PDA

View Full Version : What did Ann Coulter say about RP at the PNAC convention?

acroso
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
She said he makes too much sense?

itshappening
08-06-2008, 08:51 PM
but not on foreign policy...

:rolleyes:

acroso
08-06-2008, 08:52 PM
video or transcript?

Bruno
08-06-2008, 08:55 PM

If I had a dime for everytime I head some neocon say that...

nate895
08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
If I had a dime for everytime I head some neocon say that...

Those people aren't neocons, they're conservatives who have been duped by Bush. In fact, many of them actively speak out against neoconservatism, while not realizing that they are subscribers to the number one item on their agenda.

Bruno
08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Those people aren't neocons, they're conservatives who have been duped by Bush. In fact, many of them actively speak out against neoconservatism, while not realizing that they are subscribers to the number one item on their agenda.

I can agree with that.

Imperial
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't know what she said then.

I did see her on Glenn Beck a few nights ago. He tore into her because she has the belief the Republicans are the perfect party that always fight for justice(except John McCain). Anything else is grandstanding in her eyes.

So when Glenn suggested that the Republicans might not be sincere in their "revolt", she just couldn't contemplate that. Glenn got a wee bit frustrated.

Every time I try to read a book of hers, or watch an interview, I cringe...

acroso
08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I want a video clip of her saying she can't listen to Paul because he makes too much sense.

Jeremy
08-06-2008, 09:21 PM
the title of Coulter's book is a pretty good title

that's about it! =o

satchelmcqueen
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
i hear that all the time too. "We should take care of our country first...but Bush is just keeping us all safe right now"..

Stupid!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-06-2008, 09:35 PM
nt

fr33domfightr
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM

If she did say that, she's probably thinking RP wants to be an isolationist. Either that, or we'll (the U.S.) get caught with our pants down, so to speak, if we didn't have a presence around the world. Since the U.S. is spread all over the globe, we can be in any country very quickly, to offer aid, etc. I know what you're going to say, "and bomb too." That's true. I think what RP is talking about really has more to do with other countries picking up the slack which our country has been all too eager to grab, at our expense. A compromise solution, whereby our world presence is reduced but not eliminated, might be enough to get more Republicans on board.

FF

nate895
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM
If she did say that, she's probably thinking RP wants to be an isolationist. Either that, or we'll (the U.S.) get caught with our pants down, so to speak, if we didn't have a presence around the world. Since the U.S. is spread all over the globe, we can be in any country very quickly, to offer aid, etc. I know what you're going to say, "and bomb too." That's true. I think what RP is talking about really has more to do with other countries picking up the slack which our country has been all too eager to grab, at our expense. A compromise solution, whereby our world presence is reduced but not eliminated, might be enough to get more Republicans on board.

FF

What we must do is make conservatives realize that our policy is what they were arguing as little as ten years ago. The reason why conservatives didn't back Paul in droves wasn't foreign policy taken as a whole, but his presentation of it. He was forced into a situation in the May debate where he had to make his position sound as if he was blaming America for its problems. If he could have worked it properly he could have laid the blame on a Democratic administration and then related it to Bush's policy, essentially making Bush out to be a liberal. Instead he presented it as "we" if he would said something about how that is what Democrats did, he could have won out.

Jeremy
08-06-2008, 11:38 PM
What we must do is make conservatives realize that our policy is what they were arguing as little as ten years ago. The reason why conservatives didn't back Paul in droves wasn't foreign policy taken as a whole, but his presentation of it. He was forced into a situation in the May debate where he had to make his position sound as if he was blaming America for its problems. If he could have worked it properly he could have laid the blame on a Democratic administration and then related it to Bush's policy, essentially making Bush out to be a liberal. Instead he presented it as "we" if he would said something about how that is what Democrats did, he could have won out.

Then I guess the problem with Ron Paul was that he didn't speak sneakily.

nate895
08-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Then I guess the problem with Ron Paul was that he didn't speak sneakily.

I think the problem is he had one minute and thirty seconds to explain something that a full college course couldn't cover all of.

Antonius Stone
08-06-2008, 11:51 PM
coulter's an idiot why do people care what she thinks?

Knightskye
08-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Tube it or it didn't happen! :D

This is her on Brian & the Judge (sans the Judge), analyzing Ron Paul's Meet the Press interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fyC36Yk3B8

Is that it? She said he was brilliant on domestic policy and abortion.

DFF
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
i hear that all the time too. "We should take care of our country first...but Bush is just keeping us all safe right now"..

Stupid!

Right...because his job isn't to keep us safe, it's to keep us free.

GreenCardSeeker
08-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Somehow I've gotten the impression that while just about everything she says and writes is infantile, she is intelligent beneath the surface and is merely acting. I mean, much of the stuff is on a child's level, no adult should use heavily flawed arguments like she does. I know there are lots of conservative women who could express more intelligent views than she does, so the attention she's getting shouldn't be from a desperate search for a conservative woman.

Btw, did anyone notice the conservative band Right brothers has made a corny song about her called "I'm in love with Ann Coulter"?

Pedrique
08-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Ann said (or I read in an article that she said) - "Ron Paul is very smart. He's the kind of guy that I don't want to listen to for too long because I'll start agreeing with him on everything. "

This was back during primary season.

SnappleLlama
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm pretty sure I won't be losing sleep over what Ann Coulter has to say.

Kade
08-07-2008, 07:47 AM
MAnn Coulter is a mental pathogen.

Imperial
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
You should see an old SNL from 2004, that had Hardball from MSNBC hosting Karl Rove as secret leader of the Western World and Ann Coulter as media whore. It is very insightful for comedy!