PDA

View Full Version : Are you joining the Anti-war march on Sept 1 in St. Paul?

Sematary
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Meanwhile, the city of St. Paul has issued a formal permit for two groups -- The Coalition to March on the RNC and Stop the War -- to march on Sept. 1, the first day of the four-day convention.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota predicts that 30,000-50,000 people will take part in protests during the week of the convention, and that the opening day march will be the largest.

Of those protesting, the ACLU expects about 800 to be arrested -- and said it planned to have 75 lawyers ready to defend them.

http://www.wxii12.com/politics/17178213/detail.html#-

acptulsa
08-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I plan to be at the rally. You know--the one being mislabeled and propagandized as a "shadow convention". The one designed specifically to keep us out of trouble.

Sematary
08-13-2008, 01:14 PM
I plan to be at the rally. You know--the one being mislabeled and propagandized as a "shadow convention". The one designed specifically to keep us out of trouble.

Ya, me too. I was just wondering. I considered it. I probably won't tho.

SLSteven
08-13-2008, 01:14 PM

"shadow", "dark horse"...scary!

brandon
08-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm considering going to some of the protests. I'd like to at least get some of it on film. I'm not sure if I'll have time though. And I usually get arrested when I am in situations like that. I wouldn't mind getting arrested closer to home, but I don't think I can risk it in MN.

ARealConservative
08-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm going to the leadership summit that day, but it is over by 4:30

What time is the march?

brandon
08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm going to the leadership summit that day, but it is over by 4:30

What time is the rally?

Same here. Maybe we can get a bus from the leadership summit to the protests if they are still going on.

ARealConservative
08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Same here. Maybe we can get a bus from the leadership summit to the protests if they are still going on.

I'm coming up in a minivan because my other vehicle is a gas guzzling truck. My wife and kids are doing the Mall of America on the 1st and joining me for the rally on the 2nd, so I have room in the van for 6.

SLSteven
08-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader has announced plans to join the hullabaloo surrounding the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn.

Nader has booked Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis for Sept. 4, the same night that John McCain is expected to formally accept the GOP presidential nomination in neighboring St. Paul.

May be a busy week for Minneapolis/St. Paul...

ronpaulhawaii
08-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Sept 1 is our short walk/picnic and RP is planning on joining us, we invite you all to stay away from the evil twin and enjoy a stroll and picnic with us The walk will start around 9a at Como Park, pass the State Fair (where we have been invited to share a booth with the CP for the entire week) and end at Langford Park. Barring unforseen circumstances, we expect Dr Paul to give a speech around 10:30 am Hope to see you all

Gin
08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
The Walk 4 Freedom Crew is planning a Liberty Parade on Sept 1st I believe...

Here is an excerpt from the latest blog,

if you are planning on joining us for the final days. We talked to the cities for permits, and St Paul has some extraordinary rules in place for the RNC. We will be fine with any size group, as long as we don’t carry any type of “demonstration” signage. What we are recommending is American flags. Imagine hundreds of walkers surrounding the State Capitol as we pass by. We are, also, going to pass the MN-GOP and we hope to give them a sight to behold. I wonder if they will hold their hands on their hearts as we pass by - <chuckle>. Once we pass into Minneapolis the restrictions lift and we will be able to break out signage as we pass the Federal Reserve, on our way to Join the Liberty Parade. More on that parade later…

http://walk4freedom.org/blog/

Thank you Michael for beating me to posting...lol I hope all is going well so far... You tubes look great!

Bryan
08-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Sept 1 is our short walk/picnic and RP is planning on joining us, we invite you all to stay away from the evil twin and enjoy a stroll and picnic with us The walk will start around 9a at Como Park, pass the State Fair (where we have been invited to share a booth with the CP for the entire week) and end at Langford Park. Barring unforseen circumstances, we expect Dr Paul to give a speech around 10:30 am Hope to see you all

Thanks for the info- is there any camping at Como Park or is it just one of those day parks?

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-13-2008, 05:25 PM
nt

KenInMontiMN
08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the info- is there any camping at Como Park or is it just one of those day parks?

Como Park is day only and has a small amusement park as well as the Twin Cities older Zoo, a nice Conservatory full of botanical flora also.
http://www.comozooconservatory.org/como_park/index.shtml

The Park doesn't open daily until 10 AM (- 6 PM) so don't expect access to the stuff there unless you return another time.

ARealConservative
08-13-2008, 05:30 PM

ok.....So much for that.

At least our conference is over before the evening festivities.

Danke
08-13-2008, 07:40 PM
ok.....So much for that.

At least our conference is over before the evening festivities.

You can participate in our W4F 31st walk from Midway starting at 9am (Snelling & University) to Loring Park. There is a "Liberty Parade" starting in Downtown Mpls. at 1pm. and ending in Loring Park that we will join. There is also a booth we will have and speakers at that park. Later, we plan on going down to RonStock that night for more activities and partying.

libertarian4321
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM

I'm not going to the summit, so I the anti-war protest sounds like something useful that I can do that day.

ronpaulhawaii
08-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks Gin :)

The Walk 4 Freedom Crew is planning a Liberty Parade on Sept 1st I believe...

Here is an excerpt from the latest blog,

if you are planning on joining us for the final days. We talked to the cities for permits, and St Paul has some extraordinary rules in place for the RNC. We will be fine with any size group, as long as we don’t carry any type of “demonstration” signage. What we are recommending is American flags. Imagine hundreds of walkers surrounding the State Capitol as we pass by. We are, also, going to pass the MN-GOP and we hope to give them a sight to behold. I wonder if they will hold their hands on their hearts as we pass by - <chuckle>. Once we pass into Minneapolis the restrictions lift and we will be able to break out signage as we pass the Federal Reserve, on our way to Join the Liberty Parade. More on that parade later…

http://walk4freedom.org/blog/

Thank you Michael for beating me to posting...lol I hope all is going well so far... You tubes look great!

The actual "Liberty Parade" is being organized by the Twin Cities "art" community. We have been invited and they have given us a booth and a speaking slot. Our walk on the 1st has been designed as an option for RP to join us. As of yesterday the talk is that RP will join us on the 31st for a portion of the final stretch. The timing is not clear yet. We plan on starting our 7 miles final stretch from the Walmart in Midway on University Ave around 9a, this will pass the Federal Reserve around noon and join the Parade at 1p.

The Minnesotans for Limited Govt is holding us a picnic on the 1st at Langford Park. We are incorporating a short walk in that event. More details will be filled in as we finalize plans. Please join us

BarryDonegan
08-14-2008, 12:36 PM
if anyone protests anything this year, I don't wanna see any of you in any freedom cages.

if someone tries to throw you in one via force, defend yourself.

that stuff is a bad precedent and needs to be fought in court.