PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Phone Call in WV

Hurricane Bruiser
08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
A long time member (retired now) of the WV state legislature just called me up to discuss Ron Paul. Evidently he is a big fan and is looking for other supporters. We must have talked for 30 minutes. Virtually everyone in Parkersburg knows him (Fred Gillespie). I'm stopping by his office tommorrow to talk with him and give him some materials. Another forum member also has materials to share with him. This is really good because he has contacts across the state and knows a lot. I'm just excited to get a phone call out of the blue.

born2drv
08-30-2007, 08:27 PM
awesome ;) i think this viral campaign will eventually work a lot better then people think.... people are very distrustful these days, media doesn't buy what it used to.... but when you get an educated person you know and trust tell you why they support someone, it speaks to people much more.

gravesdav
08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Excellent news!

bbachtung
08-30-2007, 08:42 PM
It appears (http://sundaygazettemail.com/section/News/2007082910) that Ron Paul has filed in West Virginia (for their convention):

State Republican Chairman Dr. Doug McKinney said Giuliani is the fourth candidate to file for the convention.

“We’re expecting three or four more in the next day or two, but you never count them until you receive their checks,” McKinney said.

He mentioned Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, as a contender who has filed. Little known nationally, Paul is a physician who has served in the House of Representatives continuously since 1996 and was once the Libertarian Party candidate for president.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-30-2007, 08:45 PM
yes he has filed thankfully. I don't care for this convention but perhaps it will work out.

Spirit of '76
08-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Excellent!

A few years back Gillespievwas rooting for Rudy. Maybe there is hope for the GOP after all!

remaxjon
08-30-2007, 09:11 PM
A long time member (retired now) of the WV state legislature just called me up to discuss Ron Paul. Evidently he is a big fan and is looking for other supporters. We must have talked for 30 minutes. Virtually everyone in Parkersburg knows him (Fred Gillespie). I'm stopping by his office tommorrow to talk with him and give him some materials. Another forum member also has materials to share with him. This is really good because he has contacts across the state and knows a lot. I'm just excited to get a phone call out of the blue.

did he lose in 06 or retire?

rich34
08-30-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm from Sissonville, the name kinda sounds familar. How much pull does he have?

mdh
08-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Hiya rich. If you (or anyone else reading this) is interested in serving as a delegate or participating in events around West Virginia, please email me. mdh@solitox.net

This weekend is Regatta down in Charleston and Jubille in Weston. Our folks are going to be out in full force at both events.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-30-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure if he lost or retired. At any rate he is presently involved with his medical clinic (vision). I'm not sure how much pull he has, but he voted against the convention and told the group that changing to a convention was a way of increasing power of a few. Most everyone in Parkersburg would know of him. He was complaining to me about the Patriot Act. Sounds like a real nice guy.