PDA

View Full Version : Most frustrating way to spread the message

digg_my_youtube
08-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Try going to a Government & Politics chatroom on Yahoo! Chat--ya gotta voice chat though. It's unbelievable. Somehow I got called a liberal because I said we shouldn't be in Iraq :confused:

I strongly recommend it for everyone to try out. It's actually quite entertaining.

The_Orlonater
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Try going to a Government & Politics chatroom on Yahoo! Chat--ya gotta voice chat though. It's unbelievable. Somehow I got called a liberal because I said we shouldn't be in Iraq :confused:

I strongly recommend it for everyone to try out. It's actually quite entertaining.

I'll do it, lol.

Post the link..

I forgot, my yahoo account..uh..

digg_my_youtube
08-08-2008, 08:36 AM
http://chat.yahoo.com but I think you need Yahoo! Messenger or another yahoo chat client to do it...everyone should try it at least once in their life :P

The_Orlonater
08-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks, and oh yeah. Welcome to the forum.

ClayTrainor
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I get called a liberal by every single neo-con i've ever debated. It's funny because i, for the most part, hate liberal philospophy, and am a pretty strict conservative.

unfortunately neo-cons have no idea what he word conservative means.

powerofreason
08-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Someone do it and record it :D

FreeTraveler
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I've been hanging out on a writer's forum lately, under a different name, mostly in the politics subforum. It's been really interesting to say the least. I'd pretty much stopped using the term sheeple, but I've had my eyes opened; they really are out there by the thousands. I'd guess maybe 10% of the people there have any clue to the real world. It's been fun educating them though, and I'm starting to see some signs of conversion in the more open-minded of the participants. :D

Lord Xar
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I get called a liberal by every single neo-con i've ever debated. It's funny because i, for the most part, hate liberal philospophy, and am a pretty strict conservative.

Do you set them straight? Most neo-cons (ground troops) have no idea what idealogies the neo-cons, who control the government, were once representing. Far left idealogy that figured war & manipulation of the republicans would get them to their goals faster.

They been spoon fed Americans to believe that to be FOR the war, you are patriotic and republican and to be against the war - you are liberal and hate america. Its such a great game of manipulation.

Does anybody have that quote from that nazi on how to manipulate the masses to war?

constituent
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I've been hanging out on a writer's forum lately, under a different name, mostly in the politics subforum. It's been really interesting to say the least. I'd pretty much stopped using the term sheeple, but I've had my eyes opened; they really are out there by the thousands. I'd guess maybe 10% of the people there have any clue to the real world. It's been fun educating them though, and I'm starting to see some signs of conversion in the more open-minded of the participants. :D

just remember, it's always about the readers and not the writers (or should be).

when two, three, four people engage in a dialogue that two or 300+-- hell maybe even a few thousand--people read, that's huge.

countless millions of would-be artists, artisans and writers exhausted their time on earth preaching almost entirely to an audience of one.

these days a few people engaging others in sensible dialogue really can change the world.

Kade
08-08-2008, 02:19 PM

What parts of liberal philosophy do you hate? Is it the individualism or the liberty parts?

I think most people that hate it, do so because they are just straight ignorant retards... but I could be wrong.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Do you set them straight? Most neo-cons (ground troops) have no idea what idealogies the neo-cons, who control the government, were once representing. Far left idealogy that figured war & manipulation of the republicans would get them to their goals faster.

They been spoon fed Americans to believe that to be FOR the war, you are patriotic and republican and to be against the war - you are liberal and hate america. Its such a great game of manipulation.

Does anybody have that quote from that nazi on how to manipulate the masses to war?

Ya I know what you are talking about but cant find it. It was about the same as now.

To equate supporting the war as being patriotic. To not want war as being weak or supportive of the enemy. ummm Himmel?

constituent
08-08-2008, 02:23 PM
What parts of liberal philosophy do you hate?

whose liberal philosophy?

libertarian4321
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
What parts of liberal philosophy do you hate? Is it the individualism or the liberty parts?

I think most people that hate it, do so because they are just straight ignorant retards... but I could be wrong.

How about the part where they are always reaching for MY WALLET (yes, I know, the Republicans do it to- that doesn't make it right)?

Classical liberalism is fine- but modern day nanny-state liberalism is a sick, statist perversion of classical liberalism.

Kade
08-08-2008, 02:55 PM
How about the part where they are always reaching for MY WALLET (yes, I know, the Republicans do it to- that doesn't make it right)?

Classical liberalism is fine- but modern day nanny-state liberalism is a sick, statist perversion of classical liberalism.

You will have to give me a piece of philosophical literature, written by a Liberal, that says anything about taking money from you...