PDA

View Full Version : Way to go, Manhattan

FluffyUnbound
08-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Manhattan pulls into the Meetup competition lead by donating - get this - $8194 since the last update.

Dang guys!

Could Irvine and Philadelphia be holding their donations back, waiting to pull a Mayor Daley at the last minute? Maybe not, because poor Philly donated over 5 grand since the last update, but Manhattan still overtook them.

I now estimate that the minimum amount raised by the top 25 is $139,055. Again, Tucson didn't used to be last, and based on their previous positions in the competition I estimate they have raised a minimum of $667.

wolv275
08-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Haha it seems Ron Paul is accepting donations from special interest, constitutional special interest. Great job

jonahtrainer
08-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Manhattan pulls into the Meetup competition lead by donating - get this - $8194 since the last update.

Dang guys!

Could Irvine and Philadelphia be holding their donations back, waiting to pull a Mayor Daley at the last minute? Maybe not, because poor Philly donated over 5 grand since the last update, but Manhattan still overtook them.

I now estimate that the minimum amount raised by the top 25 is $139,055. Again, Tucson didn't used to be last, and based on their previous positions in the competition I estimate they have raised a minimum of $667.

I would put the Top 25 raising at least above $300,000. Probably closer to $500,000. Made a spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=puIJH5JqrWfTnSfcTbUsvIQ&gid=1)to show it.

Remember, when they asked for $50,000 for the new lease? I went back and analyzed the Q2 numbers and they brought in $50k in one day after they asked for it. By the end of the quarter they were averaging $25-30k/day.

FluffyUnbound
08-31-2007, 08:45 AM
I would put the Top 25 raising at least above $300,000. Probably closer to $500,000. Made a spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=puIJH5JqrWfTnSfcTbUsvIQ&gid=1)to show it.

Remember, when they asked for $50,000 for the new lease? I went back and analyzed the Q2 numbers and they brought in $50k in one day after they asked for it. By the end of the quarter they were averaging $25-30k/day.

I think it's very likely well above my minimum number as well. How much farther above I'm too gunshy to say after the 2Q episode.

Johnnybags
08-31-2007, 08:55 AM
all the other candidates staff pouring over the competitions fundraising strategies. None of the others could accomplish this with meetup members, they need special interests to fund them. I heard Mitt is 8 million into it out of his own pocket. McCain is broke, Thompson is getting the Bushites for now and Rudy the shady NY and security special interest, NAU stuff. Of course the MSM will not report it but I think we will. Obama, give him credit, is getting the public as well as special interest but he is on the other side. All this is exclusive of all the other projects from grassroots going on which totals millions in my opinion. I swear he should charge 11,500 to go around the country in small historical theatres to give speaches and split the gate with the theatre owner.

Johnnybags
08-31-2007, 02:37 PM
I am guessing that the leader has 32k raised so my totals are a bit less than your top # but I think we will clear 500k easily when all totals and meetup groups numbers are in. It truly is wonderful to see.

FluffyUnbound
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
It would be nice if they announced the winner as part of Ron's acceptance speech after he wins the TX Straw Poll.

Cowlesy
08-31-2007, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't expect a winner to be announced until next week. Lots of people probably stuck an envelope in the mail postmarked today which will need to be included in the totals.

I have a feeling the campaign treasurer's eyes are bugging out today as the board of donors on the main website is cycling through extremely quickly---tons of PA and CA people. New York probably got too complacent. My bet is Philly takes it as they have the alliance going with several other meetup groups.

Whoever wins, it all goes to the same man that we are going to get in the White House one way or another. My hope is for $500k plus.

abstrusezincate
08-31-2007, 03:08 PM
It's a nice try to try to pretend that NY isn't throwing everything at this. We do read your boards, you know. I just don't think PA has the money to compete. I'm proud that we're doing this with $50 and $100 donations instead of having just a few people dump a thousand here and there like other places can afford to do.

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
It's a nice try to try to pretend that NY isn't throwing everything at this. We do read your boards, you know. I just don't think PA has the money to compete. I'm proud that we're doing this with $50 and $100 donations instead of having just a few people dump a thousand here and there like other places can afford to do.

LOL - this is really getting competitive - I'm rooting for SoCAl IRVINE!!! Come on - I'm out of dough but I think we is discouraged a bit

aknappjr
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM

Now now. We here in New York have many many people throwing in $50 and $100 and $10 contributions. My girlfriend met a guy who delivered for Domino's Pizza who contributed $10 towards the effort. A girl posted on our forum that she contributed $10 toward the effort. G-d bless people like these, as well as those of financial means. We just don't have the entire Paul for President Coalition contributing towards our effort (as far as I know). Anyway, this friendly competition is good for the campaign. In any case, I hope it makes some press.

