PDA

View Full Version : School House Rock - MSM

Mach
08-08-2008, 12:45 AM
This, of course, was only played on TV once!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIvPhZ3IsQ

Maverick
08-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Heh, that's pretty funny.

I like this one though:

Pirates and Emperors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdYZCcATg3Q)

LittleLightShining
08-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Awww, I was hoping it was a real one.

Pirates and Emperors is genius.

DamianTV
08-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Well I'll betcha didnt know that: NBC is owned by GE. When you hear the Ding, Ding, Ding for the NBC chime, the notes are G, E, and C, which of course is the General Electric Company, and thats where that came from! I should know, I used to work for the NBC affiliate in Reno, KRNV-TV and thats where the TV in my name came from!

And knowing is half the battle! GE Joe! A real Ameri.... wait, thats not how it goes...

Kludge
08-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Excellent video (less the blame on deregulation instead of getting at the root of the problem, of course ;) ). I recall watching it a good while ago, but it's a nice re-visit.

LittleLightShining
08-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Well I'll betcha didnt know that: NBC is owned by GE. When you hear the Ding, Ding, Ding for the NBC chime, the notes are G, E, and C, which of course is the General Electric Company, and thats where that came from! I should know, I used to work for the NBC affiliate in Reno, KRNV-TV and thats where the TV in my name came from!

And knowing is half the battle! GE Joe! A real Ameri.... wait, thats not how it goes...
I knew about the GE-NBC connection, but that bit about the chime is a great piece of trivia!

Bruno
08-15-2008, 07:05 AM

Didn't they have that chime long before GE bought NBC? They came up with it in 1933.

G-E-C are also the initials of the General Electric Company, which runs NBC.(noted that this is an urban myth that this was the reason for choosing these three notes).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC_Chimes

DamianTV
08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I dont know, I wasnt around in 1933, and if I was, I probably wouldnt be here today! :P Well the urban myth still runs strong in the NBC affiliates then...

Kade
08-15-2008, 12:29 PM

General Electric is a good company, as far as corporations go... I trust NBC more than I trust any other MSM, as far as that may go.... :cool: