PDA

View Full Version : Need copies of Paul speeches and permission to use them for profit

DadaOrwell
08-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Dave Ridley here from RidleyReport.com

I am trying to take some of Dr. Paul's talking head speeches and add video to them, turning them from mere speeches into illustrated speeches. I don't care how old the speeches are. I don't care if they are video clips or merely audio clips. But the audio quality needs to be decent.

I need clips and permission from the copyright holder to use them for profit. I'll likely air them on RidleyReport.com and maybe some New Hampshire cable networks.

Thanks for whatever you can do.

My contact info: ridleyreport at live period com

Thanks much,

Dave Ridley

votefreedomfirst
08-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for all that you're doing in NH. I'm looking forward to moving up there as soon as circumstances permit.

AFAIK no one here has authority over any of Dr. Paul's copyrights. Perhaps you should try one of the phone numbers at the bottom of the Congressional websites contact page?

http://www.house.gov/paul/contact.shtml

Bern
08-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Isn't that what 90% of youtube videos are? Recycled copyrighted materials remashed/edited to create a new creative work?

yongrel
08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
You would need to contact Ron Paul, the copyright holder, and get permission from him.

DadaOrwell
08-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys. I've sent an email through his congressional website.

looks like cspan holds copyright over whatever they shot and doesn't let you use it for commercial purposes without permission. But i don't think cspan shoots those videos where he's sitting in an office talking to the camera to his supporters. Or do they?

torchbearer
08-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys. I've sent an email through his congressional website.

looks like cspan holds copyright over whatever they shot and doesn't let you use it for commercial purposes without permission. But i don't think cspan shoots those videos where he's sitting in an office talking to the camera to his supporters. Or do they?

IF you are using just audio, it would be kinda hard to prove whose video camera it came from. :D

I like the idea, and I'm a fan of your work!