford1824) (1818).