PDA

View Full Version : Look what we have here in Indiana

Melissa
08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
This news if from Charlie in district 1:

Bill Johnson, www.johnson19.com, was defeated in the may primary for House District 19 by 24 votes to his opponent, Andrew Webster. Andrew Webster decided to drop out, for reasons I am unaware of, about 2 weeks ago. That meant that the precinct committeemen in that district, under GOP and Indiana law, are to conduct a caucus to determine a nominee to run against the Democrat in the fall. Last Thursday, the county chairman and another gentleman wanting the seat, sat down in Bills office with a few patriots, and asked us why we deserve the seat. After about an hour of talking about the issues this Country and the State face, the chairman apologized for ever doubting the potential of this group. Keep in mind, we are the only "organization" in the district that can fill a room with 40 patriots willing to get involved and make a difference. Of course, for the sake of politics, we couldn't use the alias of "Ron Paul Meetup", so we adopted the campaign slogan of "Unhappy Taxpayers for Bill Johnson".

The chairman and the other gentlemen(who later pledged $500 to Bill), shook hands with us and jumped on board. The next day, Mr. Johnson went down to Indy and filed the appropriate paperwork. We were the only ones to file. So the caucas that was held last night was only conducted in accordance to the law. The motion to adopt Bill as the nominee was passed unanimously. WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS.

There are so many positive things that are beginning to arise because of this. The state WANTS this seat. That means that if any county GOP speaks out against us crazy paulers running for HD19, they are speaking out against the party. We now have full use of our GOP HQ(we even have a key :))

The "machine" can no longer fight us. They have admitted defeat. We won. And the believe me, the smell of this victory is oh so sweet.

In my distict caucas at the convention, I stood up to defend my fellow Republicans against the rule change that the state made 2 days prior. I was told to sit down and shut up. There were people in the back of the room that could not even hear me. They were screaming that the Chairman to give me a mic. And they wernt even paulers. They just wanted to be able to hear the legitiment concerns of the delegation. The chair in my caucas was a woman by the name of Sue Landske. She is also a precint committee person in Bills district. I stared her right in the eye as she raised her hand to vote yes to make Bill the nominee. Victory is SWEET.

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/08/12/news/lake_county/doc9d90e7ead57a956a862574a3000be9af.txt

Cowlesy
08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Great stuff Melissa!

kaleidoscope eyes
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Woo hoo!
Good job!

angelatc
08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
In my distict caucas at the convention, I stood up to defend my fellow Republicans against the rule change that the state made 2 days prior. I was told to sit down and shut up. There were people in the back of the room that could not even hear me. They were screaming that the Chairman to give me a mic. And they wernt even paulers. They just wanted to be able to hear the legitiment concerns of the delegation. The chair in my caucas was a woman by the name of Sue Landske. She is also a precint committee person in Bills district. I stared her right in the eye as she raised her hand to vote yes to make Bill the nominee. Victory is SWEET.

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/08/12/news/lake_county/doc9d90e7ead57a956a862574a3000be9af.txt

That's so awesome I can't even stand it!

jacmicwag
08-12-2008, 05:35 PM
As an IU grad, it warms my heart to hear great stories like this from Hoosier Land. I'll pass the word to family and friends still up there.