PDA

View Full Version : Barack Hussein Obama and Hurricane Katrina

ladyliberty
08-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Two years after the Hurricanes, New Orleans is still in dismal shape and they blame the government for it. Obama is promising to rebuild New Orleans and Chris Dodd has introduced a new Gulf Coast Recovery Bill.

Here is Ron Paul's stance on this issue - that I agree with 110% -

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2005/tst091905.htm

and he will most likely vote NO on this new bill.

My question is - how can we counter these Barack supporters without sounding cruel and callous?

Especially now that they are spreading this sappy video around...

http://thepopulistblog.com/2007/08/support-gulf-coast-recovery-bill-of.html

Nefertiti
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
For starters, stop using his middle name. The only people who use it use it to play on people's fear of Muslims. No supporter of Obama is going to think of you as anything more than a raving neocon if you open with that.

LibertyBelle
08-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Two years after the Hurricanes, New Orleans is still in dismal shape and they blame the government for it. Obama is promising to rebuild New Orleans and Chris Dodd has introduced a new Gulf Coast Recovery Bill.Here is Ron Paul's stance on this issue - that I agree with 110% -

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2005/tst091905.htm

and he will most likely vote NO on this new bill.

My question is - how can we counter these Barack supporters without sounding cruel and callous?

Especially now that they are spreading this sappy video around...

http://thepopulistblog.com/2007/08/support-gulf-coast-recovery-bill-of.html

Obama to the rescue! Supermaaaan! He can leap tall buildings in a single bound, he can rebuild NO with his bear hands, and use big gov't bureacracy to screw it up and pay gov't contract companies 1,000 x's more than necessary to do the dirty work. Go Obama!!!

Man, people just don't realize how are money is squandered.

ladyliberty
08-30-2007, 08:04 PM
For starters, stop using his middle name. The only people who use it use it to play on people's fear of Muslims. No supporter of Obama is going to think of you as anything more than a raving neocon if you open with that.

I can't help it if that is what his parents chose to name him, can I?

At least I am not carrying signs around that say "Osama, Obama, and Chelsey's Moma" am I?

I am trying to be serious here. I can truly empathise with the people of NO - I live in FL and we were socked by 5 big hurricanes in 18 months - and no I do not blame it on global warming either! Before that I lived in Tornado Alley and dodged tornadoes - I know how devastating hurricanes and tornadoes can be, and I grew up on the Mississippi River so i know a few things about flooding too.

We always pulled our ownselves up by our bootstraps, and we were too proud to ask, let alone EXPECT government assistance. We have helped them already with millions of dollars, and just what did it get them? Throwing money at the problem is not the answer, they need a change of attitude.

I remember how my neighbors salvage houses - planks, boards, posts, blocks, bricks, corrugated tin, doorknobs from the ruined homes, and used those to materials to build or fix up another home to make it livable again.

kylejack
08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Do you always use everyone's middle name when discussing them? No. You're using this for a purpose, and that purpose is for a good chuckle about his "terrorist fascist" name.

I am trying to be serious here. I can truly empathise with the people of NO - I live in FL and we were socked by 5 big hurricanes in 18 months - and no I do not blame it on global warming either! Before that I lived in Tornado Alley and dodged tornadoes - I know how devastating hurricanes and tornadoes can be, and I grew up on the Mississippi River so i know a few things about flooding too.

We always pulled our ownselves up by our bootstraps, and we were too proud to ask, let alone EXPECT government assistance. We have helped them already with millions of dollars, and just what did it get them? Throwing money at the problem is not the answer, they need a change of attitude.

I remember how my neighbors salvage houses - planks, boards, posts, blocks, bricks, corrugated tin, doorknobs from the ruined homes, and used those to materials to build or fix up another home to make it livable again.

Probably one of the best ways to defuse this would be to point out that people from Hurricane Charlie are still living in government trailers...federal government's not good at getting people back on their feet. Private organizations and states can do a better job.

LibertyBelle
08-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Probably one of the best ways to defuse this would be to point out that people from Hurricane Charlie are still living in government trailers...federal government's not good at getting people back on their feet. Private organizations and states can do a better job.

Those trailers can be seen from I-75 (Port Charlotte) and the set up really looks like a concentration camp. First thing I thought when I drove past them. They were trying after a while to charge $1,000/mo for them.

Nefertiti
08-31-2007, 05:06 AM

NO, they DIDN'T choose to name him that. Muslim parents only choose the first name. A Muslim name consists of chosen first name, father's name as middle name, grandfather's name as last name. That goes for women as well-their middle name is a man's name.

And in any case, supporters of Obama (and I was once one of them) recognize the use of his middle name as the sign of someone who doesn't like him and doesn't like him because his father was Muslim. And they consider that a smear tactic. It just does not go over well-trust me as someone who once was in that camp.

kylejack
08-31-2007, 06:30 AM
NO, they DIDN'T choose to name him that. Muslim parents only choose the first name. A Muslim name consists of chosen first name, father's name as middle name, grandfather's name as last name. That goes for women as well-their middle name is a man's name.

I've always thought it to be a pretty neat naming convention, as it makes it easier to trace generations back. Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti. Then his sons, Uday Saddam Hussein and Qusay Saddam Hussein.