PDA

View Full Version : Digg this FRONT PAGE Ron Paul Story

OhioMichael
08-13-2008, 06:56 AM
http://digg.com/political_opinion/DAVE_calls_for_Ron_Paul_revolution

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Actually- there are a lot of very interesting and well-written comments to this story. (on the article itself, not digg.)

this one was interesting:

Way to go Dave, fight the figh that needs fighting, not the ones they want us to fight! I have the honor of being one of the Protest Speakers at the RNC and I shall keep Dave in mind as I enjoy my 50 minutes of airtime! You can read more
here: http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/convention_beat/

Dwayne from Arkansas (Kind thoughts to Mrs. Paul and their entire family)

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Another one:

`Do you ever wonder of the 56 men that Signed the Declaration of Independence?
Five: were captured by the British, tortured and died.
12: had their homes ransacked and burned.
Two: Lost their sons in the Revolutionary Army
One: had two children captured
Nine: fought and died from wounds and hardship in the Army
They signed and pledged their lives, their fortune, and sacred honor.
What kind of men were they?
24 were lawyers
11 were merchants
9 were farmers and plantation owners.

All well educated men of means.
They singed the Declaration of Independence knowing the penalty would be DEATH if they were captured.
Many accumulated debts and died in rags, penniless.
Some were hounded by the British sending their family to safe havens, serving in Congress for free. In the process they lost their possessions and poverty was their REWARD.
This is the story and sacrifices of the SIGNERS OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.
These were men with security, soft spoken men, not WILD EYED rabble rouser's. MEN OF MEANS, BUT THEY VALUED LIBERTY MORE.
They stood tall and unwaivering for the support of the Declaration of Independence!
They gave to you and me the privilege of a free land.
Dave's sacrifice seems a great tribute to those who sacrificed so much!
Long live the Revolution!

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 07:28 AM
allies across the seas:

Thank you from Germany!

Dave, You`ll never walk alone!

Best whishes from us Bavarians for Ron Paul!

Go Americans, go Paulites! Take back your country and show the world again what Freedom really means!

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Dave commented on his own story!

it is great to see that there are many people now who dare to speak their mind, and do not care if those who don't yet understand would choose to mock them.
people don't agree on everything all the time, and don't have to;
but to be open to information and dialogue while being firm in solid principles and convictions, will eventually bring about the kind of change to benefit everyone.

another comment left on that article, 'the magazine covers that michelle obama has graced' frankly states,

'cult of personality is profoundly unamerican, and like any idolatry, unworthy of a free human being.
with every idol or celebrity created in america, america is more alienated from its foundations, and the people lose more and more of their freedom, their prosperity and peace, until they find themselves empty-handed and enslaved, in a bloody fool's paradise.'

but when people honor their birthright and the spirit of the constitution, and exercise their freedom not to lose it, they will see change: they will then be able to make responsible decisions, based on their best knowledge and understanding, and their conscience. even though outnumbered, RON PAUL consistently voted for his conscience in congress, maintaining his integrity in a cesspool of corruption throughout ten terms.
this is true patriotism, that shows true concern, and equals love.
and this is why he has already won, and will win in any case.
'it's about the message.'

Posted by: dave | August 12, 2008 at 01:22 PM

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 07:34 AM
another interesting comment:

Dave is absolutely onto something. I am an average college educated IT professional who has squabled with relatives over politics at family gatherings but I have never taken an active role in the political process until I met a statesman of the caliber of Ron Paul. I am now a state and county delegate for the Republican Party in Utah.

I listened with skepticism at his logical arguments and slowly began to feel a profound respect for this man. But as many Ron Paul followers will point out, this movement is not about Ron Paul at all. It is about liberty, economic freedom, the rejection of the warfare state and the welfare state and upholding the rule of law. Anyone interested in educating themselves as to Dr. Paul's positions and engaging in the best political dialogue to be had anywhere should visit campaignforliberty.com.

Posted by: Jake in Salt Lake | August 12, 2008 at 02:10 PM

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
bump

UtahApocalypse
08-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Dave???? Are you amongst us?? Come out from the shadows!! your welcome here!!

parke
08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Another one:Quote:
`Do you ever wonder of the 56 men that Signed the Declaration of Independence?
Five: were captured by the British, tortured and died.
12: had their homes ransacked and burned.
Two: Lost their sons in the Revolutionary Army
One: had two children captured
Nine: fought and died from wounds and hardship in the Army
They signed and pledged their lives, their fortune, and sacred honor.
What kind of men were they?
24 were lawyers
11 were merchants
9 were farmers and plantation owners.

All well educated men of means.
They singed the Declaration of Independence knowing the penalty would be DEATH if they were captured.
Many accumulated debts and died in rags, penniless.
Some were hounded by the British sending their family to safe havens, serving in Congress for free. In the process they lost their possessions and poverty was their REWARD.
This is the story and sacrifices of the SIGNERS OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.
These were men with security, soft spoken men, not WILD EYED rabble rouser's. MEN OF MEANS, BUT THEY VALUED LIBERTY MORE.
They stood tall and unwaivering for the support of the Declaration of Independence!
They gave to you and me the privilege of a free land.
Dave's sacrifice seems a great tribute to those who sacrificed so much!
Long live the Revolution!

I love that post. .

hillertexas
08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
dugg

ItsTime
08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
dugg, we are standing next to you dave! Take it to the next level, THE STREETS

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Dave???? Are you amongst us?? Come out from the shadows!! your welcome here!!

how can we send him an invite?

libertythor
08-13-2008, 04:17 PM
dugg

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Looks like one of our delegates left a comment too:

"dave" is inspired by Truth, as most Americans are when educated re: the creeping corporate fascist revolution "in form" that has taken place in our government over the past 90 years.

For the naysayers, you doth protest too much. That happens when in delusional denial. Say after me : "Our Country was a great Republic. Our small government was our servant. Our People are still great, but We serve our Big Government now." Doesn't that feel scary, yet better, when The Truth be told?

1000 of us "daves" will serve as delegates in Minneapolis in just over 2 weeks. We will come home and each will re-educate 100 more, who will each re-educate 100 more future "daves".

Don't think that we can re-educate 10 million Americans to join The American Revolution over the next 4 years? Watch us.

"dave" knows.

Posted by: cincydoc | August 13, 2008 at 01:13 PM

maybe digg is a good idea, i doubt most of these people read the l.a.times blogs daily.

OhioMichael
08-13-2008, 10:04 PM
bump for some residual effects...

torchbearer
08-14-2008, 12:03 AM
bump

torchbearer
08-14-2008, 07:08 AM
bump

torchbearer
08-15-2008, 09:53 AM
bump

mediahasyou
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
dugg

dannno
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
"We're all dave"

LoL

torchbearer
08-15-2008, 06:34 PM
bump

Knightskye
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Could've sworn this had well over 2,000 diggs.

What happened?

torchbearer
08-16-2008, 08:15 AM
bump