PDA

View Full Version : I'm halfway there. Will you help me reach my goal?

Sematary
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
As one of the Ct. Leadership group, I am DETERMINED to reach Minnesota no matter what. Many of you are already aware of this. I have alot of auctions ending this weekend which I'm hoping will raise about half the money I needed to make this trip.
Because of that I was able to change my chipin amount to $700 of which I have almost half now. If it is at all within your ability to help me reach that goal, I am asking that you please do so. I am only one of four people from Ct. (of a possible 7 I guess) who was willing to stand up and ask to be part of the leadership group and make the commitment to taking the training, etc...
So, if you can...

Thanks

Bob

kaleidoscope eyes
08-08-2008, 06:57 PM
blimp

Sematary
08-09-2008, 06:41 AM
blimp

Is that the same as "bump"?

MRoCkEd
08-09-2008, 06:57 AM
what's the ct leadership group?

kaleidoscope eyes
08-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Is that the same as "bump"?

why yes it is. ;)

LibertyEagle
08-09-2008, 07:05 AM
All,

Remember that huge rally in Philadelphia? In case you didn't know, that Rally was Sematary's idea and largely happened because of all of his hard work.

Just in case you didn't know.... :)

Joseph Hart
08-09-2008, 07:37 AM
can you show us a picture of yourself? So that we have some evidence that you are not just scamming us?

Joseph Hart
08-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Also if your leaving from CT you don't need $700, thats insane.

ARealConservative
08-09-2008, 07:55 AM

It's a week of wages in addition to the travel costs.

:D

hopeforamerica
08-09-2008, 08:20 AM
I just chipped in a bit. Good luck Semetary and thanks for all the good work you do!

RickyJ
08-09-2008, 08:26 AM

No of course he doesn't. He says he needs extra money to make up for missing work for a week.

Sematary
08-09-2008, 08:50 AM
No of course he doesn't. He says he needs extra money to make up for missing work for a week.

Exactly so. Thanks. :-)
That's why I am selling stuff I NEVER thought I'd be selling. AND... of course, there are two of us, not just me.

Sematary
08-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I just chipped in a bit. Good luck Semetary and thanks for all the good work you do!

Thankyou. I really appreciate it.

Sematary
08-10-2008, 12:12 AM
bump. Unfortunately, my auctions aren't going as well as hoped. Hopefully the yard sale next week exceeds expectations. I still need donations.

Bob

brandon
08-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Hey Bob. Did you know that Tom Kawczynski recently wrote a book? A big part of the book is about the Philly rally, and you are mentioned several times. It's free to read online.

http://tomkawczynski.com/an-unlikely-revolution/

Anyway, good luck with the yard sale. Hope it goes well.

Sematary
08-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Hey Bob. Did you know that Tom Kawczynski recently wrote a book? A big part of the book is about the Philly rally, and you are mentioned several times. It's free to read online.

http://tomkawczynski.com/an-unlikely-revolution/

Anyway, good luck with the yard sale. Hope it goes well.

Sweet. I'm gonna check that out right now. No - I didn't know that. :-)

Sematary
08-10-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm glad he gave me so much mention. :-)
I found the story of the Philly Rally in chapter 16
I think it was mentioned elsewhere as well.
I'll have to drop Tom a note. It's been awhile.

Sematary
08-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Man, that story brings back memories - and goosebumps. I had kind of let it slip my memory how much trouble we had getting that rally together and how close it came to not happening. I'm so glad he wrote this.

Sematary
08-10-2008, 11:58 AM
bump

Sematary
08-10-2008, 05:43 PM
So after my auctions end tomorrow (and I get paid for everything), I'll be somewhere over $800 or so. My yard sale is next week. Hoping for some more from that. Even $100 would help. So I'm still looking at about $300 (thereabouts). I could really use the help and time IS growing short. I still have a few auctions going and will add some more this week, time permitting. Thanks in advance for any donations that anyone sees fit to send my way.

rajibo
08-10-2008, 05:47 PM
So, if you only raise enough money to pay for yourself, will your daughter be taking one for the team and staying on the homefront?

Sematary
08-10-2008, 07:33 PM
So, if you only raise enough money to pay for yourself, will your daughter be taking one for the team and staying on the homefront?

We're a team. I'll find a way. How can I leave her now? She did Ozzfest with me. She went to Philadelphia with me. She sat through an incredibly frightening drive through a blizzard to see Rand Paul (and others) speak at the Boston Teaparty (where she helped me hand out fliers for the event). She went to D.C. with me. She went through parking lots putting slimjims on cars with me. She talked to people with me. I can't leave her now.

qh4dotcom
08-10-2008, 08:27 PM
We're a team. I'll find a way. How can I leave her now? She did Ozzfest with me. She went to Philadelphia with me. She went to D.C. with me. She went through parking lots putting slimjims on cars with me. She talked to people with me. I can't leave her now.

You need to be asking other people as well as RPF members to help you out...there is a limit as to how much money RPF members are willing to help you out with.

Try DailyPaul members, RonPaul.com members, people who leave comments on the CFL blog, join Meetups even if they are not close to you and ask those Meetup members via e-mail, look for Ron Paul comments on other blogs or forums, ask friends and other people you know, etc.

Don't forget the advice I gave you on my PM that you seemed to disregard.

