PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Tucker Carlson

Jeremy
08-06-2008, 11:46 PM
He has said in the past (live on his show) that he agrees with just about everything Ron Paul says except going back to the gold standard. He should read some books. :D

Bruno
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
He has said in the past (live on his show) that he agrees with just about everything Ron Paul says except going back to the gold standard. He should read some books. :D

+1. And he should buy some gold while the price is still down.

Joseph Hart
08-07-2008, 01:09 AM

This country did survive on a paper currency. As long as it's highly regulated value.

cien750hp
08-07-2008, 01:15 AM
This country did survive on a paper currency. As long as it's highly regulated value.

its impossible to have a paper currency and the government never manipulate it.

Conza88
08-07-2008, 01:19 AM

Survive? It's about to die...

malkusm
08-07-2008, 06:09 AM

In my opinion, this statement is like saying "Well I lived for 30 years while smoking!" after you receive the news that you have lung cancer.

Just my opinion though.

Bruno
08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
In my opinion, this statement is like saying "Well I lived for 30 years while smoking!" after you receive the news that you have lung cancer.

Just my opinion though.

Lol!

IRO-bot
08-07-2008, 06:40 AM
I always thought Ron said going back to the GS is near impossible and he really just wants to legalize competing currencies to let the market sort it out.

BagOfEyebrows
08-07-2008, 09:36 AM

In this youtube clip, during the first minute of discussion, what Tucker Carlson thinks about Ron Paul's views on the gold standard isn't so much a disagreeance with Ron Paul, but a lack of knowledge about what Ron Paul is talking about with the gold standard - he doesn't understand it yet (or at least didn't back when he did this interview.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgMP4Uk0nw

Also, at 9:00 into the clip, Tucker Carlson had me in awe - he asks what I view as the most intelligent question of this election season. It starts off "Why would you go from totally disbelieving the mass media..." I remember the impact his question had on me, personally.

- we've got to research and investigate many, many things on our own, by numerous sources/resources, in order to find out what the facts are exactly - it's an age of information, and sometimes even those we trust or consider absolutely unbiased, intelligent and/or 'in the know' can make small errors (or even big ones.)

Tucker is one of the best journalists/reporters/investigators/media hosts of this century, in my opinion. I base that personal conclusion about him based on his questions, which are always brilliant, on topic and deserve consideration and answers. He really is just looking for truth and facts. He's a playful patriot, some of his antics may have come across as 'pushing the buttons', but he actually did this movement a favor by injecting much needed humor into a very exhausting and sometimes extremely frustrating and anger-inducing journey.