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Now now. We here in New York have many many people throwing in $50 and $100 and $10 contributions. My girlfriend met a guy who delivered for Domino's Pizza who contributed $10 towards the effort. A girl posted on our forum that she contributed $10 toward the effort. G-d bless people like these, as well as those of financial means. We just don't have the entire Paul for President Coalition contributing towards our effort (as far as I know). Anyway, this friendly competition is good for the campaign. In any case, I hope it makes some press.

I thought you had nothing but Hilary supporters over there, what happened - Why NY so LIB all of a sudden? OHHHHHHH its that USA article - Damn what timing - SUCKS!

Cowlesy
08-31-2007, 03:26 PM

Where are we pretending Tom? Tom we know everyone as you mention reads the board as there are about 700some odd page views of the thread. You probably also saw us surge ahead on Monday, get complacent, and get creamed the next day back to 4th place. As you know I tried to urge people on by showing how much more well coordinated Philadelphia's effort is using our public messageboard that we know everyone reads. You obviously would prefer we not encourage competition as you removed me from your email list--big whoop. Since you read the boards as you mention, it's a little silly to imply a few people are dumping a thousand here or there as a majority of the posts are people contributing $10, $25 and $50 to the effort. Believe it or not, it's not 5 stockbrokers or i-bankers spamming the donations. I wish our group could have put a matching program together as yours is clearly going to yield amazing results for the campaign! If saying that the liberal new yorkers/bourgeosis are winning encourages more of your folks to donate, DO IT!

Just keep in mind the end winner of this whole competition is the campaign, plain and simple.

kylejack
08-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah, its a real shame that people everywhere are giving Ron Paul a bunch of money in all different ways.

Have a little perspective, man. We donate mostly for the cause, not for the prize. When Ron Paul increases his coffers, we all get a little closer to the big prize, the important prize. Consider it an investment rather than juice for this particular competition.

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, its a real shame that people everywhere are giving Ron Paul a bunch of money in all different ways.

Have a little perspective, man. We donate mostly for the cause, not for the prize. When Ron Paul increases his coffers, we all get a little closer to the big prize, the important prize. Consider it an investment rather than juice for this particular competition.

BUT WE want the prize! We really do! and we want everyone else to lose!;)

kylejack
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Ron Paul Prevails!

abstrusezincate
08-31-2007, 04:09 PM
We shall see who prevails. I agree that the campaign wins either way.

But, this isn't Pittsburgh's to win or lose. We're just helping Philly as much as we can. If they win, they'll have earned it. Our people were tapped out at their local rally earlier in August.

I just hope the campaign seriously considers giving all the big donors a rally. Say what you want, but it will be really disappointing for those who gave all and get nothing. We can all say that it is for the good of the campaign, and I agree with that.

But, I wouldn't want to be the Organizer explaining to his group that they came up just a little short. For all the effort, everyone really deserves to win. Philly, NY, Chicago, Irvine, and NH, I think.

Karsten
08-31-2007, 04:15 PM
3rd place, now? Oh well. If Manhattan wins, they could shove it in Guiliani's phony face. New York loves Ron Paul, not Guiliani.

Paulitician
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Cool. I'm thinking with all the donations we get around 200k. I try to stay conservative with my estimates, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong if we do indeed rake in more dough than that.

3rd place, now? Oh well. If Manhattan wins, they could shove it in Guiliani's phony face. New York loves Ron Paul, not Guiliani.
That's what I was thinking too :)

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
We shall see who prevails. I agree that the campaign wins either way.

But, this isn't Pittsburgh's to win or lose. We're just helping Philly as much as we can. If they win, they'll have earned it. Our people were tapped out at their local rally earlier in August.

I just hope the campaign seriously considers giving all the big donors a rally. Say what you want, but it will be really disappointing for those who gave all and get nothing. We can all say that it is for the good of the campaign, and I agree with that.

But, I wouldn't want to be the Organizer explaining to his group that they came up just a little short. For all the effort, everyone really deserves to win. Philly, NY, Chicago, Irvine, and NH, I think.

I think IRVINE really deserves it....We have to put up with so much crap out here! The Governator - All the Dem.s the traffic, the pollution...proximation to TJ, those santaana winds are a b&%$* nd we don't have a footballteam

DeadheadForPaul
08-31-2007, 05:55 PM
What's with that Minnestoa group with "5" members? Sounds like cheating to me heh

RonPaulCult
08-31-2007, 06:13 PM
I just gave the most money I've ever given to a campaign.

aknappjr
08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
I think IRVINE really deserves it....We have to put up with so much crap out here! The Governator - All the Dem.s the traffic, the pollution...proximation to TJ, those santaana winds are a b&%$* nd we don't have a footballteam

Living in a city that's 80% liberal.

Having 2 Young Republican Clubs (cause they split and can't get along)

Seeing dog-poop every day on the way to work

A ban on trans-fat.

