PDA

View Full Version : My design for DVD4Delegates that won but didn't win (long night!)

Jeremy
08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
So DVD4Delagates had a design contest a couple weeks ago and I found out this afternoon that mine was the winner ($100)! But uh oh, they told me they needed the finished file by today and I had to be somewhere for a few hours. So I get back home and I have tons of emails... noooo! They had a very tight deadline and had to go with someone else's design. I was going to work on it all night, trying to get them the file, but apparently the DVD company wanted it right then! Wow, what a night!

Here's my design, please tell me what you think: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2900/previewlargesi7.jpg

OK, hopefully it's not all bad news because there's supposed to be a second DVD. So I guess I have to work mine to fit that one now and we'll see if I win again. :rolleyes:

newyearsrevolution08
08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
sorry that happened, sometimes deadlines can jump out at you. It looked great, and yes if they have another one then I hope they award that to you. So you got assed out of the funds and everything?

Wait... they gave you "hours notice" for the finished file?.... that aint right. Who's design did they end up going with? Who came in second? Was that person able to provide the file within hours of notice like they gave you OR did they simply decide on using another design?

It sounds like they dropped the ball on it and not you though...

I think it is a worthy project and can't wait to see it followed through.

Jeremy
08-08-2008, 09:10 PM
sorry that happened, sometimes deadlines can jump out at you. It looked great, and yes if they have another one then I hope they award that to you. So you got assed out of the funds and everything?

Wait... they gave you "hours notice" for the finished file?.... that aint right. Who's design did they end up going with? Who came in second? Was that person able to provide the file within hours of notice like they gave you OR did they simply decide on using another design?

It sounds like they dropped the ball on it and not you though...

I think it is a worthy project and can't wait to see it followed through.

Were you one of the people voting on the winning design? (idk, it just seems like you know about the process more than your average person :p )

But yah... hours notice unfortunately. They are pretty busy over there! They're all working very hard, so if they ever ask us for help (like getting them out) we need to help. =) So although, yah, it pretty much sucks for me... I understand that it's pretty hectic for them. I wonder what the next DVD will be for exactly though...

Anyway, as far as the design goes as of now... they told me it was close between three designs (there was a vote and mine won in the end). So at least it was close... that means it won't be bad.

AstroSamurai
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
It looks really good, and definitely suits its purpose, sorry it didn't work out, nice job regardless.

The_Orlonater
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
That's actually quite nice. :)

constitutional
08-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Love the movie clip graphic with picture of Goldwater and Reagan in it. I don't like the tower picture. Seems like an odd object pointing up. A better picture of tower with visible surrounding would be awesome. Anyway, it's awesome. Sorry to hear it did not make it. :)

Jeremy
08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Love the movie clip graphic with picture of Goldwater and Reagan in it. I don't like the tower picture. Seems like an odd object pointing up. A better picture of tower with visible surrounding would be awesome. Anyway, it's awesome. Sorry to hear it did not make it. :)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_PKilPsTJgPM/SEtNf7_YlCI/AAAAAAAAAUU/9sovGxJgpUI/P1000225.JPG

Washington Monument :p

yah, i needed something tall to be there... I tried a flag pole, but I couldn't find a good one.

constitutional
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Washington Monument :p

yah, i needed something tall to be there... I tried a flag pole, but I couldn't find a good one.

Right, Washington Monument. Funny I typed that into google to get the picture but did not write that in the post. arghh. :)

Jeremy
08-09-2008, 08:19 AM
bump for the morning =o

MRoCkEd
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Where is the design they decided to use?

Kludge
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Here's my design, please tell me what you think: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2900/previewlargesi7.jpg

I think you're going to be receiving a hell of a lot more requests soon :p

Jeremy
08-09-2008, 10:24 AM
it was my first dvd ever designed =D

actually... it was the first thing i designed that was meant to be used off the internet. everything else ive worked on was for websites

Jeremy
08-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Where is the design they decided to use?

Haven't seen it yet.

Bryan
08-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I really like it- nice job!