Sematary
08-11-2008, 05:52 AM
You need to be asking other people as well as RPF members to help you out...there is a limit as to how much money RPF members are willing to help you out with.

Try DailyPaul members, RonPaul.com members, people who leave comments on the CFL blog, join Meetups even if they are not close to you and ask those Meetup members via e-mail, look for Ron Paul comments on other blogs or forums, ask friends and other people you know, etc.

Don't forget the advice I gave you on my PM that you seemed to disregard.

I ask here because this is where I have been active for over a year. I have not been asking on the others because I never post there. It seems wrong somehow. I have also sent out emails via my local (state) meetup and have been raising funds the old fashion way - selling my stuff. Still, with all that I have sold (considerable amount of personal objects that I never thought I'd part with), I am still short. And, I never disregard advice. I carefully look at it and decide what is the best course of action. :-)
Thanks for your advice and assistance.

qh4dotcom
08-11-2008, 11:16 AM
If you sell all your stuff now...not only will it be hard to part with because it has sentimental value to you...but the next time Ron Paul has another event you want to go to...you will have nothing more to sell.

The advice I gave you makes more sense as you can sell unlimited copies of a PDF file....without sacrificing your personal stuff...and you help people at the same time make their PC faster...it's a win-win situation for both you and them.

Sematary
08-11-2008, 11:20 AM
If you sell all your stuff now...not only will it be hard to part with because it has sentimental value to you...but the next time Ron Paul has another event you want to go to...you will have nothing more to sell.

The advice I gave you makes more sense as you can sell unlimited copies of a PDF file....without sacrificing your personal stuff...and you help people at the same time make their PC faster...it's a win-win situation for both you and them.

I am considering it (as you know) but considering my time constraints with THIS rally, I have to make the sacrifices now. Your solution may net me enough over time for future events.

Sematary
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, all my current items have finished their run. Several did not sell, several did. I have five packed up and ready to ship in the next couple of days. I am still waiting on payment on another two. After paying Ebay their ridiculous fees, I am at about $750 with the $345 in generous donations I have already received. I am holding some stuff back till my yard sale on Saturday which I hope will net me a couple hundred. That still leaves me several hundred short of where I need to be so ,again, please, if you can, donate to my chipin. I AM doing all I can to raise these funds but time is running short.
Thanks for your consideration.

Bob

Sematary
08-11-2008, 11:48 PM
bump

angelatc
08-12-2008, 07:35 AM
We're a team. I'll find a way. How can I leave her now? She did Ozzfest with me. She went to Philadelphia with me. She sat through an incredibly frightening drive through a blizzard to see Rand Paul (and others) speak at the Boston Teaparty (where she helped me hand out fliers for the event). She went to D.C. with me. She went through parking lots putting slimjims on cars with me. She talked to people with me. I can't leave her now.

This is the post that you should use as your marketing spiel. You almost made my cry.

Sematary
08-12-2008, 07:38 AM
This is the post that you should use as your marketing spiel. You almost made my cry.

I forget, sometimes, that alot of people have been involved far less time than I have and don't know this stuff. All the people that have been here since middle of last year and earlier know what I was up to with getting the Philly Rally organized and handing out fliers at Ozzfest, etc... I essentially spent every dime I had pimping for Ron Paul, got a second job, gave up the second job and started working more hours at my regular job. It's been an interesting year + :D

angelatc
08-12-2008, 07:44 AM
During the primary season, I'd notice posts by "new" people with 1,500 other posts! They would have been members for months, but it was so crowded in here that everybody couldn't know everybody.

The youth is the future of the revolution. Kids who grow up around politics take to it naturally.

angelatc
08-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Hey Semetary, I bid on a couple of your systems but didn't win. I figure I'd go ahead and send you the money I was going to spend anyway, but I can't seem to locate your CHip-In.

hopeforamerica
08-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey Semetary, I bid on a couple of your systems but didn't win. I figure I'd go ahead and send you the money I was going to spend anyway, but I can't seem to locate your CHip-In.

Here it is:

http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

Sematary
08-12-2008, 01:30 PM

It's listed in my sig. :-)
Thanks.

ronpaulhawaii
08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Happy to see people sending some love to Bob and his daughter. He is the patriot, she is the future.

m- is on the roadside

Sematary
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Happy to see people sending some love to Bob and his daughter. He is the patriot, she is the future.

m- is on the roadside

How's the walking going, Mike? Better than the beginning? ;)

angelatc
08-12-2008, 03:14 PM
It's listed in my sig. :-)
Thanks.

Ah! I have sigs turned off! That's why I didn't see it. Thanks hopeforamerica!

Sematary
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Ah! I have sigs turned off! That's why I didn't see it. Thanks hopeforamerica!

Thank you

Sematary
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Getting closer. I'm 2/3 of the way there. :-)

Sematary
08-12-2008, 08:16 PM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
How's the walking going, Mike? Better than the beginning? ;)

Going great, my feet hurt, I'm burnt, whats new? - LOL TH meeting kicked ass - BTW Anyway, please help Bob so I can recruit him to help us -

Sematary
08-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Going great, my feet hurt, I'm burnt, whats new? - LOL TH meeting kicked ass - BTW Anyway, please help Bob so I can recruit him to help us -

Ya, I bet they do hurt. How many miles a day are you guys walking?

Sematary
08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry. Still pimping folks. I'm getting closer but I'm not there yet.