PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Fundraising (SpreadingRoots1)

ronpaulhawaii
08-06-2008, 08:39 AM
We are up against powerful machines, if we mean to win this, we can, and should, become one ourselves. I call to mind an organic one; roots.

Different than some of the trees that have grown up here in Liberty Forest, I see an intertwined and creeping mass, touching everyone, in a six degrees of seperation kinda way. Imagine that.

What we lack in active supporters, we more than make up for in sympathetic observers. Imagine an organic list so large that we could put out a call a dozen times a year, and never touch the same donors twice. They are out there, we just need to spread the roots to touch them. Imagine such a mass of roots that we never had to ask anyone for more than 10 bucks. All it takes is recruiting people to your side. The personal touch. Simple as asking, simple as that.

The bottom line is that most people like to "give" to good causes. A well phrased pitch with an explanation of the n3twork, and how, "we want to build it so large that we don't pester people, ...Just looking for 10 bucks once or twice a year...do you mind being on that list?...Thanks!" The personal touch; touching the sympathetic, they are everywhere. Build a list, spread the roots...

Yes, my friends, what we have here is a rare thing, a good, and pure, cause. Yes, Our r3VOLution is an extremely valuable commodity. Believe me, people are vexed they have not been able to harness it. Can we? While we can be proud of our accomplishments last season, they don't hold a candle to the numbers raised by the machines we strive against. Not by a long shot. Can we grow grass? Do we have the patience and will and determination? I think we do.

Two things we lack are money, and experiance raising it, the tried and true old fashioned way. To that end I have been quietly building an experimental network to spread our roots, and raise us money, with a personal touch. Please watch for a companion thread to this in the walk4freedom sub forum, and give a w00t to the patriots who are pushing the envelope and growing the movement.

If you are in an unrepresented State, please represent. If you are in a State already covered, please contact the "chair" and offer to help. We are not going to flood the boards with requests, we do not want to build our own list. We want you all to start using, and building, your own lists and help create an organic list "to end all lists".

All it takes is cooperation, a few phone calls, and 10 bucks here and there...

Thanks for your kind consideration.

michael

States fully covered by forum members so far include,

HI, UT, NY, NJ, MD, PA, CT, MA, AL, OK, MN, CA, and FL

w00t :)

Jeremy
08-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Yah, raising money is definitely something we have to tackle. :)

ronpaulhawaii
08-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Yah, raising money is definitely something we have to tackle. :)

Yep, and we can add CA to that list...