PDA

View Full Version : Would Idiots Exist In The Free Market?

Kade
08-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Recently, I've caught the communicable disease Known as Free Market Purism (also know as 22q13 deletion syndrome when it is natural), and my head was instantly cleared, and the rest of my body, well, let me tell ya, underwent quite the cleansing detox too!

After reading the recent explanatory and informative posts (which were all very rational and polite I might add!) about what could and could not exist in the Free Market, I began to wonder what others thing might be excluded in our simulated fantasy land. Could it be that our hypothetical Free Market Land could also weed out idiots?

I got to thinking, which, if you know me well enough, it's very, very difficult for me to form any sort of individual thought, if I am able to produce a thought at all! (This might be why I caught FMP so easily!) Anyway, this experiment I thought about in my head produced wondrous results! It seems that when I combined verbal logic with a dash of propaganda, and all kinds of assumptions, I was, in totality, able to eliminate idiots altogether from our Fantasy Land!!!

Now first, we had to define "idiots" so that the term did not apply too loosely to anything that might sneak it's way under the verbal logic! So, idiots were simply defined as Anyone who does not agree with the principles of Free Market Purism.

Then we had to set out, (in our fantasy simulation) the next steps in ridding ourselves of these people... since they do not stand for individualism because they do not think like us!

Now, in order to do this, I had to create, magically, a non-violent police force to enforce the principles of liberty. This was a difficult task. I myself am far too dumb and inferior to create such a logical fallacy, so I resorted to my Anarchists' Cookbook and my Rothbard dictiorany, and voila, I just assumed it into existence!

I knew the next steps were difficult, but I made it twice as easy by defining all the "idiots" (see above) into the same category. This category needs a name that associated (in the general population) with evil... since "idiots" itself seemed to self define, we needed a primer. Thus was born, "Liberasocialefthitlerarxism".

Granted, at first my mind mildy rebelled, I mean how could a class system and a non-class system be related to a philosophy of freedom and a economic system and people who labeled themselves free thinkers (ya right!)? But I ignored these problems... because it was so much easier to pile these people into the same category... I mean c'mon, we all know that we are the individuals, who stand proudly by our strict principles and shun the outsiders belligerently and without provocation! These guys are all collectivist, and we ought to subvert them to our will, or destroy their cause in any possible manner!

With the "idiots" all properly defined, I moved towards the final enforcement of our principles! We needed to expose the last remaining people who were against us to the public.

This was actually the easiest part. In our mental experiment, we just simply erased privacy. it was sheer genius and I'm sad to admit that I didn't think of it myself (Something I can thank ARealConservative and Kludge for).
The best part about this whole mental experiment (a paper will be forthcoming) is that by using so many assumptions and insulting other people who might have questioned my values, I was able to improve upon the results with little rigidity. our grand experiment was able to prove, through valid verbal logic and assumptions, (a nice load of propaganda) that there was no way "idiots" (as we defined them) could possibly exist in a REAL Free Market!

Astonishing! Spread the word my fellow Liberty Movement Collective! Tell as many people as possible, and stomp out and insult anyone who dares to disagree! It's our destiny and our goal, to bring back our version of liberty to the people, even if we have to shove it down their throats!

Down with idiots!

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
You are proof that they are everywhere. :rolleyes:

yongrel
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I think the bigger question is whether Cheez Whiz would exist in a free market. I friggin' love cheez whiz.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I think the bigger question is whether Cheez Whiz would exist in a free market. I friggin' love cheez whiz.
Supply and demand. ;)

orafi
08-08-2008, 03:01 PM
love and compassion would not be able to live side by side with the cold-hearted bitch that is the free market!!!!

The One
08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
This thread needs a poll.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
love and compassion would not be able to live side by side with the cold-hearted bitch that is the free market!!!! Based on WHAT first hand experience? :p

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
This thread needs a poll. You need a pole. :D

hypnagogue
08-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Kade, you take the posters on these boards far too seriously. I hope you aren't letting the nonsense that some of them come up with disparage your opinion of free market principles in general. Never forget, this is the internet. Bullshit is to be expected.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Kade, you take the posters on these boards far too seriously. I hope you aren't letting the nonsense that some of them come up with disparage your opinion of free market principles in general. Never forget, this is the internet. Bullshit is to be expected. You're singing to the preacher there ( to coin a phrase ). :rolleyes:

Uriel999
08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Never forget, this is the internet. Bullshit is to be expected.

