PDA

View Full Version : I Lost My Son to a War I Oppose. We Were Both Doing Our Duty.

NewEnd
05-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Washington Post story

I Lost My Son to a War I Oppose. We Were Both Doing Our Duty.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/25/AR2007052502032.html

Each said that my son's death came as a direct result of my antiwar writings....

....This may seem a vile accusation to lay against a grieving father. But in fact, it has become a staple of American political discourse, repeated endlessly by those keen to allow President Bush a free hand in waging his war...

...First Amendment protects antiwar critics from being tried for treason, it provides no protection for the hardly less serious charge of failing to support the troops -- today's civic equivalent of dereliction of duty.

DjLoTi
05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I believe a war on ' terror ' is not a war on ' people '

The only place 'terror' is created is within our minds.

I am going to do everything I can to support you and your son.. I am also in the military.. he is like one of my brothers. Americans.

There's no way to properly grieve your loss on my end. I will fight as hard as possible to get the word out and support our Americans.

Like Ron Paul said, " I'm an American. You're an American. We're Americans "

I love Ron Paul and all true Americans. I do....

glts
05-27-2007, 04:19 PM
When George Bush said, "we are fighting them over there so that we don't have to fight them here"; he wasn't talking about the Iraqis or other foreign 'terrorists', he was talking about our own military - the American Patriots with guns and heart.

NewEnd
05-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I just wanted to be clear, i didn't write this, I just used the title of the story as the thread headline

Capitalism
05-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I was shocked when I read this morning that Andrew Bacevich's son had died in Iraq. Shocked for two reasons.
1. I knew how much he has opposed this war since before it started. I read his last book too.
2. I had no idea his son was in the war. (I am glad he was not a publicity whore about it.)

Now having read that article, I am appalled by the emails he received blaming him for his son's death. I would like to think that's not representative of the pro-war faction in America, but I won't hold my breath.