PDA

View Full Version : The Olympic Games

Conza88
08-08-2008, 10:03 AM
First off the motto:
"One world. One Dream."

Hahaha... come on.. :rolleyes: yeahh I know, it's only a coincidence all you need to add is "government" and you get One World Government... as the frikken motto. What's with all this ONE emphasis anyway? COLLECTIVIST bullshit if you ask me... Nothing surprising coming from an authoritarian regime.

Anyway... I'd just like to say...
Whoever did Australian's team kit should be taken out back near the thunder box & shot.

I'm also wondering what the global elite think about the Olympics.. do you think Rockefeller was at the Opening Ceremony? bahahah..

I'm sure every government is going to love the distraction this is going to be for the next how ever long weeks.. Be on the look out for a lot of news leakage, like bank failures that have been planned in advance to announce them; the morning after a US athlete is expected to take home Gold... ;)

LittleLightShining
08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
What concerns me is the potential spread a virulent strain of a deadly virus, such as bird flu. I tried not to let that thread with the sensational claims of a planned avian flu outbreak get to me, but it's not working. This seems like such an ideal scenario and frankly, I'm really nervous about it.

James Madison
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
In other news: Russia invades Georgia! What a coincidence! Unbelievable...

Conza88
08-08-2008, 10:35 AM
In other news: Russia invades Georgia! What a coincidence! Unbelievable...

Wait? WHAT? You serious? :eek:

Edit: Ok.. not cool.

Andrew-Austin
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
It could just symbolize all nations coming togethor for peaceful competition, but that does not sound right..

Hiki
08-08-2008, 11:02 AM
The NWO/OWG-guys in action again...

China really did put up a helluva opening.

mediahasyou
08-08-2008, 11:27 AM
One world sporting competition. Not NWO...:rolleyes:

The origonal Olympics called for peacetime for the games to take place. The tradition needs to be upheld. Withdrawl for Americans.

Hiki
08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
One world sporting competition. Not NWO...:rolleyes:

The origonal Olympics called for peacetime for the games to take place. The tradition needs to be upheld. Withdrawl for Americans.

Well what can you expect from conspiracy-people... Everytime they see something referring to "one" or "one world" they instantly get major psychotic problems for some strange reason.

Conza88
08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Well what can you expect from conspiracy-people... Everytime they see something referring to "one" or "one world" they instantly get major psychotic problems for some strange reason.

Hey nom nom child, I said it was just a coincidence... :rolleyes: wake the ---k up.

I also assume it's a fken fine & prime time for governments / organizations to release all their dirty laundry that has to come out regardless... and do bad things.

That's not conspiratorial... that's f--ken common sense. What you don't believe in self interest? The politicians are there to sacrifice themselves for the greater good? Buy a brain buddy.

PatriotOne
08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
First off the motto:
"One world. One Dream."

Hahaha... come on.. :rolleyes: yeahh I know, it's only a coincidence all you need to add is "government" and you get One World Government... as the frikken motto. What's with all this ONE emphasis anyway? COLLECTIVIST bullshit if you ask me... Nothing surprising coming from an authoritarian regime.

LOL...I planned on watching the Olympics just for all the One World Order symbology that I was sure was going to be all over the place. I hope someone is counting pyramids :p

No1ButPaul08
08-08-2008, 08:16 PM
like bank failures that have been planned in advance to announce them; the morning after a US athlete is expected to take home Gold... ;)

The problem with that is that the US should have a gold medal winner everyday. :D

Conza88
08-08-2008, 08:17 PM
LOL...I planned on watching the Olympics just for all the One World Order symbology that I was sure was going to be all over the place. I hope someone is counting pyramids :p

:D why count pyramids? That's rather bizarre.

Why not take a look at the Olympic Rings... the games symbol themselves ;)

The emblem of the Olympic Games is composed of five interlocking rings (blue, yellow, black, green, and red respectively) on a white field. This was originally designed in 1913 by Baron Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the modern Olympic Games. Upon its initial introduction, de Coubertin stated the following in the August, 1913 edition of Revue Olympique:

The emblem chosen to illustrate and represent the world Congress of 1914 ...: five intertwined rings in different colours - blue, yellow, black, green, red - are placed on the white field of the paper. These five rings represent the five parts of the world which now are won over to Olympism and willing to accept healthy competition. Link to Article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_flag)

5 continents... all interlocking... joined as One ;) (5 were all the continents back then - so don't be a fool and go; "but there are 7 continents")
lmao... you also missed the raising of it, in the background the voices of an angelic choir; the entire stadium / world watching... as the soldiers below saluted to it. (<-- factual)

The symbolism is there. So for all the deadshits out there who have trouble with reality; the guy who designed the damn thing - just said that. Wake the f--k up.

