PDA

View Full Version : Dem's have a problem.

Sarge
08-08-2008, 01:25 PM
John Edwards admits affair,

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5441195&page=1

Any bets on a DNA test?

yongrel
08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Grover Cleveland: the sequel

Kludge
08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Dudewtf... Wasn't his wife diagnosed with cancer not too long ago?

DirtMcGirt
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2160/maurypovichpaternitytesoe7.th.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maurypovichpaternitytesoe7.jpg)

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Typical politician lying SCUMBAG. He's publically denied the affair for YEARS.

Sarge
08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes,

She is trying to recover from the cancer.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
08-08-2008, 01:47 PM
She has inoperable, terminal cancer. He says he had the affair while it was in remission....

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=5441195&page=1

votefreedomfirst
08-08-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/john%20edwards%20100.jpg

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 01:49 PM
The Dem "spin" control squad on TV is now whining and moaning about the "politics of personal destruction", that THEY invented.

Geeze, what slimy BS scumbag business, politics is. < GAG ! >

"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"

Monolithic
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
how is this a dem problem

edwards isn't the candidate and isn't going to be the vp candidate

and he's not speaking at the convention

Kludge
08-08-2008, 01:51 PM

Eh - he's a member of one of the Two Parties. Might as well politicize his personal life.

acptulsa
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM

Very strange that this old news came to the fore just when one would have expected it to if Edwards had been the nominee. It smells of "you can have this story as long as you sit on it until August..."

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 01:53 PM

and he's not speaking at the convention :rolleyes:

acptulsa
08-08-2008, 01:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Those things properly inflated? Obama wants to know!

Kade
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
So **cking what?

This shouldn't be news. It's his own damned business.

Sarge
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
He was being considered to speak at the convention.

Other democrats were telling him he had to come out with a strong denial if it was not true.

Just do a google search.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Those things properly inflated? Obama wants to know! 5,000 mpg. :D

acptulsa
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
5,000 mpg. :D

Mocks/Pair of Glasses?

Kludge
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
So **cking what?

Lying and adultery are both sins, Kadey.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
So **cking what?

Public officaials don't have "private" lives. You want private just stay out of politics and out of the public trough.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Mocks/Pair of Glasses? Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Kade
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM

This country is screwed, royally. Professional moralists and religious fanatics unite. Unbelievably stupid.

Choke on it hypocrites.

yongrel
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
So **cking what?

It's titillating, though not terribly relevant. However, as someone aspiring to public offices of power, I don't think he can expect the privacy that you or I do.

I think the act of running for public office exposes oneself to investigation and scrutiny to a far greater extent than a private citizen.

Kade
08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
It's titillating, though not terribly relevant. However, as someone aspiring to public offices of power, I don't think he can expect the privacy that you or I do.

I think the act of running for public office exposes oneself to investigation and scrutiny to a far greater extent than a private citizen.

Not an excuse for you guys to wallow around in it like juvenile pack apes hovering around a fresh red bottom.

Kludge
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Choke on it hypocrites.

Homosexuality is a sin as well.

Kade, I'm praying that He forgives you and that you change your immoral ways...

Have you read the Bible recently?

yongrel
08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Not an excuse for you guys to wallow around in it like juvenile pack apes hovering around a fresh red bottom.

I don't have any compelling reason not to lampoon a hypocritical politician who once spoke about the importance of values and whatnot and now has been exposed as a hypocrite.

You're not the only one bothered by hypocrisy.

Kade
Homosexuality is a sin as well.

Kade, I'm praying that He forgives you and that you change your immoral ways...

Have you read the Bible recently?

I'm sure whatever version of gods you worship will be equally amused by my lack of idol worship, in whatever form....

I ran out of Charmin the other day, and instead of using my Eco-towels, I decided to use my old Study Bible.. the pages were soft, and it did the job well.

Nothing sacred.

Truth Warrior
Why do I suspect Kade's views on Larry Craig are VERY different?

Kade
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't have any compelling reason not to lampoon a hypocritical politician who once spoke about the importance of values and whatnot and now has been exposed as a hypocrite.

You're not the only one bothered by hypocrisy.

That is the most valid point on this thread yet... but that wasn't what was spoken of...

Yes, he was a bit more faithical then the rest...

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm sure whatever version of gods you worship will be equally amused by my lack of idol worship, in whatever form....

I ran out of Charmin the other day, and instead of using my Eco-towels, I decided to use my old Study Bible.. the pages were soft, and it did the job well.

Nothing sacred. Except the STATE and http://www.lawrence.edu/sorg/objectivism/socfasc.html

Kade
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I said the same things when this crap happened to the rest of the morons... Clinton, Gingrich, and Craig and Vitter recently.. I don't care about the stuff they do...

