PDA

View Full Version : United States of America

Rhys
08-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Please be kind to remember that we are the United States of America, each being almost a sovereign country unto itself. This Union has allocated certain duties and authority to a central government, who has in turn usurped the authority of the governed.

Never forget please, we are not One Nation Under God. We are 50 States Voluntarily United. Any authority which we did not explicitly give to the federal government, that government does not have. How we feel about certain things does not effect this.

And also never forget, if the Federal Government keeps acting like douche bags, we can succeed from this Union. (theoretically.)

Kade
08-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Please be kind to remember that we are the United States of America, each being almost a sovereign country unto itself. This Union has allocated certain duties and authority to a central government, who has in turn usurped the authority of the governed.

Never forget please, we are not One Nation Under God. We are 50 States Voluntarily United. Any authority which we did not explicitly give to the federal government, that government does not have. How we feel about certain things does not effect this.

And also never forget, if the Federal Government keeps acting like douche bags, we can succeed from this Union. (theoretically.)

Suck ass, I want no part of it then.

Kludge
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
we can succeed from this Union.

Fail : dr

torchbearer
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
These united states seceeded from england.
Founders believed in secession.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Kotin
08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
These united states seceeded from england.
Founders believed in secession.

damn right.

and so did Sam Houston ;)

Rhys
08-14-2008, 02:05 PM
damn right.

and so did Sam Houston ;)

who? I always wanted to succeed myself but I don't know how. lol

Anti Federalist
08-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Separation is the only answer.

You will not dislodge that power structure in DC without it, or at least the credible threat of same.

Kotin
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Texas is the State in which it is easiest to Succeed from the Union.

We were once a Sovereign Republic. In our State Constitution(which was written by farmers)

it makes it very easy to succeed.

Kludge
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Texas is the state in which it is easiest to secede from the Union.

We were once a Sovereign Republic in our State Constitution, which was written by farmers.

It makes it very easy to secede.

:) :p

nate895
08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
It is secede not succeed.

If you are intent on doing something, please use the correct word. Almost everyone in the entire USA gets this one wrong.

Kade
08-14-2008, 02:58 PM

If you are intent on doing something, please use the correct word. Almost everyone in the entire USA gets this one wrong.

lmfao.

Kludge
08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Let's erect Ron Paul and abolish federal authority over pubic schools!

Sorry...

Anti Federalist
08-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Arrgh, no kidding.:mad:

That and this one: LOSE and LOOSE.

Some other crank here posted the following, and I'm paraphrasing:

"Your illiterate ass will LOSE that book, if you don't tighten those LOOSE backpack straps".

Curmudgeonly rant now completed.

Carry on.:)

idiom
08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
"Oh, so the American dream is to, like, become independent, not to reach fame and money? Wow who knew."

Rhys
08-14-2008, 07:35 PM
oh fine, but which witch is which?

Ninja Homer
08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Arrgh, no kidding.:mad:

That and this one: LOSE and LOOSE.

Some other crank here posted the following, and I'm paraphrasing:

"Your illiterate ass will LOSE that book, if you don't tighten those LOOSE backpack straps".

Curmudgeonly rant now completed.

Carry on.:)

That's the one that bugs me the most. Most misspellings at least sound the same while reading them, but lose and loose read completely different.

slothman
08-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Then and than.
Dessert and desert.
Whether and weather.
It's and its.

Now that the grammer-nazism is gone.

@Kotin
I was reading, 20 years in school, about Sam Houston and
what he did for Texas.
Later the textbook, yeh it's probably wrong, they talked
about the capital.
It said that Sam did many things for Texas.
I know about Sam so I assumed it was Houston.
The book that specified his last name as Austin.
He did do stuff to but the book didn't mention him much.

idiom
08-15-2008, 04:18 AM
He did do stuff to but the book didn't mention him much.

Oh the PAIN!