:p

AutoDas
08-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm just upset that when I recorded the Olympics I was ended up with the Canadian broadcast version and not the high quality NBC one that I wanted recorded. This is what I get living in Washington.

lasenorita
08-08-2008, 11:31 PM
The symbolism is there. So for all the deadshits out there who have trouble with reality; the guy who designed the damn thing - just said that. Wake the f--k up.

I'm one of those people having trouble with your reality. :p

In his book entitled One Hundred Years of Olympic Congresses, Norbert Müller states that Pierre de Coubertin viewed Olympic Congresses “as intellectual guidance and justification” and “used them to unite modern sport, science, and the arts”. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Congress#Post_World_War_II)
With that in mind, I think the intertwined rings meant to represent the 14th Congress united by Olympism is quite fitting.

But, really, I agree with you: there's symbolism everywhere. In fact, I see symbolism in my orange juice right now. Yellow Orange... The Sun God... Aztec Gold... International Bankers... One World Government... The Olympics... :eek: ;)

As for "One world. One Dream.", one has to remember that China is a collectivist society. Also, it's probably best to read the official interpretation (http://en.beijing2008.cn/17/74/article212027417.shtml) first. The slogan focuses on (http://english.people.com.cn/200506/27/eng20050627_192446.html) the Olympic Spirit of unity, friendship and progress and traditional Chinese cultural value of harmony and peace.

Conza88
08-08-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm one of those people having trouble with your reality. :p
In his book entitled One Hundred Years of Olympic Congresses, Norbert Müller states that Pierre de Coubertin viewed Olympic Congresses “as intellectual guidance and justification” and “used them to unite modern sport, science, and the arts”. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Congress#Post_World_War_II)
With that in mind, I think the intertwined rings meant to represent the 14th Congress united by Olympism is quite fitting.
That is pretty much totally irrelevant to what I said... the remarks were about the symbology of the flag... and it was shown; from primary sources (not from secondary, like yours) - from the guy who actually created it; clarifying what it meant / symbolized. Primary > secondary. ;)

But, really, I agree with you: there's symbolism everywhere. In fact, I see symbolism in my orange juice right now. Yellow Orange... The Sun God... Aztec Gold... International Bankers... One World Government... The Olympics... :eek: ;)
Can you please point out how you drew those conclusions then? :confused:
Instead of baseless convictions... i.e Orange juice -> the Olympics... Sorry, I'm one of those people having trouble with your reality. :p

As for "One world. One Dream.", one has to remember that China is a collectivist society.
Yeah; I do remember... I also remember saying exactly that in the origional post. Funny that... :rolleyes:

Also, it's probably best to read the official interpretation (http://en.beijing2008.cn/17/74/article212027417.shtml) first. The slogan focuses on (http://english.people.com.cn/200506/27/eng20050627_192446.html) the Olympic Spirit of unity, friendship and progress and traditional Chinese cultural value of harmony and peace.
Please enlighten me on how that changes anything? Your links actually confirm what I have originally said / implied.

"With the dream of uniting the world around the Rings in 2008, the Beijing Olympic Games has a new slogan -- One World, One Dream."

Thanks for those :D

lasenorita
08-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Irrelevant? The symbolism in the flag is there to support the creator's intent. Pierre de Coubertin designed the flag to help symbolize the unity of modern sport, science, and the arts. The flag represented the 14th Congress whose theme was "Unification of Olympic regulations and conditions for participation" ...not the One World Big Government Order. :cool:

With the orange juice example, I was trying to show that with a little bit of creativity, a whole lot of leaps and bounds, and dedicated tunnel vision, one can come up with any conclusion one likes to support one's reality.

And as for the word "Rings", don't get too excited. It's obviously a synonym for "Olympics". ;) Anyways, you're free to interpret it however you like. I personally think "One World. One Dream." is a brilliant slogan. It not only represents China and its great culture, but also the wonderful spirit of the Games. :)

Hiki
08-09-2008, 02:07 AM
Hey nom nom child, I said it was just a coincidence... :rolleyes: wake the ---k up.