It is about the hypocrisy though. Edwards is not really in office anymore... no need to bother him.

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 02:20 PM
If they cheat on their own wives, then what are they doing to the rest of us? :eek:

The mind boggles. :p :rolleyes:

Johnnybags
08-08-2008, 02:22 PM
riding Mizz Hunter at the same time and its the staffers kid? I sware half these people must have a communicable disease.

SLSteven
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
In which of the "two Americas" is Edwards living?

LittleLightShining
08-08-2008, 04:22 PM
This country is screwed, royally. Professional moralists and religious fanatics unite. Unbelievably stupid.

Choke on it hypocrites.Honestly, religion aside here (and I know how difficult that is for you) if a man makes an oath to a woman and he can't keep it how can he be trusted? He doesn't want his sickly wife anymore? Divorce her, don't cheat on her and lie about it? He's a scumbag.

dannno
08-08-2008, 04:43 PM
So **cking what?

Should be news here. He got caught after they trapped him in an elevator for several minutes in a hotel down the street from me :D

I think it's a really funny story how he got caught..

Unfortunately someone had Hannity on their radio earlier and he's trying to make this out to be as big as the Monica Lewinsky scandal...

dannno
08-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh and Hannity is also trying to uncover a related scandal...

I think this girl may have been paid over $100k to design his campaign website, and apparently she doesn't have any web design experience.

LittleLightShining
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM

I think this girl may have been paid over $100k to design his campaign website, and apparently she doesn't have any web design experience.Hahaha! Girl! She's 42 years old!

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
" I did NOT have a baby with that woman, Ms. Hunter." -- John Edwards

yongrel
08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Bonus Edwards quote, about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky: "I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."

ARealConservative
08-08-2008, 05:26 PM
So **cking what?

hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc&feature=related

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Bonus Edwards quote, about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky: "I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen." And the pungent fragrance of HYPOCRISY yet once again filled the air. ;)

yongrel
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
And the pungent fragrance of HYPOCRISY once again filled the air. ;)

It's an aroma I'm all too familiar with. *sigh*

Truth Warrior
08-08-2008, 05:31 PM
It's an aroma I'm all too familiar with. *sigh*
Let's start a "movement" to change the word "politician" to "hypocrite". ;)

It just might even come under the "Truth in Labeling" law. :D

Sarge
08-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Look at this,

"Another blow to Democrats today -- Edwards former national finance chairman, Fred Baron, said he had made payments to Hunter in an attempt to keep her quiet about the affair, without the knowledge of Edwards."

And I have an extra bridge to sell you if you buy this one.

He knew Edwards was lying, he tried to pay her off without him knowing?

The LA times failed to investigate. They shut down the blog on any comments. They are getting slammed big time for not checking out the story.

I would cancel my subscription. MSM cover up when it comes to a Dem. Now they have to report.

The real deal will be how many Edwards supports say NO VOTE. I am picking up they feel betrayed and this might well throw the whole race into a tail spin.

McCain and Hillary. No Comment. You bet.

Where was Larry Flint on this one?

O on vacation for a week. Edwards confesses on a Friday with the Olympics. Get the story buried fast.

But for the internet, we would no longer know what is going on out there. The media has sold out.

Imagine, the National Enquirer is the only one that pursued the story. Does that say something for the press now days.

LA times has egg on their face for not investigating.

I would not be disappointed if one or two million called in and dropped their subscriptions to the LA Times. That is a message they might start to understand.

mtmedlin
08-09-2008, 07:40 AM
A Politician putting his pickle in someone elses jar is hardly news and wont cause a problem for the party. Hell, if Bill can get a BJ from a fat chick in the oval office without real backlash then I ask you "How coud this cause a problem?"
Overall i couldnt care less if he sleeps around. It does show a lack of character but doesnt cause his decision making ability to be altered. What I have an issue with is the lying. He should ahve said "My personal life is non of your business" and left it at that. For those that think you shouldnt have a personal life if your a politician....well, your the problem! Politicians have jobs and while on those jobs I expect them to do the function of government. If while off of work they commit actions that are perfectly legal, yet are considered by some to be immoral, then I say those who think its immoral work on the "Judge not" portion of the Bible!

