PDA

View Full Version : Do they have to sell all 18,000 tickets by the Rally?

Knightskye
08-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Will they be selling tickets at the door?

Sold a lot the day the tickets started being on sale, but then it fizzled, like every other widget thing.

Is Dr. Paul still going around and making speeches? He should make some in the Minnesota area and maybe some nearby states and get the word out.

Mahkato
08-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Supposedly there's a postcard going out to a quarter million people from the RP2008 PCC mailing list, and supposedly the venue will sell out to local people as soon as a certain headliner is announced. So we'll see.

Knightskye
08-12-2008, 10:28 PM
and supposedly the venue will sell out to local people as soon as a certain headliner is announced. So we'll see.

Oh yeah, weren't there two unannounced yet internationally renowned musical guests? :D

http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/sponsors/

I just checked the sponsors page. The Libertarian Party and the Free State Project are sponsoring it. So is Genesis Communications -- isn't Alex Jones on that network? And RonPaulForums.com is a Friend - wth? :D

AJ Antimony
08-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Supposedly there's a postcard going out to a quarter million people from the RP2008 PCC mailing list, and supposedly the venue will sell out to local people as soon as a certain headliner is announced. So we'll see.

They're sure taking their sweet ass time and asking a lot out of people. Less than a month to go and they want to ask supporters to buy expensive plane tickets, hotels, and transportation?

Jeremy
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I asked that guy if people should wait until they get there to buy and he said that would be a bad idea because they have plans to fill the stadium either way.

AJ Antimony
08-12-2008, 10:45 PM
I asked that guy if people should wait until they get there to buy and he said that would be a bad idea because they have plans to fill the stadium either way.

??? What are these plans they speak of?

Jeremy
08-12-2008, 10:46 PM
??? What are these plans they speak of?

idk, all i know is that they have plans to fill it up

RSLudlum
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM
idk, all i know is that they have plans to fill it up

Just saw this Minn. news update

On the weekend of Sep. 2, Minneapolis PD will be doing house to house sweeps looking for anybody they deem 'freedom fighters', apprehend such individuals, and temporarily house them at the Target Center due to over-populated jails. Police chief of MPD, stated "we have to show these Freedom Fighters that we mean business and freedom has no where to hide"

Next up, McCain promises he, himself, will fly the mission to drop the 1st nuke on Russia!!

:p

Austin
08-12-2008, 11:12 PM
15,000 is the max capacity. The have room for 13,000 but can make some changes to allow for another 2,000.

Knightskye
08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
15,000 is the max capacity. The have room for 13,000 but can make some changes to allow for another 2,000.

I thought I read in a couple articles that it had room for 18,000. Hmm.

Let's hope they sell out before the Rally so they have to move to a bigger venue. :)

Jeremy
08-13-2008, 12:01 AM
I thought I read in a couple articles that it had room for 18,000. Hmm.

Let's hope they sell out before the Rally so they have to move to a bigger venue. :)

they aren't going to move

it's final by now

besides.... i doubt there is a bigger venue in the area

Knightskye
08-20-2008, 04:05 AM
besides.... i doubt there is a bigger venue in the area

Maybe they could trade with McCain. How big a crowd do you think he could draw? :D

Conza88
08-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Maybe they could trade with McCain. How big a crowd do you think he could draw? :D

Hahah touche, mon ami. :D