I also assume it's a fken fine & prime time for governments / organizations to release all their dirty laundry that has to come out regardless... and do bad things.

That's not conspiratorial... that's f--ken common sense. What you don't believe in self interest? The politicians are there to sacrifice themselves for the greater good? Buy a brain buddy.

Wow REALLY!?!? Governments exploiting the Olympics to do dirty laundry!? Now that's something new!

Hiki
08-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Irrelevant? The symbolism in the flag is there to support the creator's intent. Pierre de Coubertin designed the flag to help symbolize the unity of modern sport, science, and the arts. The flag represented the 14th Congress whose theme was "Unification of Olympic regulations and conditions for participation" ...not the One World Big Government Order. :cool:

With the orange juice example, I was trying to show that with a little bit of creativity, a whole lot of leaps and bounds, and dedicated tunnel vision, one can come up with any conclusion one likes to support one's reality.

And as for the word "Rings", don't get too excited. It's obviously a synonym for "Olympics". ;) Anyways, you're free to interpret it however you like. I personally think "One World. One Dream." is a brilliant slogan. It not only represents China and its great culture, but also the wonderful spirit of the Games. :)

Yeah, if you're looking for something, then you will probably find it.

Hmm, the Olympics are in fact one dirty happening. I mean c'mon, the logo with rings is obviously referring to penis rings, and they're all together symbolizing gangbang. And then in the opening ceremony they had these statues rising upwards like a penis going into erection, damn! And that guy running with the torch to light up the fire, a clear symbol for the big journey you have to make to get laid and then eventually light her/his fire up. And then of course the end climax with the huuge fireworks, this is so easy. Of course it referred to the orgasm with everything exploding. Hmm, gangbang and exploding orgasm... In Asia they like bukkake... THEY'RE GOING TO BUKKAKE THE WHOLE AUDIENCE!!! :eek:

shida
08-09-2008, 02:17 AM

Pyramids? This one would have been good if they'd manged to get it up in time. Has a cute little eye at the top too. :D

http://www.globalconstructionwatch.com/china/beijings-great-observation-wheel/

Hiki
08-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Pyramids? This one would have been good if they'd manged to get it up in time. Has a cute little eye at the top too. :D

http://www.globalconstructionwatch.com/china/beijings-great-observation-wheel/

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/SiskoAnimated.gif

Conza88
08-09-2008, 02:35 AM

You really are pulling at straws. The flag / emblem <-- whose symbolism we are talking about has never changed. The THEME HAS though... and you propose a direction relation to it?! Hahaha.... fail.

Flag
Created by Pierre De Coubertin in 1914. "The Olympic flag [...] has a white background, with five interlaced rings in the centre: blue, yellow, black, green and red [...] This hidesign is symbolic ; it represents the five inhabited continents of the world, united by Olympism, while the six colors are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time." (1931) Textes choisis II, p.470.

As I have stated previously from a PRIMARY SOURCE: from the MAN's mouth himself... NOT SOMEONE ELSE saying what he intended to do; the creator; speaks -

Upon its initial introduction, de Coubertin stated the following in the August, 1913 edition of Revue Olympique:
Five intertwined rings in different colours - blue, yellow, black, green, red - are placed on the white field of the paper. "These five rings represent the five parts of the world which now are won over to Olympism and willing to accept healthy competition."

Please explain to me, how on earth you get from that - what the creator says it represents to:- "symbolize the unity of modern sport, science, and the arts"

Hahah.. :rolleyes:

Indeed, it just doesn't apply here. :cool:

And as for the word "Rings", don't get too excited. It's obviously a synonym for "Olympics". ;)
Don't worry I'm not.. And no; it's not actually a synonym for "Olympics" - they are referring to what the rings represent.

Anyways, you're free to interpret it however you like. I personally think "One World. One Dream." is a brilliant slogan. It not only represents China and its great culture
It doesn't surprise me that you think it's a great slogan, I guess you like the "collectivism" of it? "One Dream"? - Whose dream? The collective entity that we call humanity? Ok... so we're not individuals anymore? We've all got the same dream then? Better yet; what is this dream?! What's it of? :rolleyes: You're spot on. It represents China. Authoritarianism here we come!

But also the wonderful spirit of the Games. :)
Competition. Yes. May there be more of it in every facet of life. ;)

Sandra
08-09-2008, 07:54 AM
China kicked butt as far as opening ceremonies. Awesome!