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 08:42 AM
A Politician putting his pickle in someone elses jar is hardly news and wont cause a problem for the party. Hell, if Bill can get a BJ from a fat chick in the oval office without real backlash then I ask you "How coud this cause a problem?"
Overall i couldnt care less if he sleeps around. It does show a lack of character but doesnt cause his decision making ability to be altered. What I have an issue with is the lying. He should ahve said "My personal life is non of your business" and left it at that. For those that think you shouldnt have a personal life if your a politician....well, your the problem! Politicians have jobs and while on those jobs I expect them to do the function of government. If while off of work they commit actions that are perfectly legal, yet are considered by some to be immoral, then I say those who think its immoral work on the "Judge not" portion of the Bible! Hmmm? Some would consider impeachment a problem.<IMHO> ;)

James Madison
08-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Honestly, religion aside here (and I know how difficult that is for you) if a man makes an oath to a woman and he can't keep it how can he be trusted? He doesn't want his sickly wife anymore? Divorce her, don't cheat on her and lie about it? He's a scumbag.

McCain did pretty much the same thing. I wonder if that tidbit will come out before the election?

Kraig
08-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Sad everyone cares about this so much to where this kind of crap becomes news while we have everything else going on in the world of politics.

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Sad everyone cares about this so much to where this kind of crap becomes news while we have everything else going on in the world of politics. Just part of theater called politics. :p :rolleyes:

angelatc
08-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Edwards is a scum sucking lawyer who made a fortune milking insurance companies by blaming MD's for birth defects. He's a bottom feeder. Why anybody actually expected better from him is what I don't grasp.

As much as I hate to admit it though, sexual morals might not make good Presidential material. See "Carter." Bush doesn't have a public reputation with sexual issues, but he is the worst President in recent history.

angelatc
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
McCain did pretty much the same thing. I wonder if that tidbit will come out before the election?

It's a tough sell because his first wife still speaks highly of him in public. So many people are divorced these days that it isn't the scandal that it could be.

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 10:27 AM
The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

:p

angelatc
08-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I would not be disappointed if one or two million called in and dropped their subscriptions to the LA Times. That is a message they might start to understand.

This is a big reason why the print media is dying. They don't actually investigate stories, they just reprint statements and press releases.

The story broke in the National Enquirer or The Star or something tabloid. That's the same format that broke the S&L scandal way back in the '80's.

People need to wake up. Go look at any big scandal or story you can remember, and see which ones broke in the MSM. The answer is: none.

The Iraqi missile photoshop came from a blogger. Lewinski came from Drudge. The gay White House "reporter" came from bloggers.

I inadvertently played this game in an eBay group I used to post in. Even I was dumbfounded when the liberals tried to shoot my theory down by naming stories, and every single one of them originated from a source outside the "real" reporters.

mtmedlin
08-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Hmmm? Some would consider impeachment a problem.<IMHO> ;)

Hate to break it to you but boinking some chick other then your wife isnt impeachable and since he wasnt under oath when he lied, he hasnt commited a crime. Sorry, not impeachable under any circumstances.

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Hate to break it to you but boinking some chick other then your wife isnt impeachable and since he wasnt under oath when he lied, he hasnt commited a crime. Sorry, not impeachable under any circumstances. Check out the Arkansas judge after Bubba left office. The strongest impeachment point was dropped by the Senate ( fix ) farce.
The judge nailed Bubba's lying ass.<IMHO>

mtmedlin
08-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Check out the Arkansas judge after Bubba left office. The strongest impeachment point was dropped by the Senate ( fix ) farce.
The judge nailed Bubba's lying ass.<IMHO>

I am familiar with Bubbas case (Ive written a paper on it) and him lying was only impeachable because he was under oath. Check your facts, your missing the boat on this one.

mtmedlin
08-09-2008, 10:57 AM
btw... John would actually have to be in the Senate in order to be impeached. Since he is a FORMER senator, I think it may be tough for them to go back and impeach him.

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I am familiar with Bubbas case (Ive written a paper on it) and him lying was only impeachable because he was under oath. Check your facts, your missing the boat on this one. How so? He was found guilty of perjury, fined 800K and lost his license to practice law. :rolleyes: Big WOO. :p

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Text of draft articles of impeachment
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/09/articles.docs/

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 11:11 AM
btw... John would actually have to be in the Senate in order to be impeached. Since he is a FORMER senator, I think it may be tough for them to go back and impeach him. Ain't talking impeachment of John. McCain is just another scumbag like Edwards. :p :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm getting my scumbag Johns confused here. :D What do they call the customers of prostitutes? Johns. ;)

BTW, I'll bet Barack has had a few too. ;)

mtmedlin
08-09-2008, 11:44 AM
How so? He was found guilty of perjury, fined 800K and lost his license to practice law. :rolleyes: Big WOO. :p

The whole thread is about John Edwards. You stated impeachment would be a problem. Since he isnt in the Senate it isnt possible. Even Bubba was impeached but not removed. The point I was making is that if Edwards were in the Senate, he could not be impeached because he never made untrue statements under oath, unlike Bubba. Notice, Bubba wasnt found guilty of lying, he was found guilty of PERJURY.

