PDA

View Full Version : Maybe An Appleseed "Rifleman" Drive - Get more active locally across the u.s.

newyearsrevolution08
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
What if we had an event where we did our best to recruit new people into the appleseed events in our area? I think the one thing we can do to protect ourselves from foreign and domestic issues is to be able to become riflemen MINIMUM.

Not sure what all could be setup BUT I can see a referral contest for new sign ups + a contest for how many NEW shooting ranges signs up to allow for an appleseed shoot at their venue.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to get something like this going OR if there is already flyers and selling points that are being used to promote the appleseed events already?

Not sure how to track how many new members we can get but I doubt it really matters as far as keeping track person by person but rather more important to get this effort moving.

The more people we can get shooting, becoming riflemen and so on the better off we will be as a nation that can protect themselves with WE THE PEOPLE. I can see this helping our second amendment fight as well.

So any thoughts or suggestions, please toss them out here. I want to save these ideas so I can either set something up myself locally and see how it goes OR use materials that others already have and see how they work.

I can see getting voters by attacking "voter specific" issues like 2nd amendment rights versus trying to sell a candidate.

If there was an appleseed event at every shooting range that has the room to do so I can see this really exploding into something really amazing. Not trying to downplay the appleseed efforts to date though BUT if we put our grassroots efforts towards issue specific things we could really make things happen.

New York For Paul
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Maybe set something up like the Nov 5th money bomb. I have some other ideas as well.

TruckinMike
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM
If there was an appleseed event at every shooting range that has the room to do so I can see this really exploding into something really amazing. Not trying to downplay the appleseed efforts to date

We are all Johnny Appleseed. Its up to us as individuals to plant those seeds. From attending an Appleseed event (http://www.appleseedinfo.org/index.htm) to taking classes on the Constitution (http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/class.aspx). So I say YES to your idea of having an Appleseed at every range. And More!That IS the APPLESEED way. The marketing has been word of mouth, email and forums. As far as I know that is the effort - and its been working great. Right now there is a need for instructors. Classes can't go forward until there enough instructors to go around.

Have you been to an Instructors boot camp? If not, why not? Get to one ASAP - And start off your journey to become an Appleseed instructor. And YES, I mean YOU! You are just one boot Camp and a couple of instructor-in-training sessions away. Click here:Appleseed Boot Camp (http://www.appleseedinfo.org/boot_camps.htm)

TMike

torchbearer
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
learning what it really means to be an american.

torchbearer
08-14-2008, 07:15 AM
bump

B964
08-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Not only does Appleseed need Instructors it needs promotion help.
Most of the states have teams set up to work on setting up shoots and promoting them. These teams are understaffed and some states do not have a team at all. Helping your state can be as easy as sitting at your computor, or as fun as building your own range for a shoot.

Appleseed IS the answer to changing the course of our country.

torchbearer
08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
promo bump

torchbearer
08-16-2008, 08:15 AM
bump

torchbearer
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
bump

torchbearer
08-17-2008, 04:30 PM
bump

torchbearer
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
bump

Bradley in DC
08-17-2008, 10:04 PM
We have Capital Gunowners now!

torchbearer
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
We have Capital Gunowners now!

when is the first appleseed in d.c.?
can you own rifles?

Primbs
08-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Isn't there an indoor range on Capitol Hill?

torchbearer
08-18-2008, 12:49 PM
bump

B964
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I think the best way to do what you are speaking of is for people here to register for the Appleseed (AS) forum. Once on that forum contact your states coordinator and see what they need help with. If your state does not have a coordinator contact me (B964 on that forum also) and I will find the person you need. Better yet, YOU may just be the person your state needs to be in the lead. The AS forum is a working forum. We do not spend time naming the icebergs, we spend time bailing the water from the ship of America. There is alot to that forum that you can not see as a guest. As far as tracking the results of your work? When you are overrun by the shear number of Riflemen in your state.