No smoking on your own property if it happens to be zoned as a bar

Incredible housing prices, largely due to union and government control, regulation, and rent control.

Not being able to shoot a video camera for more than a certain period of time without getting a city permit.

City and state taxes over 10%. In addition to the fed.

A government-run taxi-cab service that is overly expensive and inefficient.

Garbage on sidewalks just about every where you go.

Bringing Ron Paul to Manhattan would be one of a few glimmers of hope in many Manhattan freedom-lovers eyes. Thats why we need to win. And to prove that we can win in this bastion of statism.

Cowlesy
08-31-2007, 07:55 PM
1.) Everyone excepts cradle to grave treatment here.

2.) Neither group has demonstrated a clear direction to me. I have more luck at the Penn Club.

3.) Dog-poo is almost as bad as walking to work past places that are having sewer repairs--you know, where the steam is shooting out of the grate that smells like detergent--mixes real good with breakfast sandwich smell wafting from all the delis. Eggs/Bacon/Sausage/Sewer Detergent---89 degrees at 8AM and 94% humidity, MMM.

4.) Dunkin donuts sooner or later will have to comply, tragedy.

5.) I know 1 Medical Doctor in New York who scoffs at this law, and I praise him for it.

6.) I could purchase a 7 bedroom palace in Sewickley next to Lemieux if my rent payment went toward equity in a castle/house/property.

7.) Bloomberg is a douchebag.

8.) I think I paid about $48k in taxes last year. God Bless New Hampshire which has NO state tax on income.

9.) Sorry I like taxis and think they're affordable.

10.) Garbage just adds to the sewer detergent/breakfast sandwich smell that pollutes this city.

Any questions?

Buzz
08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Too true, Avery and Ryan. Damn, no laughing emote...

ecliptic
08-31-2007, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't expect a winner to be announced until next week. Lots of people probably stuck an envelope in the mail postmarked today which will need to be included in the totals.

I have a feeling the campaign treasurer's eyes are bugging out today as the board of donors on the main website is cycling through extremely quickly---tons of PA and CA people. New York probably got too complacent. My bet is Philly takes it as they have the alliance going with several other meetup groups.

Whoever wins, it all goes to the same man that we are going to get in the White House one way or another. My hope is for $500k plus.

It's nice to be on the winning team... Ron Paul 2008 that is...

For all the weak American voters who just want to be part of the winning team... here you go. Ron Paul 2008... That's the winner. That's the vote you're looking for. Vote for the winner! Vote Ron Paul

zhughes315
08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
If New York or Philadelphia win, I am going.

aknappjr
08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
If New York or Philadelphia win, I am going.

Then please donate. Use the code MU0050 and he can come to New York, conveniently reachable from many cities and states by a nice drive or train ride.

Cowlesy
08-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Anyone else listening to Ron Paul right now at the Texas Rally? He gets me so pumped up...I wish his rhetoric was even more bombastic.

abstrusezincate
08-31-2007, 11:17 PM
I just want to give credit to all the groups that fought hard on this thing. I took some shots at our friends up in New York because I've been doing a lot of the work in coordinating Pennsylvania's effort behind Philadelphia, but it was a fun campaign where I think everyone benefited.

Either way, I look forward to seeing you all at the rally, whether it be in New York or Philadelphia. Hopefully, there'll be two, and we'll see each other at both.

angelatc
09-01-2007, 12:12 AM
The Board is updated. "Winners Announced By September 7th."

Captain Shays
09-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Thas bullshit! Sept 7 my ass! I wanna know NOW
We put a lot into this and we desreve to know today.

Nefertiti
09-01-2007, 08:01 AM
They have to wait for the checks to come in. I know there are a couple 1k checks coming in from Chicago so there could be some shifts at the last minute.

In any case, while I would love to see Chicago win it I think Manhattan winning would send a powerful message. This is where 911 happened and it sends a strong message about how Manhattanites prefer Paul over Ghouliani, who has been trying to make himself out to be the 911 hero. It also is important to be strong in New York because they also have Hillary. All of us will be winners if Manhattan helps us to swing NY because it has a lot of delegates.

Suzu
09-01-2007, 08:52 AM
There are good reasons for so many states to win, but I do think NY would top the list.

The total from all 700+ groups combined will have to be a lot higher than $300-500k, I think. I hope it's well over $1m.

abstrusezincate
09-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Philadelphia probably threw in between $15,000 and $20,000 collectively on the last day. I don't know if that was enough, but we really hit our state for everything we had out there. I know some of the donations, although, it's possible more are floating out there.

They probably know the numbers at this point pending the receipt of those checks. I was thinking those might swing things.

Johnnybags
09-01-2007, 06:25 PM
that much late betting? Pretty amazing stuff, I commend you and all the groups, should be a stunning coup compared to a Romney who has to sink in 8 million of his own cash to look like champ.