PDA

View Full Version : Fair WSJ article

J4ck
08-31-2007, 12:23 AM
(but they got some positions a little bit wrong)

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB118852395739814099-9hV_ZN2XI_llqSTJrGfxurkisa4_20070929.html?mod=tff_ main_tff_top

Still, a good one!

Karsten
08-31-2007, 12:55 AM
They talked about the poll where Ron Paul placed 3rd, but didn't mention the many polls where he placed 1st or won in a landslide!

libertarianguy
08-31-2007, 01:02 AM
test

Akus
08-31-2007, 02:11 AM
It wasn't completely honest. Ron Paul doesn't "favor gay marriage" or "legalized drugs". He merely wants this to be a state-to-state issue. That is a big difference and, unfortunately, the sheep will look right past it and accept this information as a true fact.

And "his appeal to a growing, if still small, number of voters "...?
Are we really still a small group?
After all the effort and all the money and all the "Ron Paul rEVOLution" sign-making?

devil21
08-31-2007, 02:21 AM
Its still one of the best MSM type articles out there. Its refreshing to read an article that highlights the basis of Dr. Paul's views early in the article instead of minimalizing him from the start. Email thanks to the author sent.

MicroBalrog
08-31-2007, 03:30 AM
It wasn't completely honest. Ron Paul doesn't "favor gay marriage" or "legalized drugs". He merely wants this to be a state-to-state issue.

Actually, Ron Paul favors an end to the war on drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3SYWDkWyXA

Akus
08-31-2007, 04:01 AM
Actually, Ron Paul favors an end to the war on drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3SYWDkWyXA

Ok, I was wrong.

SWATH
08-31-2007, 07:30 AM
It wasn't completely honest. Ron Paul doesn't "favor gay marriage" or "legalized drugs". He merely wants this to be a state-to-state issue. That is a big difference and, unfortunately, the sheep will look right past it and accept this information as a true fact.

This country has slid so far that we don't even have the political infrastructure to talk in these terms anymore.

JPFromTally
08-31-2007, 07:33 AM
Why does he put "Dr. Paul" in quotes? He's not a rapper or a basketball player.

bc2208
08-31-2007, 07:47 AM
im writing an email, is Jackie a he or she?

bc2208
08-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Jackie,

Thanks for the nice article on Dr. Paul. The only thing I would like to point out is that he is not actually in favor of gay marraige. Paul's strict interpretation of the Constitution and preference for limited federal government leads him to strike down legislation on positions that he may actually favor. In the case of gay marraige, Ron Paul voted against a Constitutional amendment to ban it, for the sole reason that he didn't believe it was a federal issue and he does not take Constitutional amendments lightly. He personally opposes the practice, but felt that the legislation was an innappropriate way to handle it.

Thanks again for the much welcomed and much deserved attention!

Brian

Spirit of '76
08-31-2007, 08:11 AM
What a joke. Did you see that inset? It was designed to do as much damage as possible by turning liberals against him because he's "against" "abortion rights", all while turning social conservatives against him because he's "in favor of" gay marriage.

Sometimes I don't think these political "journalist" hacks have ever even read the Constitution.

Cowlesy
08-31-2007, 08:17 AM
It's on Page A4, thousands and thousands of people now have 1 more instance of a Ron Paul imprint on their brain. I talked to some people in my office who I requested check it out, and their comments were, "Wow, I agree with a lot of what this guy has to say."

I think this piece is a net positive for us.

electric
08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
jackie is a she...

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 09:40 AM
It's on Page A4, thousands and thousands of people now have 1 more instance of a Ron Paul imprint on their brain. I talked to some people in my office who I requested check it out, and their comments were, "Wow, I agree with a lot of what this guy has to say."

I think this piece is a net positive for us.

I aggree - How much do you think THIS article and the USA article is WORTH in advertising dollars

Please think about it before you SPAM the journalist.

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 09:41 AM
MSM show theire naiveity about this campaign when they post ther email at the bottom of a RP article - what a dipshit?!@

Cowlesy
08-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Isn't a full page WSJ ad an obnoxious amount like $200k? This was a half page article, and some skeptics I spoke to who read it, liked it. Almost the equivalent of an advertisement.

RonPaulLibrary
08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
This article is very positive exposure for Ron Paul. Jackie is an established political reporter at the WSJ and took the time to interview and gather her own research.

If some of Paul's positions were misread by her, the fault lies with Ron Paul's campaign. The RonPaul2008 website has only 9 issues listed, leaving reporters and the general public guessing about where he actually stands.

Even in the nine issues listed, some simply miss the mark. His Health issue, for example, should talk about the high cost of health care and what can be done about it. Instead, it talks about how the government is planning to restrict vitamins.

Why should reporters have to guess about Paul's position on Gay Marriage or Drugs? WE ALL KNOW where he stands, but it's asking too much of busy reporters to spend hours and hours finding answers to what are basic, simple questions.

In my opinion, the campaign should publish Paul's position on all major issues in a clear and concise manner. Until they do that, his positions will be misrepresented by the media.

kylebrotherton
08-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Bump.

Digg it (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_article_in_Wall_Street_Journal_8_31)

Adam Smith
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey, I sent Jackie an email:

Thank you so very much for your article covering supporters of Ron Paul. It is very refreshing to see the Wall Street Journal giving coverage to Paul's campaign without presenting it in an unfavorable light.

As a conservative Republican who voted for BOTH Bushes for President (for W. twice), I will proudly give my vote to Ron Paul, the only true conservative candidate, next year.

And she wrote me back:

Thanks for this note, and for reading.

I thought that was thoughtful.

crhoades
08-31-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought the article was positive overall. I actually talked with her for close to an hour the day of the Straw Poll before the results were announced with a couple of other knowledgable supporters. I'm the one alluded to from Nashville, TN. I followed up with an email to her thanking her for taking the time to interview us and provided her links to the Ron Paul Library as well as a few key youtube videos. After emailing her while ago thanking her again for the piece, she replied:

Hello, again, and thanks. I'm on track to get more emails about that story than anything I've written in 17 years.