PDA

View Full Version : Be a Reuters Agency Press reporter at the Rally for the Republic

torchbearer
08-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Got this in a meetup email, haven't verified it yet, but looks interesting.

Hello Volunteers!

Are you going or do you know someone who is going or might know someone who is going to the Nominating Convention or the Ron Paul parallel event in Minneapolis/St. Paul?

Reuters just announced that they are looking for "from the ground-up" reporting from the Twin Cities in a couple weeks. You might be able to contribute your view for coverage by Reuters Agency! If selected, Reuters provides the equipment and related assistance.

I don't usually deliberately ask that messages be passed widely, but this is an international "Mainstream Media" opportunity for Ron Paul supporters which we rarely receive. Please cut and paste at least the BOLD part of this message and send it to your lists.

eMail "reutersmojo@gmail.com" for more details

*************** Start Reuters quote
http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/07/28/are-you-going-to-the-conventions-in-st-paul-and-denver/

This year's nominating conventions are poised to be some of the most exciting and newsworthy in decades. And because of new technology and online distribution, entire elections can now hinge on moments captured not by traditional journalists, but by ordinary citizens and those closest to the action.

Reuters is looking for participants in a new mobile journalism project that will capture this year's conventions from the ground up. We will be equipping attendees with video cameras, and helping them to shoot footage from their own perspective and upload it to Reuters.com <http://www.reuters.com/> and other sites.

We hope to capture an unseen side of the conventions, from those most involved — delegates, donors, convention volunteers and others. Unfortunately we can't provide passes into the conventions. But if you already have plans to attend, or know someone who does, email reutersmojo@gmail.com for more details.

Even if you're not going to Denver or St. Paul, what kind of coverage would you like to see? What questions would you like on-the-scene reporters to ask? Leave your suggestions in the comments section.

*************** end of Reuters quote

torchbearer
08-09-2008, 08:21 AM
gotta have someone here interested in writting a news piece and taking some pictures??

Indy Vidual
08-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Bump...
Your chance to report history.

torchbearer
08-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I would be interested, but i haven't even got my money together for travel and room.
It is probable that i will make it, but no guarantee.

Rhys
08-09-2008, 11:48 AM
cool! I used to be a reporter. This would be fun like the old days before I hated my job.

torchbearer
08-09-2008, 04:52 PM
cool! I used to be a reporter. This would be fun like the old days before I hated my job.

+1- time to become freelance journalist.

torchbearer
08-10-2008, 09:08 AM
//

IPSecure
08-10-2008, 09:55 AM
This should be reported on: Link (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=149464)

torchbearer
08-10-2008, 10:03 AM
bump

torchbearer
08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
bump

Bruno
08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I would be interested, but i haven't even got my money together for travel and room.
It is probable that i will make it, but no guarantee.

You actually might not make it? This is an event to charge if necessary, and pay off with your Christmas...err..Holilday Stimulus Package! ;)

torchbearer
08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
You actually might not make it? This is an event to charge if necessary, and pay off with your Christmas...err..Holilday Stimulus Package! ;)

well, the thing is getting two people there. i already have the money for one... and i may have to come alone.

Bruno
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
well, the thing is getting two people there. i already have the money for one... and i may have to come alone.

Well good that you can make it and I hope your friend can find the funds to make it, too. :)

slacker921
08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
also don't forget to bombard CNN iReport with videos and cell phone pics.. make them work hard to ignore you.

austin4paul
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
also don't forget to bombard CNN iReport with videos and cell phone pics.. make them work hard to ignore you.

Do you have a link for that? (Yeah, I'm too damn lazy to google it). :D

frasu
08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
iBump

torchbearer
08-12-2008, 02:25 PM
bump

acptulsa
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
I clicked the link and saw no indication whatever that they are interested in R4R participants. Just the conventions.

UtahApocalypse
08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I clicked the link and saw no indication whatever that they are interested in R4R participants. Just the conventions.

So?

We MAKE them interested :D