Truth Warrior
08-09-2008, 12:02 PM
The whole thread is about John Edwards. You stated impeachment would be a problem. Since he isnt in the Senate it isnt possible. Even Bubba was impeached but not removed. The point I was making is that if Edwards were in the Senate, he could not be impeached because he never made untrue statements under oath, unlike Bubba. Notice, Bubba wasnt found guilty of lying, he was found guilty of PERJURY.
Perjury is just what pathological liars do. BTW, that's what I said. ;)

Sarge
08-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Nice to see a reporter who is asking questions that need to be answered.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2008/08/09/john_edwards_scandal_is_about_money_not_sex

Was campaign cash used to pay her off?

sidster
08-09-2008, 01:35 PM

Really?

Adultery, is only a sin if you believe in a religion that considers
it to be a sin.

sidster
08-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Honestly, religion aside here (and I know how difficult that is for you) if a man makes an oath to a woman and he can't keep it how can he be trusted? He doesn't want his sickly wife anymore? Divorce her, don't cheat on her and lie about it? He's a scumbag.

how do you know how his wife really feels? maybe knowing
that she is a goner, she made allowances for him. i said maybe.

you are making assumptions and judging a person on what he
does with his personal life, based on your own set standards.
hardly relevant. hardly fair.

sidster
08-09-2008, 01:42 PM

I think this girl may have been paid over $100k to design his campaign website, and apparently she doesn't have any web design experience.

They reported that the money (i don't know how much, but
I'll take your word for that figure) was paid to her web-design
services company.

NH4RonPaul
08-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Very strange that this old news came to the fore just when one would have expected it to if Edwards had been the nominee. It smells of "you can have this story as long as you sit on it until August..."

You are exactly right..

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-newrutten9-2008aug09,0,6134212.column

NH4RonPaul
08-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Really?

Adultery, is only a sin if you believe in a religion that considers
it to be a sin.

Um most NORMAL people think that cheating on your wife is very wrong.... why bother to get married if you don't?

Please, don't make me puke with excuses for this scumbag!

The woman has a baby, there were PHOTOS, and the press still HID IT just like they are hiding all the other stuff people think we are crazy about just because they don't 'see it on TV'.

NH4RonPaul
08-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Look at this,

"Another blow to Democrats today -- Edwards former national finance chairman, Fred Baron, said he had made payments to Hunter in an attempt to keep her quiet about the affair, without the knowledge of Edwards."

And I have an extra bridge to sell you if you buy this one.

He knew Edwards was lying, he tried to pay her off without him knowing?

The LA times failed to investigate. They shut down the blog on any comments. They are getting slammed big time for not checking out the story.

I would cancel my subscription. MSM cover up when it comes to a Dem. Now they have to report.

The real deal will be how many Edwards supports say NO VOTE. I am picking up they feel betrayed and this might well throw the whole race into a tail spin.

McCain and Hillary. No Comment. You bet.

Where was Larry Flint on this one?

O on vacation for a week. Edwards confesses on a Friday with the Olympics. Get the story buried fast.

But for the internet, we would no longer know what is going on out there. The media has sold out.

Imagine, the National Enquirer is the only one that pursued the story. Does that say something for the press now days.

LA times has egg on their face for not investigating.

I agree with you. And you don't pay someone unless you have fathered their child.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-newrutten9-2008aug09,0,6134212.column

sidster
08-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Um most NORMAL people think that cheating on your wife is very wrong.... why bother to get married if you don't?

Please, don't make me puke with excuses for this scumbag!

The woman has a baby, there were PHOTOS, and the press still HID IT just like they are hiding all the other stuff people think we are crazy about just because they don't 'see it on TV'.

I'm not making excuses for him. He isn't anyone I particularly
care for. Never did like the guy.

BUT... I do have a problem when people stick their nose in other
people's business and start judging them based on what they
thing is acceptable conduct. It is his personal affair. He should
deal with it, if/when his wife has issues with it.

As I said, you don't know what his situation is. His wife has been
diagnosed (reportedly) with terminal cancer. They may have an
understanding that the rest of us don't know about or can't even
understand or condone.

Bottom line, it is their private business. Not yours. Not mine. Only
theirs.

stilltrying
08-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Maybe just maybe this is manufactured to get peoples attention off of other things. Clintons big piece was done when Clintongate was done, namely selling nuclear secrets to the chinese. Get me DNA evidence of the child and scum edwards and Ill believe it then otherwise its manufactured to draw attention away from other things UHHMMM (economy, russia-georgia, uncontrolled police, IL gov wanting cameras on interstate, you name it the list goes on and on). The NWO globalists elites will not think twice to lie to save their or their causes butts. They are all LIARS period, the best in the buisness.