Most recent State Coordinator list:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2640.0

torchbearer
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I think the best way to do what you are speaking of is for people here to register for the Appleseed (AS) forum. Once on that forum contact your states coordinator and see what they need help with. If your state does not have a coordinator contact me (B964 on that forum also) and I will find the person you need. Better yet, YOU may just be the person your state needs to be in the lead. The AS forum is a working forum. We do not spend time naming the icebergs, we spend time bailing the water from the ship of America. There is alot to that forum that you can not see as a guest. As far as tracking the results of your work? When you are overrun by the shear number of Riflemen in your state.

Most recent State Coordinator list:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2640.0

Who should I contact for Louisiana?
This is sportsman's paradise, and most people grow up shooting guns, but it would still be a great benefit to have these events here.

B964
08-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Who should I contact for Louisiana?
This is sportsman's paradise, and most people grow up shooting guns, but it would still be a great benefit to have these events here.

Well, it looks like your lucky day!

Louisiana State Coordinator - Position Available

Someone who wants to jump right perhaps could do so in LA. A state coordinator is this situation, would start off by trying to build a promotions team for his/her state. They would spend some time learning about the program on the forum. They would attend an Appleseed event as soon as possible. They would start spreading news of upcoming events on internet forums and emails to gun clubs and ranges. Attend gun shows, set up a table pass out fliers........ sounds alot like what most of you on this forum have done before. As you can imagine the more people you get to help with this the easier it will be.

Register on the AS forum and poke around. Post that you want to help your state and your county.

torchbearer
08-18-2008, 05:32 PM

Someone who wants to jump right perhaps could do so in LA. A state coordinator is this situation, would start off by trying to build a promotions team for his/her state. They would spend some time learning about the program on the forum. They would attend an Appleseed event as soon as possible. They would start spreading news of upcoming events on internet forums and emails to gun clubs and ranges. Attend gun shows, set up a table pass out fliers........ sounds alot like what most of you on this forum have done before. As you can imagine the more people you get to help with this the easier it will be.

Register on the AS forum and poke around. Post that you want to help your state and your county.

My father used to belong to some shooting clubs. Maybe he will know more about the current organizations in this state.
My father is an excellent marksman, everyone from miles around has him sight in their scopes. Maybe he'd be interested in some father/son activities with our rifles.
If you can hit a wood duck in flight, you've got some skill.

Cowlesy
08-18-2008, 05:41 PM

muhahahahaha, you're the best Ed.

Brent, you're drafted!

torchbearer
08-18-2008, 05:46 PM
muhahahahaha, you're the best Ed.

Brent, you're drafted!

I hear Uncle Sam calling my name...
http://fixco1.com/draftposter.jpg

so- i need to sign up on the forum.
ask about being a louisiana coordinator?
attend an appleseed (don't know how i'll be able to afford it soon after my week off for the rally- though there are a few in texas i could go too)
grab my rifle and host my own event?

Is this what is being asked?

torchbearer
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
also- could this be a boon for a local office run?

B964
08-18-2008, 06:12 PM
also- could this be a boon for a local office run?

A boon? Yes, I would think so. If you do get a chance to got to an AS in Texas, you will be attending with some of the best Riflemen around.
So register, look around a bit and then decide if you want to step up.
PM me your email you will use for registering and I will pass it along, maybe speed up the anti spam check on you.

torchbearer
08-18-2008, 07:47 PM
A boon? Yes, I would think so. If you do get a chance to got to an AS in Texas, you will be attending with some of the best Riflemen around.
So register, look around a bit and then decide if you want to step up.
PM me your email you will use for registering and I will pass it along, maybe speed up the anti spam check on you.

I'll chew on this tonight, and decide my path forward tomorrow.

newyearsrevolution08
08-28-2008, 03:12 AM
Happy to see this thread still moving along.

I will be setting on up here in Fresno, California as well ONCE I go to a couple myself.

I want Fresno to be VERY pro gun, pro carry and pro rights all around and the best way is to get a ton of the locals involved in a fun event like an appleseed event here in town with the family.