PDA

View Full Version : How about free coverage of the RFR?

ChrisInMN
08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I've been reading forum postings about this place needs $2,600 and this other place needs a bunch of money. Would you folks be interested in having someone cover the events live for *FREE*? That's right, no pandering for money and no b.s.
I provided coverage from the Iowa Caucus and the Minneapolis speech, and I'm up for doing it again at the rally for the republic. It will take place on my justin.tv account and will be free for everyone to view that can not make the trip to Minnesota.
With everything in this grassroots movement, everyone seems to need money. No one is dedicated to do it for free or even at their own expense. Well, it's time to turn the page cause I'm going to do it. I hope everyone will tune in.
I'll probably make a few youtube adverts prior to the event and hope you all will help me make them go viral.

For the revolution!

ChrisInMN

NoSurf
08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Awesome.

Ninja Homer
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Very Awesome!

It looks like C-Span will also be covering a lot of it, but there's probably a lot that they'll be leaving out.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=301

constitutional
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Heck, if it's free (not costing other users). Why not? Thank you!

BTW, how's your equipment?

ChrisInMN
08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Heck, if it's free (not costing other users). Why not? Thank you!

BTW, how's your equipment?

The gear is good and will provide clean video and audio. I've done a bunch of events now and have it down pretty good. Stay tuned for more details to come.

ChrisInMN

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-07-2008, 04:02 PM
nt

torchbearer
08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
More evidence that Minnesotans rule.

hard to argue with that!

milly
08-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Chris -

This is great work. I understand you have press credentials for the event and will also be interviewing Jesse Ventura. Just fantastic. It is a breath of fresh air to see someone truly dedicated to the cause. I am also very sad to see some people use this as a vehicle to get a free trip and make some extra money. I know from your past coverage this will be top notch in terms of audio and video quality. Thanks again...you my friend are a TRUE patriot

newyearsrevolution08
08-07-2008, 06:54 PM
WAIT A MINUTE

a grassroots effort that does NOT take money, donations or a chip in!

that's unhead of!

lol

GREAT STUFF and I love the old school grassroots efforts that are starting to come back.

As long as we don't have to pay monthly membership fees to be in the cool kids club and fees for this and that I am ALL FOR IT. Living is just too expensive..... hell it is expensive to die too so who knows anymore.

revolutionisnow
08-09-2008, 02:44 PM
great news!

MRoCkEd
08-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Chris -

This is great work. I understand you have press credentials for the event and will also be interviewing Jesse Ventura. Just fantastic. It is a breath of fresh air to see someone truly dedicated to the cause. I am also very sad to see some people use this as a vehicle to get a free trip and make some extra money. I know from your past coverage this will be top notch in terms of audio and video quality. Thanks again...you my friend are a TRUE patriot
nice

thanks chrisinmn

DeadtoSin
08-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I've been reading forum postings about this place needs $2,600 and this other place needs a bunch of money. Would you folks be interested in having someone cover the events live for *FREE*? That's right, no pandering for money and no b.s.
I provided coverage from the Iowa Caucus and the Minneapolis speech, and I'm up for doing it again at the rally for the republic. It will take place on my justin.tv account and will be free for everyone to view that can not make the trip to Minnesota.
With everything in this grassroots movement, everyone seems to need money. No one is dedicated to do it for free or even at their own expense. Well, it's time to turn the page cause I'm going to do it. I hope everyone will tune in.
I'll probably make a few youtube adverts prior to the event and hope you all will help me make them go viral.

For the revolution!

ChrisInMN

To be honest, this is one of the few things lately I WOULD have donated to, and he is the only one willing to foot the bill. I was so bummed out that I couldn't go to the Rally, and now I'll get to see a lot of it live!

IPSecure
08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Awesome. We should do a Chip-In, to at least buy you dinner...

Will there be enough bandwidth?

Thank You!

Hamer
08-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Justin tv always freezes up and their bandwidth sucks. How can you possibly bring a clear feed on that lame server of justin tv?

I am all for free and we all thank you but sometimes free isn't always the best way.

Camaro
08-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Justin tv always freezes up and their bandwidth sucks. How can you possibly bring a clear feed on that lame server of justin tv?

I am all for free and we all thank you but sometimes free isn't always the best way.

Chris broadcasted the first primaries and caucuses in Iowa and New Hampshire and there was no problems with the bandwith.

revolutionisnow
08-11-2008, 10:57 AM
bump

newyearsrevolution08
08-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Not to bring down the buzz BUT also realize there will NOT be as many watching as there was during the beginning of this "movement". Most of those who will be watching are more of the diehards who stayed with it OR were brought into it later on.

I don't see justin.tv having an issue with providing the feed at all. Not that it is a GOOD thing to say that but I don't see tens of thousands flocking to the feed like they used to. A bit of apathy has set in with some and others have lost interest once he slowed the pres bid.

Either way, its a great service and its FREE and needs to be commended either way. Happy to see free options still out there and hope more come about as well.

Who knows, maybe others will go and record the entire thing and provide copies at a cost as well so those who couldn't be there, couldn't watch the live feed COULD still watch the whole event recorded.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to get everything recorded or not?

mport1
08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Awesome

MelissaWV
08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Since his other thread got hijacked, I think this one bears bumping for ChrisInMN. He broadcasted on the original Ron Paul Radio, which was around before half of you were even joined on these forums, and did a great job with it.

And yeah, it's damned refreshing to see someone doing all this and not begging for stipends for everything from airfare to toilet paper. Chris, I'm going to ship you some Charmin. The good stuff! Just for being a true patriot <3

jcarcinogen
08-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks Chris, I know c-span will let me down.

It all comes back around.

DjLoTi
08-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Hell yeah Chris! Dude you were always the man :P