That should be a disclaimer that shows up every time you open Firefox or Internet explorer! Truer words have never been spoken.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
That should be a disclaimer that shows up every time you open Firefox or Internet explorer! Truer words have never been spoken. Are you sober yet? :rolleyes:

The_Orlonater
08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
:rolleyes:

ARealConservative
08-08-2008, 06:26 PM
The more interesting question is the job Kade would be awarded in his Utopian Technocracy.

Any guesses? :D

brandon
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes they will. Don't worry Kade, we will set up private charities to make sure you don't perish.

AutoDas
08-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Praise Government! Bless the Politicians! The devil is the Free Market!

Alex Libman
08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes, idiots would exist in a free market. But they would be poor and powerless.

One exception to this is the trust-fund babies who inherited their wealth and are prevented by some legal constraints from wasting it too quickly, but those would decrease over time. Without politicians or elections, activists would direct their attention to other societal ills and attempt to address them by economic means. I'm sure Hilton hotels would feel a significant decline in business every time Paris Hilton did something stupid. This would encourage the super-rich to avoid leaving too much money to their idiot children and put it to a better use instead.

The_Orlonater
08-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Kade, do you do anything else but flame? Especially if it's not with your view? Come on show some respect and others will too.

micahnelson
08-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Kade, do you do anything else but flame? Especially if it's not with your view? Come on show some respect and others will too.

Thats actually not entirely true. It is a trend on these forums that the more abusive and incendiary your rhetoric, the more likely you are to receive status and get respect. Thats what I notice at least.

In a flamewar, you are either a flamethrower or are on fire. If you survive to be a senior member for a long time- you are either a flame thrower or you have massive patience.

I realize there are exceptions, but they stand out because they aren't the rule. It goes back to the concept of educated consumers and voters... we say we want good products, principled politicians, and intelligent discussion- but we buy cheap imports, vote for the lesser of two evils, and involve ourselves in petty squabbles.

Kludge
08-08-2008, 07:57 PM
You know you're a badass when bleeding heart liberal "social engineering" PC jealous internet addicts type your name in a long OP that no one reads (less the words in bold, of course)!

The_Orlonater
08-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Thats actually not entirely true. It is a trend on these forums that the more abusive and incendiary your rhetoric, the more likely you are to receive status and get respect. Thats what I notice at least.

In a flamewar, you are either a flamethrower or are on fire. If you survive to be a senior member for a long time- you are either a flame thrower or you have massive patience.

I realize there are exceptions, but they stand out because they aren't the rule. It goes back to the concept of educated consumers and voters... we say we want good products, principled politicians, and intelligent discussion- but we buy cheap imports, vote for the lesser of two evils, and involve ourselves in petty squabbles.

Kade is definitely a flamethrower. But fine, I understand your point.

micahnelson
08-08-2008, 08:02 PM

I won't disagree there. I just have an asbestos keyboard, so its not a problem. I don't get angry or offended too easily.

The_Orlonater
08-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I won't disagree there. I just have an asbestos keyboard, so its not a problem. I don't get angry or offended too easily.

Yay. :)

The One
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM

Did you mean Kade is definitely a flamer?

Mini-Me
08-08-2008, 09:59 PM
<long nonsensical sarcastic rant that completely sidesteps rational debate>
Down with idiots!

Hey, um...guys...? I must have missed something, because Kade's arguing in ghemminger's voice. Did you guys drug him or something? :o

Kludge
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey, um...guys...? I must have missed something, because Kade's arguing in ghemminger's voice. Did you guys drug him or something? :o

Kade's getting grumpy that he's still the last liberal on RPFs methinks.

Conza88
08-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Ok I LOL'd for a lot of these posts... the following contributors got laughs.

Truth Warrior, Yongrel, ARealConservative, brandonyates, AutoDas, The One, Mini-Me.

:D

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 06:56 AM
The more interesting question is the job Kade would be awarded in his Utopian Technocracy.

[Personal insult redacted by Moderator]

micahnelson
08-09-2008, 07:59 AM
[Personal insult redacted by Mod]

I realize you'll say "He Started It", but how would you expect someone to react when you say stuff like this.

This is my point about flame wars and this site. Nobody talks about ideas to promote liberty anymore. It has become name calling about petty issues.

LibertyEagle
08-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I realize you'll say "He Started It", but how would you expect someone to react when you say stuff like this.

This is my point about flame wars and this site. Nobody talks about ideas to promote liberty anymore. It has become name calling about petty issues.

QFT.

Folks, if you can't say something that isn't a personal insult to another forum member, DO NOT SAY IT AT ALL.

Kludge
08-09-2008, 08:09 AM
QFT.

Folks, if you can't say something that isn't a personal insult to another forum member, DO NOT SAY IT AT ALL.

:rolleyes:?

:p :D