PDA

View Full Version : how do you deal with these people?

Jon S
08-30-2007, 04:28 PM
sorry it may not be post-worthy but i've talked to quite a few people who won't support ron paul because they say he's "in the wrong party" is anyone else fuckin fed up with this blind loyalty to a specific party? i was telling my friend (who is brainwashed by his mom to be a major major liberal and ties liberalism directly to the democrat party) about all of ron paul's "liberal" stances and he said "well if he's so liberal then why is he running as a republican?" i said "because if you look at his stances they are more conservative than anyone else's. again my friend ties the word conservative to to all republicans. it just pisses me off there are so many fucking blind followers of this "liberal" mindset who try to "stay open-minded" but scoff at anything differing from their views.

gahhh i know its a rant but im just real pissed off.

btw this convo with my friend started when i said how much i hated micheal moore (to which i got a "if you hate micheal moore you love GWB" response)

Jon S
08-30-2007, 04:30 PM
btw thats not to say all liberals are like this because to a certain extent i consider myself one.

hard@work
08-30-2007, 04:34 PM
He's not liberal at all, he's constitutional. He's liberal in the sense of change that needs to be done, but the changes are conservative to our governmental foundation and a return to the idealogy of Liberty. He believes in freedom, and he believes in the power of our government. It is a shame to him that our country has been subverted by corporatism and it must be stopped. In order for our two party system to work the two parties of our countries must be restored so that we can get back to work on debate and dialogue. The only thing that the parties are interested in right now is power brokering. And if you are a "Democrat" then unfortunately for you the only man who truly wants to change the system back to the foundational principles that will allow us to move our country forward from a truly progressive and respectfully conservative manner is the libertarian leaning Ron Paul.

Jon S
08-30-2007, 04:38 PM
see this is what i said. i said that people on both sides have gotten these jaded views about how each party is supposed to run with no real knowledge of what they used to be. its all become rhetoric with no follow-up but people have gotten so used to it that the rhetoric starts to hold meaning in their mind. and we need someone who will follow their statements with action. i also got a "we need taxes or how is the country going to run?" i told him there would be less federal taxes because we don't need all these big government programs and without them what are our taxes paying for? and he gave me a blank stare and went to something else.

i just hate arguing with people who have no clue what they're talking about.

hard@work
08-30-2007, 04:45 PM
You need a breakdown method. There's a way to deprogram people from an engineered thought pattern (this is real marketing and sales stuff not wacky psycrap). It takes a thought process of deconstructing the belief system that they currently have, but in order to do this you need a really solid understand both of the positions they've been given and how to compliment that position with an alternative solution.

I am pro choice.

Well, we can finally solve abortion together if we break it down to the 50 state solution and start working on the problem instead of letting the politicians use the issue to steal our votes and do nothing later. Pro-environmental Republicans cannot vote for *insert democrats here* because of the pro-life issue. The *democrat* knows this and uses this. It works both ways, and no one actually intends on helping out the poor kids that are getting unwanted pregnancies.

I am pro welfare (supporting *insert poor or disadvantaged people here*)

Well, we are being screwed by the system in that we are unable to afford to take care of people on our own. The government has been taxing ourselves and the small businesses we work for so hard, then subsidizing the larger corporations (leading to corporatism) which are pounding us down further. Then they take a small portion of that tax money and innefeciently filter it down through politically motivated bureaucracies that do almost nothing to solve the issues of the *insert poor souls here*. What we need is to get that system of government control out of our lives so we can get back to focusing on charity and community, instead of letting them drive us into controlled poverty. I'd love to take care of more people and get more active but I only have so many resources left and my money is going to keeping my head afloat (or whatever you can say about why we all don't do more charity instead of welfare). We really need to get that money back into the pockets of the people, especially the lower middle class before the poverty level gets worse. Otherwise we will slowly become more and more dependent on welfare instead of ourselves and the ability to give charity like we used to before we became so socialized (and ended up with an entire population of homeless).

I use stuff like that and challenge people to think and research the issues before making up their mind. I was fairly pro-welfare until I heard of Dr. No.

;-)