PDA

View Full Version : How do we get Republicans to love us?

MicroBalrog
08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
We all know this already, but I want to state my own ideas on this.

To win the nomination, Ron Paul has got to win the Republican party.

How do we sell Paul to them?

We need to remind them:

Ron Paul is pro-life. He opposes Roe v. Wade.

Ron Paul is NOT SOFT ON TERRORISM. He supported war in Afganistan and supported a bill to allow private individuals to hunt Al-Quaeda operatives like deer. This should appeal to republicans, especially the Ted Nugent types.

Ron Paul is a Christian.

Look now. I think instead of trying to persuade people about blowback and such, we need to appeal to their own views. When talking to Republicans, can we please stress these points?

Any other ideas?

angelatc
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Give them money.

No really! When they do their fundraisers, only donate if Ron Paul in somehow included in the agenda.

SeanEdwards
08-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Offer to fellate them in public restrooms?

:p

Chester Copperpot
08-30-2007, 10:31 PM

We need to remind them:

Ron Paul is NOT SOFT ON TERRORISM. He supported war in Afganistan and supported a bill to allow private individuals to hunt Al-Quaeda operatives like deer. This should appeal to republicans, especially the Ted Nugent types.

Ron Paul is a Christian.

Look now. I think instead of trying to persuade people about blowback and such, we need to appeal to their own views. When talking to Republicans, can we please stress these points?

Any other ideas?

We just take over the party... superiority of numbers

gravesdav
08-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Offer to felate them in public restrooms?

But make sure you're still against gay marriage. ;)

Seriously though, go to town and county GOP meetings, attend GOP functions, and maybe volunteer a little for local GOP candidates.

Oddball
08-30-2007, 10:34 PM
We just take over the party... superiority of numbers

Why not??

It worked for the LBJ leftist neoconjobbers.

jonahtrainer
08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Offer to felate them in public restrooms?

Haha! If Sen. Craig knew his Constitution he wouldn't be in the mess he is in! How can a Senator be so ignorant of basic Criminal Procedure? The idiot voted for the Patriot Act. How does he like them apples?

He probably thinks the ACLU, FlexYourRights.org, (http://flexyourrights.com/)is all bad or something and has refused to search out their great video productions. The FlexYourRights.org blogs could use some Ron Paul support and is a ripe audience; probably all Obama lovers.

abstrusezincate
08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I take your question seriously.

What you do is to talk to them. The majority of Republicans at the local committee level are pragmatists. They can see their party is going to take a dive if they don't find a new message to motivate them, and Ron Paul's talk of actual economic conservatism plays well.

We network with the Republican Party, get involved in what they are doing, and invite them to have the opportunity to do the same. Politics is all about making friends, and whatever your personal opinions, it's good to talk about what you agree upon, and to work together on causes you can support.

From that, we've brought new members into our movement, and the support of many people who we will want if we win these primaries.

As far as messaging, talk about his economic conservatism. People like small government, and tax reduction on the right, and no one has a better record than Ron Paul. His socially conservative stance on abortion, tough stance on immigration, and his strong support for gun rights also play very well.

The war will end, one way or another. If our opponents begin to see that (and that is we get the GOP to realize), and look at the bread and butter issues, they begin to come around to our point of view.

SWATH
08-30-2007, 11:06 PM
tap your foot

Oddball
08-30-2007, 11:20 PM
I take your question seriously.

What you do is to talk to them. The majority of Republicans at the local committee level are pragmatists. They can see their party is going to take a dive if they don't find a new message to motivate them, and Ron Paul's talk of actual economic conservatism plays well.

But their "pragmatism" (read: capitulation to and appeasement of the libs) has been their path to power.

Like the Democratics, they've been living on the perception of who they aren't, that running based upon who they are has a pretty low likliehood of selling.

hard@work
08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
imho - time to start chanting and parroting for the "restoration" of the Republican party.

Oddball
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
A Bumper Hornberger theme.

Nice. :)

libertarian4321
08-30-2007, 11:50 PM
How do we get Republicans to love us?

I'm not sure I have this right, but I believe if you want to get a Republican to love you, the procedure is something like this: tap your right foot, slide your foot into his stall and play footsie with him, then rub the bottom of the stall wall with your left hand.

This, apparently, is what it takes to get a "family values" Republican to love you, anyway...

Hook
08-30-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure I have this right, but I believe if you want to get a Republican to love you, the procedure is something like this: tap your right foot, slide your foot into his stall and play footsie with him, then rub the bottom of the stall wall with your left hand.

This, apparently, is what it takes to get a "family values" Republican to love you, anyway...

I'd like to belive you. Sounds like you aren't showing all your cards to me ;)

Hook
08-30-2007, 11:55 PM
jk

born2drv
08-31-2007, 12:17 AM

We need to remind them:

Ron Paul is a Christian.

Any other ideas?

1) The war in Iraq is a biggie.... I think you have to stress the fact that being on offense is costing us trillions we can't afford especially if we get so little results......that it's weakening our country.. and the a strong defense is the best offense... and then cite ronald reagan as a great example that managed to defeat the soviets without firing a single shot. A lot of republicans are growing impatient with the war, but they don't want to just give up to radical islam either. That our best hope is a very strong military here at home and we need to stop playing world police force.

2) Gun Rights

3) Smaller Government, has always been the basis of conservatism.... no government's is smaller then RP's :)

4) Phasing out wasteful spending.... welfare systems that encourage people to become dependent on the government

5) Borders, a nation with no borders is no nation... we need to make the US a sovereign nation again

6) Ron Paul wants to get rid of anchor babies... ammend the constitiution to deny birthright citizenship so that children can't be used as pawns in illegal immigration

7) Ending all social programs to non-citizens

fj45lvr
08-31-2007, 09:38 AM
1. RESTORATION of true republican values!!!! this will bring them home!!!

2. fiscally sane (in contrast to totally insane)

3. less government (not just "cuts" in their allotment but cuts to the whole agencies!!!! big time bonus points here)

4 100% constitutional voting (see why they have wandered by not following Constitution)

mesler
08-31-2007, 09:44 AM
The biggest obstacle is the war issue. That alone will prevent some people from even considering him. Many people have been sold on the idea that we need to stay.

TexMac
08-31-2007, 09:51 AM
He probably thinks the ACLU, FlexYourRights.org, (http://flexyourrights.com/)is all bad or something and has refused to search out their great video productions. The FlexYourRights.org blogs could use some Ron Paul support and is a ripe audience; probably all Obama lovers.How can they support Obama? He's a hard core drug warrior.

james1844
08-31-2007, 09:53 AM
thats easy, join the republican party. Once you vote republican, you are the party.

Tn...Andy
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Uh, how about pointing out that Congress went to the Dems in 2006 and WHY IS THAT ???? Because people are sick of Republican promises broken to have smaller govt and less taxes.....throw in a war without end, and you have the PERFECT STORM for a Democrat victory in 2008.....

....UNLESS the Republicans offer SOMEONE that isn't business as usual, stay the course.

The only choice is Ron Paul.

SO: You want to retain the White House in 2008 ?? You dang well better get behind Ron Paul.